The Almost Nearly January Silly Season Transfer Thread 2023

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 04, 2022, 08:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penfold

Friendsoffulham

Friendsoffulham

Blawarmy

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on December 19, 2022, 09:23:40 PM
Fulham turned down approach for striker – May need him as 'everything indicates' star will be sold

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-turned-approach-striker-may-need-everything-indicates-star-will-sold/
Sell Mitro? What glue's this bloke been sniffing?

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

the nutflush

He put 2 +2 together and came up with 443,623,800. 

Quote from: Blawarmy on December 19, 2022, 10:17:52 PM
Fulham turned down approach for striker – May need him as 'everything indicates' star will be sold

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-turned-approach-striker-may-need-everything-indicates-star-will-sold/

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: Blawarmy on December 19, 2022, 10:17:52 PM

Kostas Mitroglou.

filham

Not long now before the window opens and I would think our most critical need is a right back to cver forthe injury prone Tete.
Five are mentioned above, any chance of a Jan 1st signing I wonder.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: filham on December 20, 2022, 10:03:03 AM
Not long now before the window opens and I would think our most critical need is a right back to cver forthe injury prone Tete.
Five are mentioned above, any chance of a Jan 1st signing I wonder.

Unless we get injuries, i would not expect an sigings before the last week in Jan. Maia might be the exception to this as that might be well progressed.

shepperton white

Just took a quick look at the Arsenal website - they're not overly complementary about this Soares guy.  He's on a lot money there. We may be better giving Mbapu a bit time and effort.  Not impressed with Arsenal man myself

Deeping_white

Quote from: shepperton white on December 20, 2022, 02:18:48 PM
Just took a quick look at the Arsenal website - they're not overly complementary about this Soares guy.  He's on a lot money there. We may be better giving Mbapu a bit time and effort.  Not impressed with Arsenal man myself

Remember what all the Utd fans said about Pereira over the summer or West Ham about Diop? Best not to judge anyone until they're playing for us because there's always more to it. He's also played in the PL for several years and we've done well with utililising experienced PL players this year and it's addressed something we've missed over the last two PL attempts in that we've got in people who have played for teams used to winning so bring a better mindset and have been there and done it which is priceless. He's also Portugese which I'm sure helps integrate him with the team quicker and Silva will be aware of his style on top of that

Somerset Fulham

Played for Portugal at every level internationally including 34 full caps for Portugal, but Colin from Finsbury Park will know better...

Friendsoffulham

Craven Mad

Cedric soares and Coufal are both good options. Both on the wrong side of 30 (just), but proven PL players and are strong defensively.

Cedric has the benefit of being more versatile than Coufal, as he can play LB and CB as well as RB, but both would likely be upgrades on Mbabu right now. Coufal might be the better offensively, but he's been a bit off the boil since West Ham changed their tactics a bit.

FWIW, I hope we hold onto Mbabu too, with an eye to him developing and being more ready for the PL next season. He has speed and age on his side, so could be the answer in the longer term...

Deeping_white

Cedric was at Sporting the year they won the Taça de Portugal under Silva as well and was his starting RB for that season so that says it all

MickyAdamsFamily

Excellent additional info, DW, I'd not seen that mentioned before. I think it's that type of backstory  that seems to make a rumour more likely to have a basis in fact.

elgreenio

would be happy with Cedric. Solid defender that can play both sides (kind of); previous links with the manager; and a highly intelligent footballer from what I gathered from the Arsenal All or Nothing doc
touch my camera through the fence

Twig

If Silva knows Soares well and wants him then that's good enough for me.

Friendsoffulham

Tabby

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on December 20, 2022, 05:46:52 PM

Terrible hair, but would be nice to take one of theirs for a change.

cmg

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on December 20, 2022, 05:46:52 PM

Brilliant! A potential acquisition from the Lowland League. That should shake up our PL rivals.
Starred in Celtic B's recent stirring 4-3 victory over Gala Fairyhouse Rovers. (Not made up. Honest)
Otoo actually caught the eye (and the leg of Olly Sanderson) when he was sent off in our 4-2 Premier League International Cup win in October.