watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just got back

Started by Peabody, November 13, 2022, 08:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Have to say I am as proud as punch of our boys, they ran their hearts out, everyone of them and that includes the new favourite scapegoat Carlos Vinicius, he may not be Premiership standard, bit like Frank Large but he tried. The standout player was Palhinha, he was magnificent. It's a great pity that Scotland Yard is not operating well at the moment, because Man U have committed daylight robbery today.

filham

Sorry Peabody but it is looking to me as if our squad has a serious Achilles Heel problem in that we have no cover for Mitro.
Apart from that I agree with your every word, it was another great performance from the team today.

Milo

Quote from: filham on November 13, 2022, 09:10:27 PM
Sorry Peabody but it is looking to me as if our squad has a serious Achilles Heel problem in that we have no cover for Mitro.
Apart from that I agree with your every word, it was another great performance from the team today.

Agree with Peabody, but also this.
It's a massive shame that with a fit Mitrovic we would have probably won the last two games against Man City and Man United.. and where would we be now? CL spaces etc?

Finding a back up has to be a January priority.

Andy S

I agree with you Peabody. A still newly promoted team carrying injuries and suspensions out played at best and at worst equalled Man U. That is a triumph in itself. To hear the Man U manager on the radio saying he was happy with that performance on the radio, when he should be ashamed. The resources that Man U have out weigh ours by a long way. Nobody has given us a real beating yet and we have given most teams a good game. Tonight I feel proud even though we lost in the final seconds.

RaySmith

Quote from: Peabody on November 13, 2022, 08:17:24 PM
Have to say I am as proud as punch of our boys, they ran their hearts out, everyone of them and that includes the new favourite scapegoat Carlos Vinicius, he may not be Premiership standard, bit like Frank Large but he tried. The standout player was Palhinha, he was magnificent. It's a great pity that Scotland Yard is not operating well at the moment, because Man U have committed daylight robbery today.

0001.jpeg

Thanks Peabody.

I also thought Vinicius put in a good effort, and Palhinha was brilliant, but it was a great team effort, despite missing key players.
No doubt we were the better side, but just lacked a cutting edge, and that bit of luck, that they certainly had.

cwindsor

As much as I am completely gutted by the last-kick-of-the-game loss, I thought that was one of the best games we've played so far.
We moved the ball extremely well and played some great one-touch football. We certainly deserved a point, or more.
It gives me a lot of confidence going into our next three matches.

Beamer

My main concern is that we have only one right back and when he is injured/ suspended we are forced to play BDR out of position to stand in for him while the player we brought in to cover the position sits on the bench. Not having a go at BDR but he is not a right back and it was clear as soon as Garnacho came on that he had been told to attack him. The goal comes from BDR not realising the one-two was on and either going with him or making sure the space wasn't there to run into (which is part of a good defenders job).
If Silva doesn't believe that Mbabu is up to it then we need to make sure that we recruit there in January, not sure why we got rid of Christie, who whilst never likely to be a starter would have been perfectly adequate as a back up and was fully aware of the nuances of the position.
As I say not having a go at BDR who must be admired for being prepared to play anywhere he is required to and further forward can do a job but he is not a full back.

Classic94

We were excellent and by far the better team in the second half. Palhinha was just immense.

Get Mitrovic, Reed, Tete and Solomon into this team - plus a bit of extra squad depth - and we'll be absolutely fine.

bog

Well said Peabody. How painful was that? Of course DeGea had to have his best game for ages. But as has been said I was very proud of our lads.   

092.gif

Milo

Quote from: Beamer on November 14, 2022, 07:02:47 AM
My main concern is that we have only one right back and when he is injured/ suspended we are forced to play BDR out of position to stand in for him while the player we brought in to cover the position sits on the bench. Not having a go at BDR but he is not a right back and it was clear as soon as Garnacho came on that he had been told to attack him. The goal comes from BDR not realising the one-two was on and either going with him or making sure the space wasn't there to run into (which is part of a good defenders job).
If Silva doesn't believe that Mbabu is up to it then we need to make sure that we recruit there in January, not sure why we got rid of Christie, who whilst never likely to be a starter would have been perfectly adequate as a back up and was fully aware of the nuances of the position.
As I say not having a go at BDR who must be admired for being prepared to play anywhere he is required to and further forward can do a job but he is not a full back.

I agree. They exploited BDR just as City did.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

All very painful for us all but no matter how well we are playing we are not picking up the points that we deserve and we are still closer to the bottom that to the top.
Marco knows that we require squad strengthening in January or our reputation as hard working losers will be meaningless as we get sucked into the relegation battle.
That would be a great shame but Leicester among others are showing signs of improvement below us.

Chrisjo

We do need a decent back up for Mitro but the trouble is where are you going to find a quality striker especially in the January transfer window who will likely spend most of the time keeping the bench warm

KJS

Agree but what are Hounslow without Toney or Spurs without Kane? Unfortunately you will never have 2 class strikers at a club of our size in the Premier league as one won't be willing to sit on the bench for 99% of the season

Fernhurst

Just very pleased you were back and able to attend Mr P.

With a severely weakened team we matched them throughout the game and should have at least shared the points with them as our efforts deserved. So so disappointed at the end.

Get all the boys back and it's onwards and upwards.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Woolly Mammoth

A good post, and you are absolutely correct in all you say and i am also very proud of the team.
Football can be very cruel at times. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bokonon

Quote from: KJS on November 14, 2022, 09:34:34 AM

Agree but what are Hounslow without Toney or Spurs without Kane? Unfortunately you will never have 2 class strikers at a club of our size in the Premier league as one won't be willing to sit on the bench for 99% of the season

Exactly. And that goes for more than just strikers. The only way this isn't the case is getting lucky in a way like how our Willian signing turned out, which is not something that can be relied on regularly, or having an absurdly strong academy pipeline.

Bill2

The first two times that Garnacho tried to get the better BDR on a one on one basis he got quite easily dealt with and from memory was left on his backside. The goal came about through poor marking from a number of players plus a good finish. This young man while he can finish was not so good when playing wide.

The Cravenette

Quote from: Milo on November 14, 2022, 09:08:53 AM

I agree. They exploited BDR just as City did.

BDR was suspended against City. Tete played at RB

perry geyton

I too thought that Vinicius was very good and very unlucky not to score

perry geyton

Quote from: Classic94 on November 14, 2022, 07:55:15 AM
We were excellent and by far the better team in the second half. Palhinha was just immense.

Get Mitrovic, Reed, Tete and Solomon into this team - plus a bit of extra squad depth - and we'll be absolutely fine.
Not sure who you'd drop for Solomon tho
Willian ? He was top class yesterday
I don't think we've seen anything of Solomon yet