https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Looks like we're in for another borefest

Started by Fulham 442, November 29, 2022, 07:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham 442

Quote from: Fulham1959 on November 30, 2022, 01:56:29 PM
Quote from: Lester Burnham on November 30, 2022, 08:02:08 AM
What pi$$es me off are the 'so-called' fans of our National team who seem to take more pleasure from a bad performance than a good. They're happier when we fail. The first half v Wales wasn't dire, we controlled the game. I've watched almost every game of this WC: Brasil, Germany, Netherlands, Portugal, Argentina, Belgium, these 'top teams' have played mediocre football, our game hasn't been any less. I think it was Daley Thompson who said ' it's not always about the result, it's about the commitment to the effort'. I've yet to see one England player not committed during this WC. We're not the most talented and the odds of winning a WC are about 1 in 8. Blame the media for any hype, not the players. I think we're doing alright.

It's been this way for as long as I can remember and it makes me so angry.  Gareth Southgate is as good a manager as the English national football team has ever had and is far more intelligent and level-headed than most.  Football is not an exact science.  I have followed England since the summer of 1959 when they lost 3-2 at home to Sweden prior to a South American tour and journalist Steve Race (Daily Herald) tore into them and Johnny Haynes.  I will continue to give them my support regardless.
Sorry but I simply don't agree, especially  with your sentence about Gareth Southgate.  He may well be far more intelligent and level headed and a thoroughly nice chap to boot but I do not think he is as good a manager as the England team has ever had.  I just don't think he is positive enough or makes the most of the players at his disposal.

Twig

Well apparently the France team are going to destroy us if we get that far.  What an incredible team Tunisia must be to beat a side that are so far ahead of the England team. Thank goodness we don't play Tunisia or we'd obviously lose by a hatful.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Twig on November 30, 2022, 07:14:57 PM
Well apparently the France team are going to destroy us if we get that far.  What an incredible team Tunisia must be to beat a side that are so far ahead of the England team. Thank goodness we don't play Tunisia or we'd obviously lose by a hatful.
France rested almost their entire first team as they had  already qualified...

Rightwhite

Quote from: jarv on November 30, 2022, 12:13:03 PM
I am bored with it already.  A lot of very ordinary players out there, too many teams playing not to lose rather than go for a win.

As underdogs go, Australia. World class players from Kilmarnock, Celtic, Dundee and a couple from the English 3rd division.  I would be supporting them but they are on the way home soon.

That leaves the Fulham boys from America and Wales to watch.

I have been impressed with the 2 American lads.
Erm ok then

Rightwhite

What pi$$es me off are the 'so-called' fans of our National team who seem to take more pleasure from a bad performance than a good. They're happier when we fail. The first half v Wales wasn't dire, we controlled the game. I've watched almost every game of this WC: Brasil, Germany, Netherlands, Portugal, Argentina, Belgium, these 'top teams' have played mediocre football, our game hasn't been any less. I think it was Daley Thompson who said ' it's not always about the result, it's about the commitment to the effort'. I've yet to see one England player not committed during this WC. We're not the most talented and the odds of winning a WC are about 1 in 8. Blame the media for any hype, not the players. I think we're doing alright.
Totally agree with this. And it seems to really pain some people to praise our national team when praise is due. Sad really. I for one will always get behind our boys no matter what because they are playing for the country that I was thankfully born in. There is no greater honour in football

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Rightwhite on November 30, 2022, 08:23:17 PM
Totally agree with this. And it seems to really pain some people to praise our national team when praise is due. Sad really. I for one will always get behind our boys no matter what because they are playing for the country that I was thankfully born in. There is no greater honour in football

Absolutely 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.