watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Should we sell AJ?

Started by Blingo, January 10, 2011, 01:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blingo

What is he contributing to the team? Blingo would sell him NOW if it was up to him. :red: :red: :red:

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Blingo on January 10, 2011, 01:42:09 PM
What is he contributing to the team? Blingo would sell him NOW if it was up to him. :red: :red: :red:

To who may I ask?

Fletchino

I would aswell but who the feck is going to buy him? A team who come up next season might it would be great if we ripped off qphaha

Burt

We can't sell any of our forwards without replacing them.

So whilst AJ has under-delivered, no doubt about that, I wouldn't sell. If he gets fit it would be interesting to see what he could do for us.

ImperialWhite

That would be madness. How much would we lose in this deal?

If we keep him he will improve, he will score goals (not ten million quids worth true), and we will get back some of the value of his transfer to us. If we sell him, we've lost most of that ten million (granted, he was a topscorer 08-09, so we was valuable to us then).

BalDrick

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on January 10, 2011, 01:48:47 PM

To who may I ask?

To whom may I ask?

There's going to need to be some book balancing soon if we are to bring Keane in. Thus far only one piece of deadwood has gone, and another has signed an extension. I'm not convinced the future is a partnership of AJ and Keane I have to say.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: BalDrick on January 10, 2011, 02:11:09 PM

To who may I ask?

To whom may I ask?

There's going to need to be some book balancing soon if we are to bring Keane in. Thus far only one piece of deadwood has gone, and another has signed an extension. I'm not convinced the future is a partnership of AJ and Keane I have to say.

Yes there does, but how much of a loss are we willing to take on AJ?

If he goes, it will not be until the end of the season.

BalDrick

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on January 10, 2011, 02:14:04 PM

To who may I ask?

To whom may I ask?

Don't think we'd be able to find anyone willing to actually pay us a fee - just getting him off the gravy train would be enough. Suppose at a push he could be involved in a swap deal - with the lad from Millwall maybe. Face it, even when fit, he's no longer a Prem striker is he? But, as was amply demonstrated by Kamara on Saturday, lower division defences are a lot easier to score against. Wonder if he'd go to the SPL?

jarv

MH made a statement didn't he? None of our forwards are going anywhere. (or something like that). :dead horse:

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: BalDrick on January 10, 2011, 02:19:49 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on January 10, 2011, 02:14:04 PM

To who may I ask?

To whom may I ask?

Don't think we'd be able to find anyone willing to actually pay us a fee - just getting him off the gravy train would be enough. Suppose at a push he could be involved in a swap deal - with the lad from Millwall maybe. Face it, even when fit, he's no longer a Prem striker is he? But, as was amply demonstrated by Kamara on Saturday, lower division defences are a lot easier to score against. Wonder if he'd go to the SPL?

To be fair to him, I dont think that we have been paying him at all during his injury as the insurance that we have will cover his injuries up until he started playing again.

I also read somewhere that he took a voluntary pay cut down to £35k p/w as well.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

I would sell anyone we can replace with a better play,the only thing that matters,the only thing,is the club moves forward :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

Lighthouse

Fact is at the moment AJ is our number 1 striker. Kamara second. Until BZ is fit and has proved he can recapture his form, then both AJ and Kamara must stay. Or we actually buy a better player. Elm and EJ are the most likely to make room for any players coming in.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ron

Common sense would make selling him a foregone conclusion.  Common sense will work against us when trying to find a buyer without losing a packet.

BalDrick

'Fact is at the moment AJ is our number 1 striker.'

Would our #1 striker not be our highest-scoring striker? Or are you talking wages?

Mr Fulham

AJ was out for a year, please give him time for heaven's sake! I think Admin had a very good point in describing AJ's situation a few weeks ago.

BalDrick

Quote from: Mr Fulham on January 10, 2011, 03:10:06 PM
AJ was out for a year, please give him time for heaven's sake! I think Admin had a very good point in describing AJ's situation a few weeks ago.

How much time though? Back for what, a dozen matches, and no goal, just another injury. Let's face it, if he could still do what it says on the tin, we wouldn't be where we are now. Of course that's a bit simplistic because he can't score without the ball but 12 games and no goal  speaks volumes.

HatterDon

Quote from: ron on January 10, 2011, 02:52:00 PM
Common sense would make selling him a foregone conclusion.  Common sense will work against us when trying to find a buyer without losing a packet.

Exactly. You sell AJ once he's demonstrated that he's clear of injury and he knows where the goal is. If you sell him now -- when nobody is really sure he's recovered from the Amkar mugging -- you get basically nothing for him.

People tend to forget that a team not wanting to keep a player is NOT a great incentive for someone else to buy him. Of course, you guys could just wish him away I suppose.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MJG

I could not even sell him on FM what chance do we have in the real world.

Tom

I would sell him if we can get another forward to replace him.
Fulham for life!

BalDrick

'Of course, you guys could just wish him away I suppose.'

I just wish him away from the wage bill, that's all. People earning moneyb from the club and putting nothing back are a waste of money, and as he's earning the most while he's doing nothing, he's who I'd like to see the club get shot of. How many Riises, Stoors etc would we have to shift to save as much in wages as one AJ? That's the bottom line for me - if we had more money for wages, Keane would have signed already wouldn't he?