more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

RIP Christine McVie

Started by WhiteJC, December 01, 2022, 11:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

bobbo

Very sad , immediate thoughts were she's too young ,alas she's not I guess , an amazing talent . Sleep peacefully miss .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

bog

RIP Christine. Thanks for the wonderful music. 

Twig

Brilliant blues singer and pianist, she was as important to Chicken Shack as Stan Webb and she was equally influential in Fleetwood Mac.

SG

I don't normally contribute to the RIP threads but for Christine I will make an exception. Love the music from the early days of both Chicken Shack and F Mac and then the reincarnated F Mac with her in the line up. 

St Eve

Huge loss. The backbone of Fleetwood Mac

WindyCity

Age 79.  Cause not yet released.  Huge loss, great talent and in one of the iconic bands.  Sorry to hear this.... 

RaySmith

Remember her from the days of Chickenshack - I'd Rather go blind - great record, with her distinctively pure, very English voice, that could really move you.

Then, of course, she became an integral part of Fleetwood Mac's enormous success, with her songwriting a major contribution - her songs were the best, as well as being an integral part of the band's live performances, though always remaining in the background, hiding behind her  keyboard

She always seemed so modest, and self- deprecating, not at all the Californian rock star, though she had her share of the rock star life for many years, with the Mac's enormous success, before retiring home to the Kent countryside, but eventually being drawn back to the road again, to great fan applause, and making a great solo album with Lindsey Buckingham.

Such a shock that she's gone - she was always so young and healthy looking - though she was actually 79.

RIP Christine

Mince n Tatties

RIP Christine....Great talent.

JEEVES

RIP Christine McVie. Saw her live and the rest of Fleetwood mac live. My favourite band ❤

elgreenio

RIP Christine, still rather sad that she wasn't in the lineup when I saw them on tour a few years back. She was instrumental in some of my absolute favourite tunes
touch my camera through the fence

Cambridge Away

A little before my time, but Fleetwood-Mac 'Rumours' is genius. I only listened to it for the first time a couple of years ago, but i can not name a better album.
I guess this is all very basic chat for those who grew up with them (and when that album was such a hit).
RIP Christine  9739.gif

sacffc

RIP Christine.  A great great artist.

If you're not familiar with it, I highly recommend Fleetwood Mac's album Mystery to Me.  It has the band's lineup prior to Rumours, and has 4 great Christine songs on it.
My music blog:  If you just Stand There and Play, is it worth listening to?

kiwian

Will miss that beautiful sad, haunting voice, I remember when Chicken Shack first appeared and thinking what a unique voice.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

Jem

I remember her as Christine Perfect. A name so apt in every way.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Cornishnick

Can only echo what others are saying, a sad, sad day for music. The engine room of FM's catalogue. A wonderful voice and will be greatly missed. I shall have some VERY LOUD Mac music on today as my own little tribute.

millsy

Yes, Christine Perfect, I'd rather go blind. Articulate, intelligent and talented. One of the greats of our era.