watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Match Thread: Leicester 0 - 1 Fulham

Started by Milo, January 03, 2023, 09:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caedal

We looked great until we scored and then became very sloppy and defensive. We were very lucky not to concede. I thought Reed was really poor, and should have just sat in CM rather than constantly going out to the right wing. We really need to add another strong CM option.

The amount of clear cut chances we give teams is still worrying,

Having said that 3 wins on the bounce, double Forrest's points total, and only a couple of wins now from probably safety we cannot complain about the points total.

SP

SerbianLad

Great first half, very poor second but Leno, Tete and Palhinha kept us the lead. Goal was class, the whole sequence from start to finish. Thought that, unlike against Southampton where we were very poor, Leicester actually played quite well and made it very difficult for us in the second half.

We've had some poor referees this season, but this one has got to be by far the worst one. Didn't sanction Leicesters dirty fouls in the first half and then started handing out yellows for every foul we made in the second. Missed a clear throw in call as well. Pathetic performance from him.

LC

Leno and Tete were great today. I thought Harry Wilson finally started to look like his old self so hopefully that continues- although he should have scored.

I thought Tielemans was great to watch. His contract is up at the end of the season, I would offer him a pre-contract in January, because why not lol

Somerset Fulham

It was scrappy, stressful and in the second half extremely disjointed.  And its cost us Mitro against the filth.

We basically sh'thoused our way to that, which isn't something that one often associates with Fulham but I'll take it for now.

LC

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 03, 2023, 09:59:15 PM
It was scrappy, stressful and in the second half extremely disjointed.  And its cost us Mitro against the filth.

We basically sh'thoused our way to that, which isn't something that one often associates with Fulham but I'll take it for now.

Yes, we don't usually win games like that.. credit to the manager for installing the winning mentality which we clearly have. To be fair, we haven't really looked like losing all season (other than the odd game)

SP

Listening to Mitro's post match interview I wonder if he's having some treatment to resolve the injury?  Was never going to play at Hull.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: SP on January 03, 2023, 10:00:47 PM
Listening to Mitro's post match interview I wonder if he's having some treatment to resolve the injury?  Was never going to play at Hull.

Hull isn't what matters, he will still miss Chelsea unfortunately.

Dougie

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 03, 2023, 10:07:03 PM

Does he miss both games through suspension?

SP

Crossed wires.  He didn't sound too disappointed to be missing the scum game so I wondered if the medical staff had something planned that'd need a few weeks out?

SP

Also, two points gained on the league leaders.

General

Quote from: Dougie on January 03, 2023, 10:08:19 PM

No, it'd just be the one league game as he got the suspension for five yellows in the league.

Tabby

Quote from: SP on January 03, 2023, 10:08:48 PM

Crossed wires.  He didn't sound too disappointed to be missing the scum game so I wondered if the medical staff had something planned that'd need a few weeks out?

Week and a half until the Newcastle game.

Think he might get a rest in the cup though. Need to get the Vinicius up to speed ahead of the Chelsea game if nothing else.

Dougie

Quote from: General on January 03, 2023, 10:11:19 PM
Quote from: Dougie on January 03, 2023, 10:08:19 PM

No, it'd just be the one league game as he got the suspension for five yellows in the league.

I thought there were just domestic suspensions? Where cup matches counted.

Did that change when I was sleeping?

FFCAli

Like Dougie I thought it was one first team match, league or cup.  So he misses Hull.

Tabby

Quote from: FFCAli on January 03, 2023, 10:23:57 PM
Like Dougie I thought it was one first team match, league or cup.  So he misses Hull.

From the Premier League website:

"Any player earning five bookings from their side's first 19 Premier League matches will serve a one-match ban in the same competition. Yellow cards are not carried over to the EFL Cup or FA Cup."

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2801986

Holders

That's two games on the trot that we've won ugly. Time was we wouldn't have done that. Partly resilience, partly the dark arts but it's an attribute of a winning team.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Dougie

Quote from: Tabby on January 03, 2023, 10:29:00 PM
Quote from: FFCAli on January 03, 2023, 10:23:57 PM

From the Premier League website:

"Any player earning five bookings from their side's first 19 Premier League matches will serve a one-match ban in the same competition. Yellow cards are not carried over to the EFL Cup or FA Cup."

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2801986

Thanks. Humbug

Palhinha Colada

Rode our luck today after the first 20 minutes. We're going to have to find our rhythm again heading into these next few matches.

Will give Tosin some slack as it was his first start in awhile, but he did a couple very dangerous/silly things that would cost us on another day. Thought Reed also had a subpar day by this season's standard.

Also was surprised Marco used the third sub window only to bring on Diop. We almost ended with 10 men when Robinson went down soon after that. I expected Vinicius to come on for a clearly exhausted Mitro, at minimum.

Can't complain about the result or the effort, though. Love this team.

Free Elvis Hammond

Great result and a good game to watch, exciting to watch two sides who try and play through each other

Think we miss something with Willian and BDR as the wide attackers - they both tend to drift in and out, and Willian doesn't always keep up with the play (especially some of those late-first half counter attacks). Often you just end up with Pereira or Mitro running aimlessly forward until they inevitably lose the ball. I know Wilson's really out of form but he's very effective at making it stick high up the pitch

Ream, Robinson, Palhinha excellent, and what an upgrade Leno is on Rodak

Ref was awful, thankful that didn't impact the result. Mitro never a booking, and to be honest neither was their one on Cairney