more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The £100 ticket

Started by Robbie, December 21, 2022, 05:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Popped into the ticket office earlier. 

Have not been down to the Cottage for awhile.

The £100 ticket !!!

I didn't buy.

Takemehome27

Quote from: Robbie on December 21, 2022, 05:06:46 PM
Popped into the ticket office earlier. 

Have not been down to the Cottage for awhile.

The £100 ticket !!!

I didn't buy.

I also wouldn't pay £100 for a league match ticket but the sad truth is that there are plenty that will, that's why they can price the riverside so high

General

Have had this conversation before and has also been brought up with the club, the fulham supporters Trust did a survey which suggested the prices for tickets in the new stand and across the club in general were so bad now that fans are now actively not going to the matches as a result. It's a huge mistake in my opinion by the club and very against the general financial environment but also value for money for most and also simply the values of the club.

I went to Europe twice this year and return flights for both cost less than they're trying to charge fans for one afternoon supporting the club, which for instance I've supported for 20+ years.

Part of me thought it was to recoup costs for the new Riverside stand but we ran the maths and there seemed little basis as to why they'd go that steep (based on just incremental jump of only new seats, let alone pumping the prices across the entire stadium).

Almost worthy of a fan protest in truth, I think fulham's match day tickets are now some of the most expensive in the league (which given we've only just got back to the prem is excessive after having gone up and down a lot).

Part of me is concerned that the club is trying to build a business case for the US invasion that's happening with club ownership and the idea of games abroad to expand reach for the global market. It wouldn't be a huge leap. All in all concerning and it can't be stressed in any uncertain or soft terms.

I say that also knowing that the club have done surveys historically asking for their supporters income brackets and fulhams apparent reputation of having the most well heeled fans. Equally concerning if they've taken that data and manipulated it to exploit fans more.

General

You can find the survey results from the supporter Trust here.

https://www.fulhamsupporterstrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Survey-Headlines-Dec-2022-Club-Meeting.pdf

Part of what's written about match ticket prices are as follows.

Match tickets

Pricing an issue for many

• Pricing remains a big issue

• Under one in ten satisfied / very satisfied with match ticket prices

• Significant impact on ability of supporters to attend home games

• Non STHs have attended one third fewer games as a proportion than 2021/22

• Two thirds cite ticket prices as reason

• A lot of supporters are no longer attending at all

• One in three who bought tickets in 2021/22 has attended no games this season

• Further one in four has attended only one game this season

• On average these fans attended seven games in 2021/22

• Long term supporters are the most impacted

• Biggest impact is on supporters who have attended more than 20 years

• Half of all other longevity groups say they have been impacted

jarv

Supporter since 1960.

However, back in the day I played football so saturday at 3pm was usually out of the question. I went as often as I could (midweek, holiday games etc).  Living in America for over 30 years been back to Fulham almost every year to catch a game or two.

Now living back in UK, 100 quid a ticket, NOT A CHANCE.  I almost don't  care now if we get relegated and prices become reasonable again.

Sammyffc

How many people were surveyed and how did you survey them?

I see nothing about that on the presentation, plus largest group 26-35? i can hardly find that group anywhere in CC apart from the hammy end so thats curious ( EDIT - ah yes i see now their spiritual home section )

Whitestone

What's all the fuss about ? It's not £100 for all tickets. There are plenty of other tickets at significantly lower prices and there are season tickets which make attendance even more affordable.

Mickeyboro

Quote from: Whitestone on December 22, 2022, 08:11:56 AM
What's all the fuss about ? It's not £100 for all tickets. There are plenty of other tickets at significantly lower prices and there are season tickets which make attendance even more affordable.
You have to bring people in. No-one will buy a season ticket off the bat without knowing his/her kids like the match experience.

Besides when it's clear we are staying up the Khans will bleed us s/t holders for all they can get. We won't be so happy then...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hovewhite

Quote from: General on December 21, 2022, 10:00:06 PM
Have had this conversation before and has also been brought up with the club, the fulham supporters Trust did a survey which suggested the prices for tickets in the new stand and across the club in general were so bad now that fans are now actively not going to the matches as a result. It's a huge mistake in my opinion by the club and very against the general financial environment but also value for money for most and also simply the values of the club.

I went to Europe twice this year and return flights for both cost less than they're trying to charge fans for one afternoon supporting the club, which for instance I've supported for 20+ years.

Part of me thought it was to recoup costs for the new Riverside stand but we ran the maths and there seemed little basis as to why they'd go that steep (based on just incremental jump of only new seats, let alone pumping the prices across the entire stadium).

Almost worthy of a fan protest in truth, I think fulham's match day tickets are now some of the most expensive in the league (which given we've only just got back to the prem is excessive after having gone up and down a lot).

Part of me is concerned that the club is trying to build a business case for the US invasion that's happening with club ownership and the idea of games abroad to expand reach for the global market. It wouldn't be a huge leap. All in all concerning and it can't be stressed in any uncertain or soft terms.

I say that also knowing that the club have done surveys historically asking for their supporters income brackets and fulhams apparent reputation of having the most well heeled fans. Equally concerning if they've taken that data and manipulated it to exploit fans more.
well it's the one thing that I dislike about SK.
But remember when this was announced by SK he did say that Fulham fans would pay for it and so it's proving loved sitting in the Riverside as  a s/t holder before the rebuild but he did warn us.

filham

I can remember when I could have watched Haynes for a season at the Cottage for less than £100.

hovewhite

Rumours about redevelopment of the Hammersmith end,I will say now leave well alone.

Mickeyboro

:Happy New Year:h
Quote from: hovewhite on December 22, 2022, 10:53:45 AM
Rumours about redevelopment of the Hammersmith end,I will say now leave well alone.

But its not fit for purpose as it is! I get near panic attacks if I go down there at half time...

Sammyffc

Quote from: Whitestone on December 22, 2022, 08:11:56 AM

Exactly, seems to just be a post to moan.

Its like me saying

Popped into a shop earlier. $100 for a wine !! i didnt buy.

cookieg

[/quote]
You have to bring people in. No-one will buy a season ticket off the bat without knowing his/her kids like the match experience.

Besides when it's clear we are staying up the Khans will bleed us s/t holders for all they can get. We won't be so happy then...

[/quote]

And how exactly will the Khans bleed us s/t holders? We have paid for our season tickets already.

cookieg

I remember when the price of monkey nuts went up to 5p and thought "This will ruin football".

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: cookieg on December 22, 2022, 02:36:17 PM

[/quote]

And how exactly will the Khans bleed us s/t holders? We have paid for our season tickets already.
[/quote]

That's this season
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

cookieg

Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on December 22, 2022, 02:48:12 PM

[/quote]

That's this season
[/quote]

Well then people can choose if they renew or not. Nobody is holding a gun to anyone's head forcing them to buy a ticket for £100. As mentioned there are plenty of cheaper tickets elsewhere in the ground.

And for what it's worth, if my s/t is subsidised by the tourist or the supporter that only wants to watch a big 6 game or turn up once in a blue moon then long may it continue.

Sammyffc

Quote from: cookieg on December 22, 2022, 03:05:37 PM
Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on December 22, 2022, 02:48:12 PM

That's this season
[/quote]

Well then people can choose if they renew or not. Nobody is holding a gun to anyone's head forcing them to buy a ticket for £100. As mentioned there are plenty of cheaper tickets elsewhere in the ground.

And for what it's worth, if my s/t is subsidised by the tourist or the supporter that only wants to watch a big 6 game or turn up once in a blue moon then long may it continue.
[/quote]

You nailed it on the head. Some supporters do think they have a devine right to craven cottage and should be paying the same as they did when they first went.

Its not that i disagree with them in regards to prices, its just that as you said there are many cheaper seats they can go to. Yes the seats in the riverside are expensive however they mostly sell, which angers the supporters who complain about prices even more. Its a cycle

Mince n Tatties

£8 to watch my local side Newmarket,you get value
for it as there is always a fight on the pitch and a red card.😅

ron

Quote from: cookieg on December 22, 2022, 02:40:09 PM
I remember when the price of monkey nuts went up to 5p and thought "This will ruin football".

It clearly has!