more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A Good Result At Hull

Started by filham, January 07, 2023, 05:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Quote from: Mullers OG on January 07, 2023, 06:03:49 PM
TC far and away the best player on the pitch today.
I thought TC had lapses of concentration and gave the ball away.
Tô me he looked lethargic and passed the ball backwards far to much.
The fact he is really only a left footed player was more glaring today than I'd ever noticed before

Dodgin

sunburywhite

Its funny, I have watched the last 2 games with no sound and you notice a lot of things that you don't notice if there was sound
In previous game Jedi was so fast top any breakdown he killed any threat coming down his side
Today Reed was immense, putting in one he;ll of a poo
Vincius got no service at all but also doesn't take up killer positions
Tosin eat the ball both games and was so calm
its worth doing sometime just to get a different picture
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

SG

Quote from: Jamie88 on January 07, 2023, 06:27:00 PM
Quote from: Jules on January 07, 2023, 06:13:43 PM
Well done lads. Onto next round. Inevitable Man City away again  :022:

Was just thinking this..

When is the draw?

Jules

Quote from: SG on January 07, 2023, 06:54:33 PM

Was just thinking this..

When is the draw?
Tomorrow (Sunday). Had thought it was Monday but just corrected this reply.

WolverineFFC

I thought today personified what a professional outfit the club has become under Marco.

Only started 3 of the first 11, but it was a serious team. Not one which undermined the importance of a good performance. We have seen that too often in the past.

Kept a clean sheet.

Valuable game/fitness minutes for several potential members of the 18 in Wilson, Kurzawa, James, TC, and Solomon.

No apparent injuries.

Only negatives to me were no chance for Harris because the club couldn't get the second goal and how poor Vinicius was holding up the ball. Otherwise no complaints.

bill taylors apprentice

I really do appreciate the fact that the lack of match fitness will hamper players like Vinicius when the get their chance but he doesn't do himself any favours when he does get a chance.
Slow of movement and mind, poor positioning and basically looks a bit lost!
I want him to do well but can't see any quality.

TC's Sporran

Quote from: terryr on January 07, 2023, 06:30:14 PM
The fact he is really only a left footed player was more glaring today than I'd ever noticed before

did he give the ball away once?

Fernhurst

Quote from: KeenCottager on January 07, 2023, 05:32:50 PM
Decent result and some fitness and rests for the squad?

Which PL team away will it be?

I :drums:

Which one is furthest away from London??
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

terryr

Quote from: TC's Sporran on January 07, 2023, 08:39:33 PM

More than once

Jamie88

Quote from: terryr on January 07, 2023, 09:30:36 PM

More than once

Not sure what you were watching, I thought he was excellent today.

filham

[/quote

Yes, think I can remember Tom giving the ball away once , hard to count the large number of lovely passes he made though, including a few beauties threaded inside the fullback that had the Haynes hallmark on them.

Snibbo

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 07, 2023, 06:54:02 PM

Today Reed was immense, putting in one he;ll of a poo

Tosin eat the ball

Both red card offences, surely?

LittleErn

Interesting how opinions on TC's performance today vary. I think there is truth in both camps. There were times when his forward passing was sublime and for a long period in the first half he ran the show. However, he also made too many "safe" passes backwards that took away momentum. I also think he looks stronger than on the past and has an extra burst of pace. Having said that, he wasn't put under the type of pressure he gets in the Prem.

LittleErn

Quote from: LittleErn on January 07, 2023, 10:29:46 PM
Interesting how opinions on TC's performance today vary. I think there is truth in both camps. There were times when his forward passing was sublime and for a long period in the first half he ran the show. However, he also made too many "safe" passes backwards that took away momentum. I also think he looks stronger than on the past and has an extra burst of pace. Having said that, he wasn't put under the type of pressure he gets in the Prem.

I also thought he looked more likely to score than Vinicius and I agree with an earlier poster that Vinicius looked lost. He rarely made a forward run into a dangerous position and offered very little.

Lester Burnham

We'll get another Championship side away: Burnley or Reading.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Lordedmundo on January 07, 2023, 05:52:40 PM
We played ok - basically cruised along after we scored. Hull had very little to offer - seemed they rested a few players as well, so not surprising.

Cairney probably MOM, as he basically kept us ticking over the for the whole match. Kurzawa looked up for it - always looking to get forward and James did better.  Everyone else did ok - hopefully we can get Vinicius more involved against Chelsea. Nice little cameo from Solomon, looks like he will get more minutes as a sub before he starts a match.

Cairney was walking for most of that match !! I was surprised how lethargic he looked. I think Reed was our best player ..... Vinicius worries me greatly as a back up striker !! I'm not sure why we're chasing fullbacks as we seem to have enough cover for Tete and Robinson with BdR, Reem, Kurzawa etc.... CM and Striker for me are needed

TC's Sporran

Quote from: LittleErn on January 07, 2023, 10:29:46 PM

I think people see what they want to see. i saw him make a couple of runs and his pace over the last few games has surprised me. and then we have posters saying he looks lethargic? i didnt see that at all.  reed gave the ball away far more times than cairney as did periera but for tc to get singled out shows some people just dont like him. but if we all thought the same it would be pretty boring.

hovewhite

Was just thinking this..
hoping not?

Palhinha Colada

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on January 08, 2023, 08:01:20 AM
Quote from: Lordedmundo on January 07, 2023, 05:52:40 PM
We played ok - basically cruised along after we scored. Hull had very little to offer - seemed they rested a few players as well, so not surprising.

Cairney probably MOM, as he basically kept us ticking over the for the whole match. Kurzawa looked up for it - always looking to get forward and James did better.  Everyone else did ok - hopefully we can get Vinicius more involved against Chelsea. Nice little cameo from Solomon, looks like he will get more minutes as a sub before he starts a match.

Cairney was walking for most of that match !! I was surprised how lethargic he looked. I think Reed was our best player ..... Vinicius worries me greatly as a back up striker !! I'm not sure why we're chasing fullbacks as we seem to have enough cover for Tete and Robinson with BdR, Reem, Kurzawa etc.... CM and Striker for me are needed

We don't have adequate cover at RB since BDR is our only backup option there and he's also our starting winger at the moment. It's seems obvious at this point that Mbabu will leave.

We need a CM and a RB. I'm no fan of Vinicius, but at least we have some cover at striker (where Bobby can play also in a pinch). Probably makes sense to leave striker for the summer.