watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Hull City FA Cup

Started by love4ffc, January 04, 2023, 04:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

Having read through everyone's comments, I have been rethinking my team selection.  I agree players need to rest before the Chelsea and Newcastle matches.  I think they both will be tough matches so really want the regular starters to be fully ready. 

Looking at the back line I originally wanted to see Tete start along with Robinson.  This is because I'm just not sure about Mbabu and Kurzaw.  But I think both Tete and Robinson are not worth risking and both could use the rest. 

I am still not sure about Chalabah so I still would like Reed to start and play the normal Palhinha role.  Tom could use the minutes and I think is more than capable of helping to control the midfield. 

The attacking three to sit behind Vinicius I believe should be James, Harris and Wilson.  James to bring some speed and get some confidence.  Harris because I think he is more than capable of doing a job as the number 10 role, plus he could use some match time.  Last Wilson for the same reason as James.  I think he needs some minutes and to get a bit of confidence back in his step. 

With the above midfield three I also would like to see Solomon come on in the 65 or 70th minute to get a good run out.  We need to start getting him some minutes and see what he is capable of. 

It will be very interesting to see who Marco chooses as I really do think Fulham could get pretty far in this competition.   049:gif

P.S.   I forgot to mention that I don't think Duffy should start.  It really looks like he is on his way out and I would rather see Tosin and Diop play together as I could see that being a future partnership. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

WolverineFFC

Should have a lot of the ball, so a good game to get TC a start. Also, would hope a good lineup could control the ball and use less legs. Need to keep the injury prone rested, so Reed and Tete to the bench and give ARob and Andres some rest for their legs.

Rodak
BDR-Tosin-Diop-Kurzawa
  TC-Pahlinha
Wilson-Harris-Willian
    Vinicius

Thailand Mick

I would like to see us put out our strongest possible team, its not beyond the realms of possibility that we could lose our next four premier league games. so if we can have a Couple of cups victories between this would help to keep the confidence up before we play forest at home. I would not like to go into that game on the back of 5 straight defeats if we put out a weakened team against Hull who are improving at the moment and lose.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: 3 Cherries on January 04, 2023, 11:26:06 AM
But who's gonna replace Mitro against Chelsea??

Only have one option in my mind 🇧🇷

🤷🏼‍♂️

fulhamfan

Vinicius got a chance to impress against Hull. Hope he bags a few

KJS

As Mitro is suspended for the Chelsea game I'd start him on Saturday

JackHamlet90

I think he will & should go with a strong side it's a cup we should be looking to progress in

For me

Rodak

Tete         Diop       Tosin     Kurzawa

Reed    Cairney

Wilson             Harris         Solomon

Mitro

Subs - Leno Ream Robinson Palhinha Chalobah Willian Pereria BDR Vinicius

Personally don't see the need for Mbabu or Duffy looks like they are moving on

JimOG

Quote from: KJS on January 05, 2023, 09:16:20 AM
As Mitro is suspended for the Chelsea game I'd start him on Saturday

I was thinking the same but obviously it's Marco's medical staff that will advise whether a break would be more helpful. I'd love to see he and Vinicius together - if a partnership began to blossom it would be another alternative Play them together for one half of the game...?

We Are Premier League

I would start Pereira, Willian and Vinicius to give them 55min together before the Chelsea game

Rodak

Mbabu      Diop       Tosin     Kurzawa

Chalobah    Cairney

Wilson (James)         Pereira (Harris)         Willian (Solomon)

Vinicius (BDR/Mitro)

..FOF..

Quote from: 3 Cherries on January 04, 2023, 11:26:06 AM
But who's gonna replace Mitro against Chelsea??

Ensure enough supply to Vinicius to get a couple of goals to boost his confidence for the Chelsea game.

Count Flapula

Quote from: bencher on January 04, 2023, 03:40:52 PM
If a team in 7th with a big gap from the relegation zone and no European football can't take the FA Cup seriously, is there ever a case for taking it seriously anymore? Teams in Europe or fighting for the title (Arsenal) are not going want the distraction or extra games. Teams at the bottom need to focus on the league status priority. So who is actually looking to win it? Or is it simply, see how you get on for a round or two with weakened teams, and then if you are still in the cup, to try to win it then?

Fully agreed, we are in precisely the place where we should be taking the FA Cup seriously. Plus we've only just come back from a month break so how can our players be tired after 3 games already?

I do like to see our squad players get a game but Crawley is a lesson in how wholesale changes rarely work. I'd like to see TC, Soloman and Wilson get a start (to improve match sharpness in the latter two); maybe Vinicius to give him some momentum ahead of the Cheslea game. Wouldn't be suprised if Rodak starts as well (possibly him coming on at half time in the West Ham friendly was with this game in mind). Only one i'd consider resting is Ream given his age / played at the WC: Diop and Tosin should be able to cope.

Bassey the warrior

Rodak

Mbabu      Diop       Tosin     Kurzawa

Reed    Cairney

Wilson         Harris         Solomon

Vinicius

Fulham Tup North

I'm really hoping Solomon plays... Can't wait to see him live to see what he has got.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

colham

Apparently Duffy has been ill all week so won't be in the team. 

I think Vini needs a run in this game so he's sharp for Chelsea.  Gives Mitro a chance to rest/recover his foot.

Lordedmundo

I would go with:

Rodak
Mbabu Diop Tosin Kurzawa
Reed Cairney Chalobah
Wilson Vinicius Solomon

With Duffy unwell and Kurzawa and Mbabu questionable to play 90mins in terms of their reliability/fitness I think Ream, Reid and Robinson will need to travel. I'm going with Solomon to start - then James then subbed on for him after 45/60mins.

Subs:
Wickens, Robinson, Ream, Reid, Harris, James, Onomah

Weekend off: Mitro, Willian, Palhinha, Pereira, Leno

Maybe a chance to put Chalobah and Onomah in the shop window...

Deeping_white

Going by Pereira's social media, it looks like we've taken a lot of first team players up to Hull. Maybe unsurprisingly Willian hasn't travelled but he's earned a few days rest that's for sure

LC

Presuming everyone is fit to start I would go with this:

Rodak
Mbabu Tosin Duffy Kurzawa
       Cairney Chalobah
             Harris
  Wilson Vinicius Solomon

For me Diop is better than Tosin, I wouldn't start Tosin ahead of Diop in the PL.

I would give our players a rest as a lot of them looked pretty tired in the second half against Leicester

SerbianLad

Quote from: LC on January 06, 2023, 05:17:28 PM
Presuming everyone is fit to start I would go with this:

Rodak
Mbabu Tosin Duffy Kurzawa
       Cairney Chalobah
             Harris
  Wilson Vinicius Solomon

For me Diop is better than Tosin, I wouldn't start Tosin ahead of Diop in the PL.

I would give our players a rest as a lot of them looked pretty tired in the second half against Leicester

I thought I read somewhere that Marco said that Duffy is ill and won't feature. Otherwise, I agree, I'd go with the same 11.

Plodder

I would treat this the same way as we would if it were a league game. To me, it is just as important, arguably more so.  That means resting those players who  really need a break, and can not give 100% physically and mentally in this match, or need to conserve strength for upcoming games i.e. a normal "rotation" policy.  For some footballers, playing twice a week is the best way of maintaining form, fitness and enthusiasm.  Others find it more difficult to maintain peak physical and psychological fitness playing twice a week on a regular basis. Impossible to know as an outsider, as it involves an honest discussion between player and manager.