more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosin And De Cordova-Reid Contracts Extended

Started by Friendsoffulham, January 05, 2023, 07:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

TOSIN AND DE CORDOVA-REID CONTRACTS EXTENDED

The Club is pleased to confirm that it has activated the options in the contracts of Tosin and Bobby De Cordova-Reid, respectively.

It means the two players are now both committed to Fulham until the summer of 2024.

Tosin is now in his third season in SW6 and is closing in on a century of appearances, playing a key role as the Whites won the Championship last season.

Fulham's Mr Versatile, De Cordova-Reid has two promotions under his belt, as well as 26 goals for the Club – including four this season which has him sitting second in our top scorer chart.

Following confirmation of the activations, Tony Khan said: "I'm delighted to announce today the contract extensions of both Bobby De Cordova-Reid and Tosin.

"Since they each joined Fulham, both of these players have shown great commitment to the team, and Bobby and Tosin have both been crucial to our most recent successes.

"Bobby De Cordova-Reid has shown great versatility and reliability in his time with Fulham, working hard all over the pitch, and scoring some very important goals for us over the years, including four goals this season.

"Tosin has been an essential part of our squad since he arrived in 2020, he has made great contributions to our defence, and I believe he will continue to develop under Marco Silva's great coaching.

"I'm very happy that Bobby and Tosin are both committed to us until 2024.

"Come on Fulham!"

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/january/05/tosin-and-de-cordova-reid-contracts-extended/

Fulham 442

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Excellent! Two very useful players, and BDR also seems an important locker room glue guy.

Baston White

Excellent news.
2 players who are continuing to play well under Marco.
Great work by the club.

sunburywhite

Really pleased all round

You cant fault BDR for his commitment
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

The Rational Fan

Read carefully, Tosin and Reid haven't signed anything new, all that happened is their options have been activated.

Mince n Tatties

FFC1987

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 05, 2023, 08:01:02 PM
Read carefully, Tosin and Reid haven't signed anything new, all that happened is their options have been activated.

In fairness, the official announcement was 'Options activated. Committed until the summer of 2024.' so more straight forward.

perry geyton

Brilliant news
I thought Tosin was excellent on Saturday, better on the ball then Diop, it's nice to now finally have 3 quality center backs

Fernhurst

May deter any bids for Tosin this winter's window

Pleasing news
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

FFC1987

Quote from: Fernhurst on January 05, 2023, 08:29:13 PM
May deter any bids for Tosin this winter's window

Pleasing news

At the very least, it means bids will now have to be higher as well.

ffc73

Good news but great news would be Tosin signing a new longer contract.

MickTheBeard

The club have just activated what was in their original contract .Tosin hasn't agreed to a new contract with fulham over the financial package offered.To me the club have just told the world he has 1 more year so come and buy him.He doesn't need a big pay rise he has basically been dropped and he's behind dieppe.He will possibly be sold in the summer he has a flaw in his game he losses concentration and can be very casual not a player you want when your up against it.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 05, 2023, 08:10:57 PM

In fairness, the official announcement was 'Options activated. Committed until the summer of 2024.' so more straight forward.

Getting Tosin and Reid to extend their contracts would be great news, unfortunately this hasn't happened. Clearly Fulham want Tosin to stay longer at the club (at least one year but probably many more), but Tosin either doesn't want to stay or is hoping for an improved offer. Let's hope we Tosin ends up extending into 2025, because it would be better he stays than sold in the summer of 2023.

FFC1987

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 05, 2023, 08:41:18 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on January 05, 2023, 08:10:57 PM

Getting Tosin and Reid to extend their contracts would be great news, unfortunately this hasn't happened. Clearly Fulham want Tosin to stay longer at the club (at least one year but probably many more), but Tosin either doesn't want to stay or is hoping for an improved offer. Let's hope we Tosin ends up extending into 2025, because it would be better he stays than sold in the summer of 2023.

Feels a little like conjecture to me. He's in and out of the first team currently, we have an option to extend, which we've taken and I'm sure we'll review at end of this season, and next season and access whether he wants to stay, or we need to recruit for a replacement. Feels like a very rational position for us. Brand new contract could and would be much more costly.

Twig

We are now in a position where Tosin has approx. 18 mths on his contract so I can't see any reason why we need to rush to negotiate a contract extension, or a new contract, with him. Same applies to BDR imo.

LC

Quote from: Twig on January 05, 2023, 09:36:21 PM
We are now in a position where Tosin has approx. 18 mths on his contract so I can't see any reason why we need to rush to negotiate a contract extension, or a new contract, with him. Same applies to BDR imo.

I disagree. We should have his future decided by the end of the season and in terms of negotiating contracts that isn't exactly a long way off. If he doesn't want to sign a new contract then he should be sold in the summer whilst we still have 12 months on his contract. With 12 months on his contract we should be £10-15m for him.

For me he isn't good enough to start every game but he's a good backup and I would like him to stay.

General

Feel ideally they'd have both signed two year contract extensions. Tosin is a real flight risk on a free. BDR is a solid squad player at the least in the prem and whilst you could argue with both that if we stay up we'd want to bring in stronger players both competing for first team slots and on the bench, it's rare to find someone as flexible or with as much potential as BDR and Tosin.

Great that they're both staying on!

Twig

Quote from: General on January 05, 2023, 11:46:41 PM
Feel ideally they'd have both signed two year contract extensions. Tosin is a real flight risk on a free. BDR is a solid squad player at the least in the prem and whilst you could argue with both that if we stay up we'd want to bring in stronger players both competing for first team slots and on the bench, it's rare to find someone as flexible or with as much potential as BDR and Tosin.

Great that they're both staying on!

Neither of them signed a contract extension, the club simply took the decision to activate an extension clause in their existing contracts (as I understand it).  The debate is whether we should be negotiating either new contract extensions (beyond summer of '24) or even brand new contracts.  I don't see a need to rush others e.g. LC disagree with me, which is fair enough.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: LC on January 05, 2023, 10:20:19 PM
Quote from: Twig on January 05, 2023, 09:36:21 PM

I disagree. We should have his future decided by the end of the season and in terms of negotiating contracts that isn't exactly a long way off. If he doesn't want to sign a new contract then he should be sold in the summer whilst we still have 12 months on his contract. With 12 months on his contract we should be £10-15m for him.

For me he isn't good enough to start every game but he's a good backup and I would like him to stay.

I agree. Sign an extension or be up for sale in the summer.

Would be very pleased if both Tosin and Robinson would sign an extension before the end of the season. Don't think any other (senior) player need an extension atm.