"One More Years!... One More Years!..."

Started by Cambridge Away, November 25, 2022, 09:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cambridge Away

Come on Tony, pull your finger out!

"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAM!!!!"

Mince n Tatties

Thailand Mick

He's definitely earnt it and I would also extend Willian.

filham

Remember there were a lot on this board who thought Ream should never have started this season in the premier league, looks as if TK got that one right.

Asotosyios

Quote from: filham on November 26, 2022, 10:37:41 AM
Remember there were a lot on this board who thought Ream should never have started this season in the premier league, looks as if TK got that one right.

I've missed all these "not premier league quality" comments.

Whitestone

I don't see how you can credit TK with resurgence of Ream. Surely its down to the player himself and Marco Silva and his team. That goes for all the other players that have improved enormously under Silva's tutelage.

Lets be completely honest too. Until this season Ream hadn't ever shown Premier League credentials so you can hardly be surprised that people were concerned that he wouldn't cut it this season.

Cambridge Away

Quote from: Whitestone on November 26, 2022, 02:30:08 PM

I don't see how you can credit TK with resurgence of Ream. Surely its down to the player himself and Marco Silva and his team. That goes for all the other players that have improved enormously under Silva's tutelage.

Lets be completely honest too. Until this season Ream hadn't ever shown Premier League credentials so you can hardly be surprised that people were concerned that he wouldn't cut it this season.

"Until this season Ream hadn't ever shown Premier League credentials "
"I don't see how you can credit TK"
Before the new season, when pretty much EVERYONE was saying we shouldn't give Ream a second on the pitch in the Premier League, Didn't TK offer him a new contract?

perry geyton

About 98% of em couldn't he see how good he was/is

Whitestone

Quote from: perry geyton on November 26, 2022, 02:58:53 PM

That's because the evidence wasn't there to support that view. Fair play to you for repeatedly 'bigging' him up. He's been a revelation. Long may it continue.

cwindsor

I think this is a fair comment.
I will fully admit to being one of those that didn't think Ream was PL material and I'm very happy to have been proven wrong. He's also showing his class in the WC.
While you can credit TK with re-signing him, I think his improved performance is down to Marco, who has done an incredible job with a number of our players.

Whitestone

Quote from: Cambridge Away on November 26, 2022, 02:56:25 PM

Before the new season, when pretty much EVERYONE was saying we shouldn't give Ream a second on the pitch in the Premier League, Didn't TK offer him a new contract?

We were desperate for CB's after releasing Mawson and Hector. Kongolo was still struggling with injuries. I think most thought Ream would be a back up this season, possibly even fourth choice CB. It's not rocket science to extend Ream's contract in the circumstances. If you recall TK failed to recruit his chosen CB's, hence the panic buy off Duffy. I think it more like good luck on TK's part rather than good judgement. Very few fans could have foreseen Tim's form in the Premier League this season.

Cambridge Away

Quote from: Whitestone on November 26, 2022, 03:36:45 PM

We were desperate for CB's after releasing Mawson and Hector. Kongolo was still struggling with injuries. I think most thought Ream would be a back up this season, possibly even fourth choice CB. It's not rocket science to extend Ream's contract in the circumstances. If you recall TK failed to recruit his chosen CB's, hence the panic buy off Duffy. I think it more like good luck on TK's part rather than good judgement. Very few fans could have foreseen Tim's form in the Premier League this season.
Yes, but TK wasn't throwing himself off a bridge because Marco Silva wanted to play/keep Tim Ream. That is the difference between someone who knows what they are talking about, and the average fan on a message board. Let's not let our prejudices show and give the kid some credit ay? Well done TK

Whitestone

Quote from: Cambridge Away on November 26, 2022, 04:00:22 PM

Yes, but TK wasn't throwing himself off a bridge because Marco Silva wanted to play/keep Tim Ream. That is the difference between someone who knows what they are talking about, and the average fan on a message board. Let's not let our prejudices show and give the kid some credit ay? Well done TK
I'm happy to agree to disagree but please don't throw 'prejudices' into the discussion just because my viewpoint isn't the same as yours. That's a cheap shot IMO.

Cambridge Away

Quote from: Whitestone on November 26, 2022, 04:17:26 PM
Quote from: Cambridge Away on November 26, 2022, 04:00:22 PM

I'm happy to agree to disagree but please don't throw 'prejudices' into the discussion just because my viewpoint isn't the same as yours. That's a cheap shot IMO.
Why is it a cheap shot? It's what i think. The treatment of TK online is disgraceful IMO. Totally myopic view of the fella, despite him being a bit different

filham

Fully agree that Ream's performances are down to him and Silva but we seem to blame TK for a lot of team matters so I thought we should give him a little credit for pensioning off Reasm.
Ream has always played well for Fulham and some of us saw that he was worth a start in the premier league.

WindyCity

I don't see how you can credit TK with resurgence of Ream. Surely its down to the player himself and Marco Silva and his team. That goes for all the other players that have improved enormously under Silva's tutelage.  Lets be completely honest too. Until this season Ream hadn't ever shown Premier League credentials so you can hardly be surprised that people were concerned that he wouldn't cut it this season.

Was gonna say the same thing......it wasn't so much that TK got it right.  Much more that MS got it right!  And the player himself along with team mates.  Well done Tim!  Well done MS!

Mince n Tatties

And the same was said of Jedi...Fulham Fans😅

Whitestone

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 26, 2022, 05:11:21 PM

The difference between Ream and Robinson is quite straightforward. Robinson proved he could perform in the Premier League last time, so there was little concern that he would step up again.

cwindsor

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 26, 2022, 05:11:21 PM

Robinson's quality was there for all to see. He just needed some development.
Now that he's getting noticed at the WC, we will need to pay attention to keep him.

RaySmith

Ream had a great season last season, albeit in the Championship, so I did think he could maybe step up to the Prem with such great form, or at least do a job for us, and am very pleased to see him more than fulfill these expectations.

I do think Marco has played a role in his development - I think he really enjoys his role - with an attacking input, and playing in such a good team, with good players around him, and also enjoys the responsibility of captain - a leader on the field.

He looks incredibly fit too, and even has some pace now!