watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fergie time in reverse

Started by F(f)CUK, November 14, 2022, 12:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F(f)CUK

We played about 1 minute of injury time. The rest was Pereira being treated for a clash and United celebrating.

RaySmith

There should have been at least a minute after they scored, with all the celebrations taken off - time for us to score, even if unlikely, but he blew the whistle straightaway.

He was an awful ref.

Whitestone

I was thinking the same when the whistle went. It took me by surprise. I thought there was more than enough time for us to create at least one more chance. The ref should have added the time taken for the celebrations after their goal. He clearly didn't.

The Cravenette

I was there and set the timer on my phone for the 3 mins. He blew up dead on, allowing nothing extra for the delays.  Their celebrations were at least a min and a half I reckon.

But then United had scored so he didn't need to add on anymore time.

bobbo

I missed the game due away but from the few comments on here it does appear to be a classic example of the the big name getting better treatment.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

F(f)CUK

I checked it out on the TV coverage when I got home. Pereira was being treated until 91.20. Then there was about 50 seconds before they scored and then the TV did not show our kick off, just the final whistle.

Sgt Fulham

Apart from blowing the whistle early I thought the ref had an okay game. It wasn't one of those games where I thought the ref made a difference to the result.

alfie

Quote from: Whitestone on November 14, 2022, 07:10:11 AM
I was thinking the same when the whistle went. It took me by surprise. I thought there was more than enough time for us to create at least one more chance. The ref should have added the time taken for the celebrations after their goal. He clearly didn't.
Me too, he wasn't going to take the risk of Maure not winning.
I wonder how poor Mr Rashford is after those 2 devastating head injuries.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

epsomraver

:plus one:
Quote from: RaySmith on November 14, 2022, 04:59:04 AM
There should have been at least a minute after they scored, with all the celebrations taken off - time for us to score, even if unlikely, but he blew the whistle straightaway.

He was an awful ref.
:plus one: :plus one:

Bill2

Quote from: alfie on November 14, 2022, 10:25:06 AM

Rashford has form for this, remember a few years ago when he lost in a 50/50 tackle with Zambo at old Trafford. He went over like  ton of bricks got up and had a go at Zambo. Ref brought the lot and sent Zambo off, not sure if it was a straight red or 2nd yellow but the result was we were down to 10 men. Replays showed that it was a fair tackle. Did anyone else notice that on both occasions Rashford died on the pitch he didn't need the trainer, therefore staying on the pitch but the ref stopped play.

alfie

Quote from: Bill2 on November 14, 2022, 01:25:10 PM

Rashford has form for this, remember a few years ago when he lost in a 50/50 tackle with Zambo at old Trafford. He went over like  ton of bricks got up and had a go at Zambo. Ref brought the lot and sent Zambo off, not sure if it was a straight red or 2nd yellow but the result was we were down to 10 men. Replays showed that it was a fair tackle. Did anyone else notice that on both occasions Rashford died on the pitch he didn't need the trainer, therefore staying on the pitch but the ref stopped play.
To be fair the ref has no choice nowadays head injury protocol, the fact no trainer comes on is irrelevant.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

filham

Lets be clear Fergie Time ends when United get their goal, you can forget what the pocket watch is saying.

Jules

Hopefully at some point after the WC we get to score an added time winner. It keeps happening to us so I really am looking forward to celebrating it going our way for a change!

Bill2

Quote from: alfie on November 14, 2022, 02:10:12 PM

To be fair the ref has no choice nowadays head injury protocol, the fact no trainer comes on is irrelevant.
Not sure they were head injuries, just played dead. Will have to look at the replays as not so easy to see when at the game. But this allows for a player to go over holding his head forcing the ref to stop the game. Expect it to happen more frequently especially when the other team are in possession of the ball.

Palhinha Colada

Quote from: Jules on November 14, 2022, 05:40:59 PM
Hopefully at some point after the WC we get to score an added time winner. It keeps happening to us so I really am looking forward to celebrating it going our way for a change!

We beat Brentford on a 90' header. It felt great. Close enough for me.

In truth, we snatched 2 points from the Bees and have lost one late against Arsenal, City and United. As crappy as the last two weekends have felt, we're only really -1 point on late drama this season. Maybe -3 if you include Mitro's penalty miss at Wolves, but that was with 10 mins to go. It's felt worse than it has been because we've thrice gotten 0 very late against top sides.

Asotosyios

I remember that. It was a fair tackle, Rashford fell on the ground and grabbed Anguissa having a go at him, the referee showed a second yellow and a red to Anguissa and when Anguissa was telling Rashford that he didn't do anything, Rashford was shrugging like he never did anything to cause all that.

There were no head injury on Sunday - he was just going to the ground all the time expecting a call that he always got.

SP

I was surprised the concussion protocol wasn't implemented, particularly after his second supposed head injury?

alfie

Quote from: SP on November 15, 2022, 09:10:04 PM
I was surprised the concussion protocol wasn't implemented, particularly after his second supposed head injury?
I think it maybe because no trainer came on to tend to him, after he won the free kick up he jumps and trots off. I have a lot of respect for him for his outside football work, but on the pitch he is one of the "clever" players who constantly con the ref.
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jules on November 14, 2022, 05:40:59 PM

You will have to wait a very long time, because it is never going to happen.
The Establishment is corrupt from the top downwards, it is a den of vipers.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Ashington White

Quote from: The Cravenette on November 14, 2022, 07:16:40 AM
I was there and set the timer on my phone for the 3 mins. He blew up dead on, allowing nothing extra for the delays.  Their celebrations were at least a min and a half I reckon.

But then United had scored so he didn't need to add on anymore time.

Agree with all this.