watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Match Thread: Leicester 0 - 1 Fulham

Started by Milo, January 03, 2023, 09:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

A third win on the bounce.. what do we all think?

Joint 6th with Liverpool, pinch me!

@jolslover

Brilliant - absolutely quality. To get 3 wins in a row at prem level is so impressive for a newly promoted team

I mean they were the better side but really grinded that one out. Great goal / assist as well
STH H3

SP

Still in our rightful place at the top of the West London league.

ChesterTheTabby

Incredible little run we're on. This team just won't give up. I keep thinking "alright, when's the Fulhamish part where we give away a peno or get scored on at the end...", but we don't! A real spine around this team.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

southwest6

F*ckin hell, that was a stressful watch.

Fantastic 3 points, only negative is that Mitro is out against Chelsea. Tete, Leno, Palhinha and Reed all superb.

Tabby

Was a great start to the game, but all Leicester since they got back into it.

Can't complain about 3 away points. Too bad that Mitro got suspended though.

Milo

Agree, Tielemen in particular a very bright spark for Leicester.

You can tell they're pretty similar to us really, a few bright sparks and a top goal scorer in Vardy.

demeant0r

That was another really ugly win but it's 9 points out of 9 now!!!!  :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Milo

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on January 03, 2023, 09:49:29 PM
Incredible little run we're on. This team just won't give up. I keep thinking "alright, when's the Fulhamish part where we give away a peno or get scored on at the end...", but we don't! A real spine around this team.

I thought that was the Southampton game.. but we managed to get 3 points. Pinch me!

southwest6

Quote from: Milo on January 03, 2023, 09:50:08 PM
Agree, Tielemen in particular a very bright spark for Leicester.

You can tell they're pretty similar to us really, a few bright sparks and a top goal scorer in Vardy.

Yeah, Tielemans is different gravy. Fantastic footballer.

toshes mate

Absolute battle for the points this evening despite a nightmare of a referee - "My name is Bond, Darren Bond, and I am licensed to kill the good reputation of refereeing."

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I thought we were scrappy in the second half and a more confident team would have scored. Still shows we can win ugly but I think Leno was Man of the Match.

wback

Can you appeal a yellow? Mitro's seemed very, very harsh.

Twig

I thought there were a few weary players out there this evening. Several of them need a break to recharge before Chelsea.

Milo

I would play D Reid upfront against Chelsea as Mitro is injured, and not Vinicius.

Ruislip White

Incredible!  We are on the same points already, that we finished on in 20/21.
Great achievement.

Black, White and Fred

Leno making a bunch of big saves. Shame Wilson couldn't kill the game. Favourite moment of the game was the Leicester fans jeering Kenny for faking a head injury whilst he gets up sporting a black eye 😂
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

General

I kept catching myself in the second half thinking Leicester were bound to score given the pressure we were under and feeling tosin was a huge liability, but just as I was thinking that, I calmed myself without thinking and then at one point remembered our defensive showing at the emirates where Arsenal again were all over us but with better quality players and form and still struggled and I found myself thinking ' I wonder'... There's a resoluteness to this team, though today it was tested and very fragile (Tosin is a weak link today)...

MOTM for me was Tete who was everywhere and nothing really got past him, whilst he also didn't stop running and provided an outlet forward as well as in defence.

28 points now, 12 of 40... We've got three big games coming up and Mitro won't be available, plus that ref was giving out yellows like they were christmas presents, so that may have a knock on, but hopefully not - thankfully no red cards.

Really want us to cause an upset or two in our upcoming games against Chelsea and Tottenham. Would be tempted to give most players a rest against Hull too. Give solomon, Duffy, James etc a run out and let others rest. Players have looked tired.

Very productive three wins though since back from the world cup - great results even when performances haven't been the best.

Let's get some quality in during the transfer window and push on.

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

Milo