watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cedric Soares ????

Started by howitis, December 21, 2022, 12:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

It's been so long since I saw this guy kick a football. Can anyone give any insight to him.
Is he any good ? What will he bring to the squad ?

Somerset Fulham

If only there was a thread for this type of thing...

filham

Well he will be here as cover for Tete and need to be better than Mabubu.
I guess his Arsenal/ Premier league experience should serve him well. Not expecting anything exciting though.

EN1 FFC

He played for  Marco Silva when he was Sporting CP Manager so Marco should know his capabilities and faults.

alfie

Quote from: filham on December 21, 2022, 05:59:01 PM
I guess his Arsenal/ Premier league experience should serve him well. Not expecting anything exciting though.
I'm not sure he will be here as cover, I reckon might be the other way round.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

filham

demeant0r

Quote from: alfie on December 21, 2022, 06:46:50 PM
Quote from: filham on December 21, 2022, 05:59:01 PM
I'm not sure he will be here as cover, I reckon might be the other way round.

Soares is 31, and not even sure he's better than Tete. If he comes in to replace Tete then I'm afraid Tete might want to leave.

OZ-WHITE

Quote from: sunburywhite on December 21, 2022, 06:51:14 PM
Can you get cream for it?
Pretty sure there are two creams .
One if you have a dry arsenal , the other if you have a wet spam
If it wasn't for the medication I,d be chewing on your skin

@jolslover

I rate Cedric, Good fullback - didn't make Portugese world cup squad but is a regular for the national team and does a job whenever called upon for Arsenal

Loads of Prem experience and technically sound, Silva has worked with him before and rates him
STH H3

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: @jolslover on December 22, 2022, 11:33:39 AM
I rate Cedric, Good fullback - didn't make Portugese world cup squad but is a regular for the national team and does a job whenever called upon for Arsenal

Loads of Prem experience and technically sound, Silva has worked with him before and rates him

Good enough for me if Silva rates him. I'm sure Tete will still be the starter but we need good cover due to his injury record. Thought that would be Mbabu but what we've seen from his limited opportunities haven't been great. Again, he hasn't really had much of a chance though.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

FFC1987

I've been critical of him in the past but mainly due to the fact I think hes 'unremarkable' but consistent. A milner type if you will. Technically capable, not going to really give you any 10/10 performances but is consistently a 6/10. That's not a slight, but as a full back, he's not the quickest, but still very much capable. At a reasonable fee/wage, he's a solid signing.

hovewhite

At Southampton he was good unlucky at arsenal ,but would be great back up for Tete who is a bit of liability fitness wise.

FFC1987

Quote from: hovewhite on December 22, 2022, 06:43:59 PM
At Southampton he was good unlucky at arsenal ,but would be great back up for Tete who is a bit of liability fitness wise.

He certainly had his moments. Weirdly, when Arsenal got him, he wasn't getting into the saints team so it was a bit of a baffling transfer.

alfie

Seems a bit of a pointless move for him to leave Arsenals bench to sit on our bench, although with Tete's injury record he may get a lot of game time.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Jims Dentist

Think I have seen him at LB on occasions so could possibly cover there also.
Apparently on £75k a week now?
That is too steep for us.