watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Silva- New contract?

Started by IloveFFC, January 03, 2023, 10:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IloveFFC

Guys, our season is being brilliant. But I have a concern.

Our manager only has a contract for 1 more season and with what he has been doing, I wouldn't be surprised if bigger clubs came with everything to sign him at the end of the season.

What do you think about this? I think Tony Khan has to open negociations quickly to try to extend his contract and improve is salary

Somerset Fulham

I would like to think that Silva has learnt his lesson from jumping ship too fast in the past.  This is his last shot, if he goes too soon and gets it wrong again then he is done for in this country and he is still young in managerial terms.

Marcel_Gecov

We have to be preparing one for him and if we can get a top 10 finish and invest who knows where he can take us

hovewhite

Also can understand why SK has not give one after Parker,.
Think Marco will get an offer and he will sign it.coyw

General

I get a different impression from Silva in truth - I get the feeling that based on what he says and how he's approaching things here that he is aiming and trying to build something and is settled and thinks he's at a club where he can achieve something and has the backing of the owners.

I think he took some time out post Watford and Everton to take a step back and think for himself and he seems much more measured and grounded with a longer term vision managing us.

I think we wait until the summer to see the whole season through and then offer him a new contract, I think that's more than fair.

There's no point in being emotionally led in decisions like contract extensions for a manager, as they need to work to longer cycles and get longer term results and build something..

I don't see him jumping ship as things stand, just be patient and watch how it unfolds - we could be onto something good, but lets not rush it unecessarily.

cookieg

Given that we are all but safe I'm sure SK will be sitting down with him.

Jules

This is a great point and probably the most important factor for the owners right now. We must get Marco on a new long term deal. This will publicly commit his future to Fulham and fend off the sharks.

Andy S

There is no doubt that everyone has a price. Nobody knows how much Marco's price is except Marco

H4usuallysitting

Marco Silvo and Metro need to up there game.... there's no point in winning games in an exciting and fluid way.... Metro again proves he's not up to Premier League standard, but Silvo keeps picking him