watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A polite plea to the moderators

Started by simplyfulham, November 22, 2022, 10:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simplyfulham

There has been a very different approach to merging threads this year. Threads are being merged with even the most tenuous of connections.

It's made it much more difficult to keep track of discussions and replies within threads and I've found it to be a touch frustrating.

There is currently a merged thread in the World Cup that contains no less than 5 other threads. They range from a general preview of the World Cup, thoughts about the opening game, Gianno Infantino's pre tournament speech and the FA's reaction to dropping the one love armband.

The discussions on these are very different topics.

There was a point in the summer where we had a thread covering the pre match and post match reactions of every single friendly we played. In ONE thread.

My plea is a return to the previous thresholds for merged topics, where only topics that were duplicated or very very very similar were merged.

And if you've got this far, thank you!

FulhamKC

Quote from: simplyfulham on November 22, 2022, 10:09:17 PM
There has been a very different approach to merging threads this year. Threads are being merged with even the most tenuous of connections.

It's made it much more difficult to keep track of discussions and replies within threads and I've found it to be a touch frustrating.

There is currently a merged thread in the World Cup that contains no less than 5 other threads. They range from a general preview of the World Cup, thoughts about the opening game, Gianno Infantino's pre tournament speech and the FA's reaction to dropping the one love armband.

There was a point in the summer where we had a thread covering the pre match and post match reactions of every single friendly we played. In ONE thread.

My plea is a return to the previous thresholds for merged topics, where only topics that were duplicated or very very very similar were merged.

:plus one:

battersea boy

We never had Merge in our house...always butter for us. :Get Coat gif:

ianthailand

Quote from: battersea boy on November 23, 2022, 12:37:14 AM
Should be Buttersea Boy.

HV71

Quote from: ianthailand on November 23, 2022, 01:46:00 AM
Should be Buttersea Boy.

Buttersea  Boy  sounds very apt - why did you reject the Country Life ? Did your mother tell you that you were delivered by Stork ?

Mince n Tatties

Some of the merging has been quite funny,as you read a question someone has posted after the answer has been up.😆

H4usuallysitting

jarv

Fair comment. When I see (large) merged threads, I tend to give them a swerve.

Whitestone

I'm in agreement with the OP. For ease of use could we return to the previous thresholds for merging threads.

filham

Quote from: HV71 on November 23, 2022, 06:27:27 AM
Should be Buttersea Boy.
This post has an ulterior motive, it is a resident from Battersea trying to show they are posh and to reinforce the estate agents name of Lower Chelsea for Battersea. Battersea

Buttersea  Boy  sounds very apt - why did you reject the Country Life ? Did your mother tell you that you were delivered by Stork ?

filham

Quote from: filham on November 23, 2022, 11:07:36 AM
Quote from: HV71 on November 23, 2022, 06:27:27 AM
Should be Buttersea Boy.
This post has an ulterior motive, it is a resident from Battersea trying to show they are posh and to reinforce the estate agents name of Lower Chelsea for Battersea. Battersea

Cambridge Away

I am relatively new, but when i see a merged thread i always imagine the moderator shouting "BORING!"

Sammyffc

agreed, not sure when this change came about but some merged threads make no sense and just completely put me off the topic or topics which have been merged together

bog

WindyCity

Quote from: simplyfulham on November 22, 2022, 10:09:17 PM

Totally Agreed!!!!         :clap_hands: