News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Should we have a separate obituary section?

Started by blingo, December 28, 2022, 06:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

TBH I'm not empathetic to the majority of those posted having lost my wife 6 years ago. I come on here to read about FFC not who's croaked, whom I have never met or really give a monkies about.

SG

Quote from: blingo on December 28, 2022, 06:44:36 PM
TBH I'm not empathetic to the majority of those posted having lost my wife 6 years ago. I come on here to read about FFC not who's croaked, whom I have never met or really give a monkies about.

👍 agree 100%

Mince n Tatties

If it bothers you,just dont click on the post.😜
Nobody forces you to read them.

Somerset Fulham

I have no problem with these posts. If I have no feelings for the deceased then I don't read the thread.

SG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 28, 2022, 07:27:57 PM

I don't but they push more relevant posts down the page unnecessarily 👍

Somerset Fulham

It hardly hides important threads, there are rarely more than a couple of a hundred registered users even on the site at a time and most of those are reading, not actually posting.

Personally I think we could do with a few more diverse threads, its a healthy thing and the NFR tag tells users if its Fulham related or not and so they are easy to skip by if desired.

hovewhite

I haven't a view apart from don't think in the end I would read it as we get older(speaking for myself)I don't want to be checking whose passed away as makes you think of your own mortality and as part of the silver generation have no intention of packing up DJ ING the aim is to die spinning discs.lol
Who knows may do a Xmas gig for Fulham fans Brighton and Sussex Fulham fans.
Happy new year

mrmicawbers

If its anything like the Whitstable Bowls Club emails to members.No thanks

Thailand Mick

Quote from: SG on December 28, 2022, 07:33:00 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 28, 2022, 07:27:57 PM

I don't but they push more relevant posts down the page unnecessarily 👍
surely what makes a post relevant is that people want to engage by reading or replying to it,so the posts at the top of the page would be the most relevant at that time. I have posted something regarding Fulham before and it's been of no interest and quickly slid down the page and dissappeared whereas recently I posted about the cricket which got quite a lot of response and stayed on the first page for quite along time before it dissappeared when the cricket finished and that became irrelevant.

Peabody

Problem is Blingo, how are you going to post, if you are brown bread?

blingo

Quote from: Peabody on December 29, 2022, 10:11:17 AM
Problem is Blingo, how are you going to post, if you are brown bread?

The world works in mysterious ways Mr P lol