watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Almost Nearly January Silly Season Transfer Thread 2023

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 04, 2022, 08:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b+w geezer

Thanks for that research, SerbianLad. It really is informative..
Also helps us understand why Torino have turned down 8m euros.
Hopefully we can stretch to an acceptable fee, since he seems as good as we could reasonably hope for at this time, both in terms of quality and versatility.

keithh

I cannot stop getting a tad frustrated about (not) getting folk in. Sorry.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: wback on January 26, 2023, 01:18:37 PM
Quote from: jayffc on January 26, 2023, 01:04:43 PM
I think we're pretty harsh on Harrison sometimes, he's not one that makes massive mistakes, and if he gets caught out his tracking back is brilliant...  his moves out to the right and freedom to roam a bit is clearly tactical from Silva - the way he drifts wide etc. is part of our build up play - His energy in midfield is huge at times. Perhaps if he could score/assist a few more that'd be nice and I'd be interested to see what another quality CM alongside Palhinha can do but whilst he might not be Palhinha level noticeable in contributions he does alot of great work in the middle of the park imo.

Agree - he's being asked to play almost as a third right-sided player, make the odd run into the box and get back to shield. It's a lot, and quite complex I imagine, such that there are certain scenarios where he's not in the right place. Not sure what you could ask more of him (perhaps a bit more composure playing out when we're under pressure? Carrying the ball a bit more? A Beckham-esque whipped ball off his right foot onto Mitro's head?).

As can sometimes happen, I'm not sure any 'upgrade' we get will actually prove to be one.

I think you nailed it with his passing. Especially in the final third. The club needs a bit more offensive creativity out of his spot in the lineup without sacrificing the defensive stability.

Reed has been tremendous this season, but the club would be stronger with another option in the midfield. Picking a 3 out of Reed, Joao, AP and this guy along with TC as a super sub would give Marco some really nice options going fwd.

Tabby

We need more depth that Silva will trust. I think a reason that we are the leadership in late conceded goals has something to do with Cairney being virtually the only midfield sub that we use, and he isn't really the kind of player to bring some steel into midfield to close out a game.

There are 5 subs now, so teams with a deeper bench manage to push through with their fresher legs towards the end of games.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Tabby on January 26, 2023, 08:28:27 PM
We need more depth that Silva will trust. I think a reason that we are the leadership in late conceded goals has something to do with Cairney being virtually the only midfield sub that we use, and he isn't really the kind of player to bring some steel into midfield to close out a game.

There are 5 subs now, so teams with a deeper bench manage to push through with their fresher legs towards the end of games.
Very good point Tabby re late goals.

LC

Quote from: Jims Dentist on January 26, 2023, 08:59:29 PM

I actually think we invite pressure on ourselves by being to defensive in terms of setup going into the final third of the game. We would have been better off continuing to play on the front foot rather than get 11 men behind the ball to close out games.

Although I agree, we certainly need more depth in midfield

Chi_FFC

Tbf, we've also scored our fair share of late goals. I believe our GD is only -1 for goals scored between the 76-90th minutes.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: LC on January 26, 2023, 09:02:47 PM

I actually think we invite pressure on ourselves by being to defensive in terms of setup going into the final third of the game. We would have been better off continuing to play on the front foot rather than get 11 men behind the ball to close out games.

We can't sustain playing on the front foot for 90+ minutes without more strength in depth, what we need to do better is keep the ball.

LC

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 26, 2023, 09:46:49 PM
Quote from: LC on January 26, 2023, 09:02:47 PM

We can't sustain playing on the front foot for 90+ minutes without more strength in depth, what we need to do better is keep the ball.

As per my comment, we need more depth in midfield. Even without having depth though, we have invited pressure onto ourselves during the latter stages of the games   

spoonffc

Tete has the highest tackle percentage in Europe atm so you have to say is pretty irreplaceable at right back atm, whilst I know we need backup - seems like a bad delegation of 100k a week for soares being a back up right back

Hoppus

?s=46&t=FO2vt3ap-Imj5bvpSFjrlQ

Great news!

SerbianLad

Quote from: Hoppus on January 26, 2023, 10:41:02 PM
?s=46&t=FO2vt3ap-Imj5bvpSFjrlQ

Great news!
Multiple italian and serbian media reporting it now. Apparently 10 million euros + 2 million in bonuses, 4 year contract with a salary of 2 million per year + bonuses.

I really hope this is true, probably one of the players from our national team that are best suited for it.

Somerset Fulham

Really?

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 26, 2023, 11:07:42 PM

Really?

I hate this. I love Harry. Give him more game time.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Craven Mad

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on January 26, 2023, 11:54:46 PM

Really?

This account seems like a WUM - I don't believe this for a second.

jayffc

Absolute twitter no body
Why would his transfer be depending on lukic

Utter twaddle ignore

LC

Quote from: Craven Mad on January 26, 2023, 11:58:34 PM
Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on January 26, 2023, 11:54:46 PM

Really?

This account seems like a WUM - I don't believe this for a second.

Yeah no chance of this happening. Wilson will work his way back into the first team before the end of the season

Deeping_white

Really?

Believe the account that tweeted this is a WUM

Pluto

How are Bournemouth getting Zaniolo?! They seem to have had money appear from nowhere.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Pluto on January 27, 2023, 02:25:45 AM
How are Bournemouth getting Zaniolo?! They seem to have had money appear from nowhere.

New owner. They didn't spend very much over the summer either