watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Club Anthem

Started by JoeS, January 05, 2023, 03:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeS

With the team improving on the pitch our fanbase will continue to grow and it seems like the perfect time to introduce a club anthem. We have 'You're just too good to be true' but I remember it being trialled by playing before games in 2013/14 and barely anybody sung along! (perhaps the actual song is too slow rather than the chant version)

Whilst not being jealous of the songs themselves, I do find myself wanting a chant such as 'Bubbles' or 'Marching on together' which is purely known as being related to Fulham. Arsenal recently started using 'North London Forever' and the atmosphere at the Emirates has vastly improved.

Wondered if anyone else shared my thoughts/had any suggestions?

RaySmith

Well, like it or not, and I do- MAF Take Me Home, is our anthem - originating from the stands, rather than being imposed.

But you make good point, if someone can come up with a better, more relevant to today, one, that the fans would actually sing, would be great.

fulhamfan

Quote from: JoeS on January 05, 2023, 03:15:22 PM
I do find myself wanting a chant such as 'Bubbles'

nope

southwest6

one of my favourite chants of all time is "We're not real madrid". Love that one but can never find a video of it on youtube unfortunately.
I recall hearing Reading knick it from us.

To my knowledge, we are the only team that sings "you're just too good to be true".

JoeS

Quote from: fulhamfan on January 05, 2023, 03:35:13 PM
Quote from: JoeS on January 05, 2023, 03:15:22 PM
I do find myself wanting a chant such as 'Bubbles'

nope

If you read the rest of the post I'm not saying I like that song, I'm saying it's nice that they have an anthem which can be played pre/post game and all fans know it. If you hear Bubbles you think West Ham. I don't think we have a song that makes people think of Fulham

mrmicawbers

Most football anthems don't mention the clubs at all.Find a novel one sing it all the time and the association begins.

shepperton white

Someone in a previous post suggested 'Born and Raised in Black and White' by the Highwaymen - sounds OK to me; and with concerns over racism it may have an additional meaning.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: southwest6 on January 05, 2023, 03:36:41 PM
one of my favourite chants of all time is "We're not real madrid". Love that one but can never find a video of it on youtube unfortunately.

To my knowledge, we are the only team that sings "you're just too good to be true".

Here it is
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

blingo

Every time we win it should be Queens .......Another one bites the dust.

JoeS

Viva el Fulham could work I suppose...

blingo

Quote from: JoeS on January 05, 2023, 04:33:18 PM

It worked in 1975 lol. Would have to adjust the lyrics slightly.

Oh this year you know we're staying up
Que viva el Fulham
We're going to have a good run in the cup
Que viva el Fulham
You just know that Mitro's going to score
Que viva el Fulham
And with Silva, well who can ask for more
It's Fulham por favor

Fulham 442

Quote from: blingo on January 05, 2023, 04:33:55 PM
Quote from: JoeS on January 05, 2023, 04:33:18 PM

It worked in 1975 lol. Would have to adjust the lyrics slightly.

Oh this year you know we're staying up
Que viva el Fulham
We're going to have a good run in the cup
Que viva el Fulham
You just know that Mitro's going to score
Que viva el Fulham
And with Silva, well who can ask for more
It's Fulham por favor
Not really iconic though is it, and like "We're not Real Madrid" is rather dated.  As Mr McCawbers mentions most anthems don't actually name the team and has has been pointed out Bubbles is instantly recognisable as WHU despite them only chanting "United" at the end...Wish we could find something similar..

AJW48361

Peabody

I have suggested recently Born  and Raised in Black and White by Willie Nelson

Fulham 442

Quote from: Peabody on January 05, 2023, 06:24:21 PM
I have suggested recently Born  and Raised in Black and White by Willie Nelson
The chorus is excellent, with a bit of tweaking it could work!

_Putney_

Cambridge Away

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 05, 2023, 04:19:03 PM
Quote from: southwest6 on January 05, 2023, 03:36:41 PM

Here it is
https://youtu.be/B3dIErKIxBU
Like a fine wine  :wine:

blingo

Personally I'd go with another one bites the dust

Middlesexclub

Vanilla Muffins chorus of their completely different version of Viva El Fulham .
We couldn't sing it but the heavy metal thrash should at least be played by the DJ Pre match.

It's a Fulham student singing about his girlfriend
' She's a flamenco girl and dancing is her life but She said say with me stay with me Viva El Fulham ! Basically extolling the praises of what a great place Fulham is. Loudly !

It's on YouTube but I can't do the link but always makes me smile   when. I hear it.
Added bonus is Vanilla Muffins are Fulham supporters. 

Middlesexclub

PS for all those Bees supporters on here I don't think there is a song about how great it is to live in Brentford 😊