watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Never Seen That before

Started by Peabody, November 14, 2022, 08:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

When everyone rose and applauded Palinhas double tackle in the second half. Amazing performance.

Tempest

Not for a long time, crunching tackles always used to get a reaction, they're very rare today. Good to see.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

filham

What a game he had, even MOD gave him their MOM award.

blingo

murphy

Still didn't make Garth Crooks team of the week??

General

Noticed that in the highlights. Very rare for a performance in football that isn't a striker or winger see people get up off their seats to applaud through excitement especially if not a goal. Looked contagious too.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: murphy on November 15, 2022, 06:07:40 PM
Still didn't make Garth Crooks team of the week??

Garth Crooks is a corner flag short of a football pitch.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

I am worried over Palinha having a very noticeable World Cup and big clubs coming in January.  :016:

092.gif

alfie

Quote from: bog on November 16, 2022, 09:08:39 AM
I am worried over Palinha having a very noticeable World Cup and big clubs coming in January.  :016:

092.gif
What is his contract duration?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

bog

Quote from: alfie on November 16, 2022, 09:11:45 AM

092.gif

Not sure. At least three I would think. He is not supposed to be at a club like ours. I cannot understand how he was not signed by a top six club.  Mind you, am I bovvered? Wonderful player, l will savor every game he is with us.  Well done Marco. 

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: bog on November 16, 2022, 09:56:02 AM

092.gif

Not sure. At least three I would think. He is not supposed to be at a club like ours. I cannot understand how he was not signed by a top six club.  Mind you, am I bovvered? Wonderful player, l will savor every game he is with us.  Well done Marco.
5 year contract with an option for a 6th year, we are in a very strong position

General

Yeah, don't think we'd sell and don't need to unless we get a very good offer in. Even then it would be suicide to sell even for a good offer if we didn't bring in someone else first - he's that key to how we play. No coincidence that when he was suspended for 5 yellows it coincided with our biggest and most surprising loss vs Newcastle 4-1 - our backup was a chalobah who got red carded 8 minutes in.

Vs West ham they scored 2 dodgy goals and we had mitro out, Dan James on wing with Neesksens and tosin and bdr on right side of defence. Full strength we do have better options across 5 of those positions.

Bassey the warrior

He was unbelievable, he really was. The precision and technique in the tackles was most impressive, but also his grace on the ball and passing ability. He really is the complete player and I hope we can keep him for a few seasons at least.

cookieg

3rdgenfan

Best centre mid we've had in years. I could have stood up an applauded his performance throughout the match

Bit worrying we are looking at Frankc Kessie. Makes me think there's a low release clause in João contract

Sting of the North

Quote from: 3rdgenfan on November 16, 2022, 01:30:29 PM
Best centre mid we've had in years. I could have stood up an applauded his performance throughout the match

Bit worrying we are looking at Frankc Kessie. Makes me think there's a low release clause in João contract

There hasn't been so much as a rumour about a release clause, and why would he have one? Also, Kessie is much more likely competition/replacement for Reed. Him and Palhinha would be huge, I believe.

bog

Quote from: Hugh Gentry on November 16, 2022, 10:11:31 AM
Quote from: bog on November 16, 2022, 09:56:02 AM

092.gif

5 year contract with an option for a 6th year, we are in a very strong position

Yes we are. I jusy hope there is no negotiating for a long time...in fact never!

HillingdonFFC

Remember seeing us getting done 4-0 at Stamford Bridge in 84. Joey Jones took Paul Parker out with a thigh high tackle & the ground erupted, you would've thought Chelsea had scored. It was in front of the East stand & as the youngsters say today, it was proper limbs in the East stand lower

perry geyton

Hopefully we can get a season or two out of him he's 27
We are a team in ascendancy so who knows if we keep improving he might just wanna stick around

Colton F.C.

João is certainly not an adherent of the Bobby Keetch school of crunching tackles (although that was much admired).  Tackling as an art form is no longer just a province of the gods of entitlement but is now on display at Craven Cottage with 'only Fulham'!

Clearly it is time for João to settle down.  Where better than to spend the next six years in the pleasant environs of West London with its great housing, excellent schools, the legendary coffee bars of Barnes, the large Portuguese diaspora and playing in the best stadium in the world.  Ask Mitro.