watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Penalties

Started by Pluto, December 31, 2022, 05:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pluto

No more Mitrovic on penalties please. He is just not good at them. Signals exactly where he's going to put the ball and the keeper gets it right every time.

Cairney should take them if he's on the pitch. If not then Pereira, William or BDR.

Dodgin

Mince n Tatties

As I stated on Matchday thread,a lot of top strikers through the years never took pens as they were terrible at them.
Mitro isn't the first...Just lucky it wasn't still 1-1 at the time.

Sgt Fulham

I agree, but no chance he will be taken off them.

ChesterTheTabby

I bet Willian never misses a peno. He's so calm and cool on the ball.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Pluto on December 31, 2022, 05:03:14 PM
No more Mitrovic on penalties please. He is just not good at them. Signals exactly where he's going to put the ball and the keeper gets it right every time.

Cairney should take them if he's on the pitch. If not then Pereira, William or BDR.

I think it has been discussed before, but for whatever reason, TC has never seemed to be available as the primary PK taker. If he was, he would already be the #1.

I think Willian has quite a history as a PK taker, so he seems a most obvious choice. The PK Pereira took earlier in the season was better than any I have ever witnessed Mitro take, so he would be #2 to me.

That being said, Mitro walking over and handing the ball to either of those two is the only way I see a change happening.

Palhinha Colada

Mitro's issue on penalties is he's very easy for the keeper to read. They almost always go the correct way, which makes consistent conversion very difficult. It's just not his strength, and Marco needs to have a rethink on this.

bill taylors apprentice

There's been many seasons when I've felt we are short of good penalty takers and now we have several I would be confident with such as Pereira, Tom, Willian.
But who wants to tell Mitro?

WolverineFFC

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on December 31, 2022, 05:12:51 PM
I bet Willian never misses a peno. He's so calm and cool on the ball.

Just looked it up. He is 9/10 in his career as a pro.

WindyCity

We've had this discussion many times before in this forum.  Mitrovic, if on the pitch, is gonna take the PK's.  He is not a lock.  He is not that good at PK's.  As a fan, you just have to accept it.  He's gonna miss a few, and we have to live with that. 

LC

Andreas Pereira took a decent penalty for us a month or so back, I would let him take them

LC

Quote from: WindyCity on December 31, 2022, 06:00:32 PM
We've had this discussion many times before in this forum.  Mitrovic, if on the pitch, is gonna take the PK's.  He is not a lock.  He is not that good at PK's.  As a fan, you just have to accept it.  He's gonna miss a few, and we have to live with that.

I'm a big fan of Mitrovic, when many on here were questioning his ability at the beginning of last season, I supported him. But, I disagree with you on this point, he isn't the best at penalties, I would give Andreas Pereira a go, the last one he took for us was pretty good

WindyCity

Quote from: LC on December 31, 2022, 06:07:46 PM
I'm a big fan of Mitrovic, when many on here were questioning his ability at the beginning of last season, I supported him. But, I disagree with you on this point, he isn't the best at penalties, I would give Andreas Pereira a go, the last one he took for us was pretty good

Please read my post again.  You are actually AGREEING with me!  I don't think he is very good at taking PK's, and said so in my post.    But, regardless, as the team leader in goal scoring by a wide margin, he is gonna take every PK that comes up.  We have to live with the misses.

SerbianLad

I agree, but I still think that he should let someone else take them if they are after 80th minute or so. I feel like he loses concentration because he's tired or smth.

Cobh Fulham Fan

So what about Mitro himself. does he not realise he is not the most appropriate person to take penalties and it is a team game his involved in? or is ego the dominant force here?

then again, has Marco a role to play here?