more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Looks like we're in for another borefest

Started by Fulham 442, November 29, 2022, 07:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rightwhite

Quote from: fulhamfan on November 30, 2022, 08:39:42 AM
very mature and professional performance from England last night. Didnt panic and knew the chances would come. Easy win in the end . Bet the miserable lot on here were fuming
Couldn't have put it better myself.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamfan on November 30, 2022, 08:39:42 AM
very mature and professional performance from England last night. Didnt panic and knew the chances would come. Easy win in the end . Bet the miserable lot on here were fuming

0001.jpeg 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HamsterWheel

Lots of quite decent players, little sign that any of them had met each other before. France will thump them.

Twig

Quote from: HamsterWheel on November 30, 2022, 09:45:37 AM
Lots of quite decent players, little sign that any of them had met each other before. France will thump them.

They knocked the ball around starving Wales of possession and territory. They found one another with their passes (unlike the Welsh) and rarely gave possession away cheaply. Their link up play for the second and third goals was excellent, in what way was there "little sign they had met one another"? Please enlighten us.

Twig

Quote from: perry geyton on November 29, 2022, 11:15:29 PM
"ZZZZZZZZZZ"

Yanks a far more interesting watch

Sorry to burst your bubble Perry but I fear the US lack a cutting edge. They play some pretty football, rather like Canada (who have a bigger prospect in Davies), but I think goals are going to be a big problem.

alfie

Quote from: Twig on November 30, 2022, 09:56:16 AM

They knocked the ball around starving Wales of possession and territory. They found one another with their passes (unlike the Welsh) and rarely gave possession away cheaply. Their link up play for the second and third goals was excellent, in what way was there "little sign they had net one another"? Please enlighten us.
He can't enlighten you Mr Twig, because it's just another person who loves to trash our National team that has just given a controlled and professional performance.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alfie on November 30, 2022, 10:04:23 AM

They knocked the ball around starving Wales of possession and territory. They found one another with their passes (unlike the Welsh) and rarely gave possession away cheaply. Their link up play for the second and third goals was excellent, in what way was there "little sign they had net one another"? Please enlighten us.
He can't enlighten you Mr Twig, because it's just another person who loves to trash our National team that has just given a controlled and professional performance.

You have to give credit when it is due, and if the miserable lot cannot do that then there is no hope for them, you just have to pull the curtains around them and call a nurse or even a vet.

They either support another country so are bitter and jealous and just want to poke the Lion, or they are just beyond help and being rational, they will never give praise no matter what the performance or the score is.

Never forget your Roots.

HamsterWheel

As a Wales fan I fully expected England to dismantle us. But despite Wales playing 10 men (Bale should not have started despite his undoubted talent to take standing free kicks better than any England player), England really struggled to impose themselves and only had 18 shots to Wales 7.
However much England fans try their best to pretend this team are good, I doubt many really believer they're world-beaters.

bencher

Quote from: HamsterWheel on November 30, 2022, 11:29:14 AM
As a Wales fan I fully expected England to dismantle us. But despite Wales playing 10 men (Bale should not have started despite his undoubted talent to take standing free kicks better than any England player), England really struggled to impose themselves and only had 18 shots to Wales 7.
However much England fans try their best to pretend this team are good, I doubt many really believer they're world-beaters.

England played about as well as could be expected. You being a Wales fan you seem to do your team a strange disservice; Wales were always going to be a stubborn and organised opponent so a rout was hardly likely. From what I've seen of the teams in the tournament, very few have had much fluency in their play, which is why club football is usually of a superior standard. Brazil have been solid but uninspiring, France are effective but not dazzling and have the most amount of talent across their squad. Spain have looked good in parts. Argentina, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany and Portugal have all failed to capture the imagination.

jarv

I am bored with it already.  A lot of very ordinary players out there, too many teams playing not to lose rather than go for a win.

As underdogs go, Australia. World class players from Kilmarnock, Celtic, Dundee and a couple from the English 3rd division.  I would be supporting them but they are on the way home soon.

That leaves the Fulham boys from America and Wales to watch.

I have been impressed with the 2 American lads.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: HamsterWheel on November 30, 2022, 11:29:14 AM

11 road cones on the pitch would have done better than Wales did last night, sitting back in their own half frightened out of their lives to approach the half way line, they surrendered meekly when they saw England, wales were like rabbits in headlights.

Never forget your Roots.

Whitestone

Quote from: jarv on November 30, 2022, 12:13:03 PM
I am bored with it already.  A lot of very ordinary players out there, too many teams playing not to lose rather than go for a win.

As underdogs go, Australia. World class players from Kilmarnock, Celtic, Dundee and a couple from the English 3rd division.  I would be supporting them but they are on the way home soon.

Eh ? Wales have gone home !!

fulhamfan

Nurse!

Twig

Think you've lost the plot.  And if there are a lot of very ordinary players out there then several of our players must be amongst them unless you think they shine just because they are FFC players?

Southcoastffc

Putting last night into some kind of context, Transfermarkt values Foden and Bellingham alone at around 220m Euros, whereas the entire Wales squad is valued at around 160m Euros. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

bencher

Quote from: Southcoastffc on November 30, 2022, 01:28:42 PM
Putting last night into some kind of context, Transfermarkt values Foden and Bellingham alone at around 220m Euros, whereas the entire Wales squad is valued at around 160m Euros.

Transfer value is a poor marker of quality because it reflects to a significant degree the amount of time left on the contract and the age/potential of the player. A fit and firing Bale would still have a low-ish Transfermarkt value, but would be one hell of a dangerous player to face in the World Cup.

Fulham1959

Quote from: Lester Burnham on November 30, 2022, 08:02:08 AM
What pi$$es me off are the 'so-called' fans of our National team who seem to take more pleasure from a bad performance than a good. They're happier when we fail. The first half v Wales wasn't dire, we controlled the game. I've watched almost every game of this WC: Brasil, Germany, Netherlands, Portugal, Argentina, Belgium, these 'top teams' have played mediocre football, our game hasn't been any less. I think it was Daley Thompson who said ' it's not always about the result, it's about the commitment to the effort'. I've yet to see one England player not committed during this WC. We're not the most talented and the odds of winning a WC are about 1 in 8. Blame the media for any hype, not the players. I think we're doing alright.

It's been this way for as long as I can remember and it makes me so angry.  Gareth Southgate is as good a manager as the English national football team has ever had and is far more intelligent and level-headed than most.  Football is not an exact science.  I have followed England since the summer of 1959 when they lost 3-2 at home to Sweden prior to a South American tour and journalist Steve Race (Daily Herald) tore into them and Johnny Haynes.  I will continue to give them my support regardless.

Dodger53

Man of the half awards needed... Rashford and Foden passing dreadful first half.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: bencher on November 30, 2022, 01:48:47 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on November 30, 2022, 01:28:42 PM

Transfer value is a poor marker of quality because it reflects to a significant degree the amount of time left on the contract and the age/potential of the player. A fit and firing Bale would still have a low-ish Transfermarkt value, but would be one hell of a dangerous player to face in the World Cup.
Indicative, not exact, obviously.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Lester Burnham

Quote from: alfie on November 30, 2022, 10:04:23 AM

0001.jpeg