watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Hull City FA Cup

Started by love4ffc, January 04, 2023, 04:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

I really want to go for it this season for the FA Cup.  I am hoping that Marco puts out a strong squad while still managing individual players that might need a rest.  Below is my team and here is why I would like to see this selection. 
                                       Rodak
Tete                   Tosin                   Diop                 Robinson
                Reed                                           Palhinha
Harry Wilson                         Tom Cairney                     Luke Harris

Vinicius

Several players deserve a rest as they have played a lot and we will need them in the upcoming PL matches.  Rest Ream, Willian, Bobby, Mitro and Palhinha.  I wouldn't mind seeing Tete and Robinson rest but I'm just not sure who could play in their positions. 

I think there is a real chance of a team like Fulham, Brighton or Newcastle going for to the final if not the semifinal.   
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

elgreenio

i'd love for us to go for it seeing as we're in a much more comfortable league position than maybe we expected but my head still says to rest a lot of key players considering we're hardly the deepest squad.

Rodak

Mbabu
Diop
Tosin
Kurzawa

Reed
Chalobah
Cairney

Wilson
Vinicius
James / Solomon
touch my camera through the fence

SG

Agree. I think there will be maximum squad rotation. You can't expect players to drop into a premier league game and be effective without game time. This is an opportunity for the 6/7 regular bench warmers to play.

ffc73

Seeing how tired our players looked last night I would suggest as few as those that played last night should start at Hull.

Rodak
Mbabu Diop Duffy Kurzawa
James Chalobah Onamah Solomon
Harris
Vinicius

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Quote from: ffc73 on January 04, 2023, 07:16:10 AM
Seeing how tired our players looked last night I would suggest as few as those that played last night should start at Hull.

Rodak
Mbabu Diop Duffy Kurzawa
Harris
Vinicius

I agree, full rotation. Maybe Wilson starting if Solomon isn't ready. The starters badly need a breather and the subs need the game time if they'll be useful in the coming weeks.

alfie

Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on January 04, 2023, 07:33:09 AM

Rodak
Mbabu Diop Duffy Kurzawa
Harris
Vinicius

I agree, full rotation. Maybe Wilson starting if Solomon isn't ready. The starters badly need a breather and the subs need the game time if they'll be useful in the coming weeks.
If Solomon is not ready why was he on the bench at Leicester?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Sting of the North

Quote from: alfie on January 04, 2023, 07:34:28 AM
Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on January 04, 2023, 07:33:09 AM

Rodak
Mbabu Diop Duffy Kurzawa
Harris
Vinicius

If Solomon is not ready why was he on the bench at Leicester?

Maybe the assessment is that he is ready for a sub appearance not a start. They may think that 30-45 quality minutes is what we can expect at most. Or that it serves him better to come on against a tired defense at this point?

SerbianLad

I'd go with:

Rodak
Mbabu Tosin Duffy Kurzawa
Chalobah Cairney
Wilson Harris Solomon(James if Solomon isn't ready to start)
Vinicius

WhiteJC

I think they'll be quite a lot of rotation...

filham

The priority has to be on getting a fully fit and rested team ready for the Chelsea match which is only 8 days away. So It really is a question of who we leave out rather than who we play.

Difficult to see who replaces Tete, Robinson and Palhinha so essential they are rested and much better we face their replacement problem against Hull than against Chelsea.

Really all of yesterdays starting eleven should be rested against Hull.

This reserve line up should be good enough to match Hull:-
                                                             Rodak
                        Mbabu                Tosin                     Diop        Kurzawa
                                                   Cairney         Chalobah
                                                            Harris
                         James                         Vinicius                      Solomon

alfie

Quote from: filham on January 04, 2023, 10:19:55 AM
The priority has to be on getting a fully fit and rested team ready for the Chelsea match which is only 8 days away. So It really is a question of who we leave out rather than who we play.

Difficult to see who replaces Tete, Robinson and Palhinha so essential they are rested and much better we face their replacement problem against Hull than against Chelsea.

Rodak
                                                   Cairney         Chalobah
                                                            Harris
Wouldn't Wilson be a better option than James?, he definitely needs more game time.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Fulham Tup North

092.gif
I'll be there.. if they need a spare man  :005:
I don't have 90 minutes in me, I'm not very quick and I can't really tackle... but I can be a nuisance and it doesn't matter if I get booked...  049:gif 049:gif
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

3 Cherries

But who's gonna replace Mitro against Chelsea??

Hatch007

Marco said in his post-match interview yesterday that only a few players would be rotated as he is taking the FA Cup seriously.

I would start with Vinicius as he needs game time ahead of Chelsea. Other than that, hard to predict who else Marco wants to rest although I imagine Rodak will start

Twig

Quote from: Hatch007 on January 04, 2023, 11:28:13 AM
Marco said in his post-match interview yesterday that only a few players would be rotated as he is taking the FA Cup seriously.

I would start with Vinicius as he needs game time ahead of Chelsea. Other than that, hard to predict who else Marco wants to rest although I imagine Rodak will start

I think Rodak will start although Leno is hardly going to be one of those needing rest. I'd rest Mitro and give Vinicius a chance to get some match fitness before Chelsea. Beyond that I think it depends on FFC's assessment of each individual player's physical condition.

St Eve

I am a great believer in taking the cup games seriously. However, is a no brained to rest Mitro as he is not100% and suspended for the next game. Also give Rodak a game. Then it's up to Marco as to who has a slight knock or who needs a rest.

Cobh Fulham Fan

Wilson is improving again but needs more game time, so definitely play him.

bencher

If a team in 7th with a big gap from the relegation zone and no European football can't take the FA Cup seriously, is there ever a case for taking it seriously anymore? Teams in Europe or fighting for the title (Arsenal) are not going want the distraction or extra games. Teams at the bottom need to focus on the league status priority. So who is actually looking to win it? Or is it simply, see how you get on for a round or two with weakened teams, and then if you are still in the cup, to try to win it then?

Palhinha Colada

Quote from: bencher on January 04, 2023, 03:40:52 PM
If a team in 7th with a big gap from the relegation zone and no European football can't take the FA Cup seriously, is there ever a case for taking it seriously anymore? Teams in Europe or fighting for the title (Arsenal) are not going want the distraction or extra games. Teams at the bottom need to focus on the league status priority. So who is actually looking to win it? Or is it simply, see how you get on for a round or two with weakened teams, and then if you are still in the cup, to try to win it then?

We just played three Prem matches in nine days and have two more coming Thurs/Sun next week. Our starters look gassed. If our reserves can't handle one match at Hull (hopefully motivated by the debacle at Crawley), so be it.

Taking the Cup seriously has to be balanced with what's best for the club, which is as strong and high a PL finish as possible. Next season, if we have a deeper roster with appropriate quality, I'll start to worry about how seriously we take the Cup(s).

I'd think something like this:

Rodak
  Mbabu/??    Tosin      Diop         Kurzawa
                Cairney     Chalobah
  Wilson            Harris          Solomon
                       Vinicius

if Marco does elect to play a couple of regulars, maybe Reed stays in and Cairney plays CAM. Or maybe Tete or BDR plays at RB if they're trying to move Mbabu. Would be really surprised to see Mitrovic, Andreas, Palhinha, Robinson or Willian.

filham

Quote from: alfie on January 04, 2023, 10:55:46 AM
Quote from: filham on January 04, 2023, 10:19:55 AM

Rodak
                                                   Cairney         Chalobah
                                                            Harris
Wouldn't Wilson be a better option than James?, he definitely needs more game time.

Yes, agree Wilson needs game time but I feel James also needs game time . Perhaps Wilson, Solomon and James should all be used in the Hull game with BDR and Willian left at home.