more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Club Anthem

Started by JoeS, January 05, 2023, 03:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Quote from: RaySmith on January 05, 2023, 03:25:41 PM
Well, like it or not, and I do- MAF Take Me Home, is our anthem - originating from the stands, rather than being imposed.

But you make good point, if someone can come up with a better, more relevant to today, one, that the fans would actually sing, would be great.

I like it but it fails on a few points. Firstly these days it should at least be 'we are home, Al fayed'.. it then ties into the fans not really wanting to leave Craven Cottage, the concerns people had when we shared at Loftus Road that Al fayed would potentially use it as an opportunity to sell the ground and make it into a development and then the fan pressure after a few years in shepherd's Bush that Brought us back to the cottage.

This is our spiritual home and will be for what I hope is a long time to come.

southwest6

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 05, 2023, 04:19:03 PM
Quote from: southwest6 on January 05, 2023, 03:36:41 PM
one of my favourite chants of all time is "We're not real madrid". Love that one but can never find a video of it on youtube unfortunately.
I recall hearing Reading knick it from us.

To my knowledge, we are the only team that sings "you're just too good to be true".

Here it is

Cheers Southcoast, although i should have specified a video of our fans signing it! Am aware of the official version you linked, but have never seen one of our fans signing it. Perhaps you have seen one?

Ged

Quote from: Middlesexclub on January 05, 2023, 11:41:18 PM
Vanilla Muffins chorus of their completely different version of Viva El Fulham .
We couldn't sing it but the heavy metal thrash should at least be played by the DJ Pre match.

It's a Fulham student singing about his girlfriend
' She's a flamenco girl and dancing is her life but She said say with me stay with me Viva El Fulham ! Basically extolling the praises of what a great place Fulham is. Loudly !

https://youtu.be/8VmOHCVXoYI

It's on YouTube but I can't do the link but always makes me smile   when. I hear it.
Added bonus is Vanilla Muffins are Fulham supporters. 

Ged

Cookie6262

This is a good subject it was quite annoying seeing the whole stadium at Brentford singing Hey Jude... it would be good to have a song that other clubs know is ours like West Ham Bubbles or Stoke Delila or Palace Glad All Over etc.
We have it's to good to be true but it just doesn't work possibly due to the song or possibly our fans but we need a song that can be played as the players come out

Middlesexclub

Thanks for putting the link up GED 😊👍

mrmicawbers

At the semi final in Hamburg,Hold me close by David Essex sounded great when sung by about 600 people.No reference to Fulham but good Anthems don't have to as I said before.Every clouds got a silver lining.Very Cockley sounding too.

Peabody

Quote from: Cookie6262 on January 06, 2023, 02:35:17 PM
This is a good subject it was quite annoying seeing the whole stadium at Brentford singing Hey Jude... it would be good to have a song that other clubs know is ours like West Ham Bubbles or Stoke Delila or Palace Glad All Over etc.
We have it's to good to be true but it just doesn't work possibly due to the song or possibly our fans but we need a song that can be played as the players come out

Like I say, the chorus of Born and raised in Black and white by Willie Nelson

mrmicawbers

Peabody

TC's Sporran

maybe its because im a londoner....

KeenCottager

Quote from: Middlesexclub on January 05, 2023, 11:41:18 PM
Vanilla Muffins chorus of their completely different version of Viva El Fulham .
We couldn't sing it but the heavy metal thrash should at least be played by the DJ Pre match.

It's a Fulham student singing about his girlfriend
' She's a flamenco girl and dancing is her life but She said say with me stay with me Viva El Fulham ! Basically extolling the praises of what a great place Fulham is. Loudly !

It's on YouTube but I can't do the link but always makes me smile   when. I hear it.
Added bonus is Vanilla Muffins are Fulham supporters.

Good shout! I wasn't aware of this, I'm gonna check them out further as it sounds like many influences that I might like

cookieg

On radio 5 this morning they had a singer singing a couple of Leicester songs which were really good and very related to Leicester, one was about their owner who died. Someone really thought long and hard about the song and the lyrics.

Lusofulham

Back in the day of the fulham fan forum on the official website I did suggest to have "impossible dream" by Andy Williams, and it had a good reception with other fans. The lyrics seem to have been written for football fans. Their is a short version of it used by Honda in one of their advert it would be perfect

No one like Leggat

I had never heard 'born and raised ' before , thanks for the link above, great song and would make a brilliant club anthem.

keithh

I believe by the Bachelors