watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Carlos Vinicius

Started by irishfulham, January 08, 2023, 08:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

In my opinion, the only "remarkable" thing here is to bend full over backwards in order to try to strip Vinicius of almost all credit. But to each their own, of course.

Yesterday Vinicius caused all sorts of problems for Chelsea's backline, because he actually put himself about, pressed and in general let his presence be known. I have been waiting for this to happen, and yesterday he finally managed to do it properly. The goal was just a bonus, albeit a wonderful one.

Shredhead

He did well last night, obviously- I'm really pleased for the lad. But not the same threat and all round player as Mitro.

I wonder what he said to Felix after he'd been red-carded?
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

junior white

Firstly i think it is important to remember that he isnt a like for like replacement for Mitro, they oplay different types of game.

However he does have room for improvement for sure. I thought against Man Utd he had part sod the second half where he played well, against Hull he didnt do a lot but then we didnt really give him too much to work on. Last night I thought he was excellent, I had him second to Andreas for my MoM, felt he gave their back 3 (then back 2) a really hard game. His movement was good and his link up was ok, fully deserved is goal.

davew

Changing my opinion about him, took the goal well and worked hard, won't worry so much next time Mitro is not available.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

bigalffc

He battled their defenders staying strong and took his opportunity brilliantly.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

sunburywhite

Quote from: bigalffc on January 13, 2023, 01:00:16 PM
He battled their defenders staying strong and took his opportunity brilliantly.

I thought he worked his socks off last night

He always looks a bit awkward and is no Harry Kane but he certainly put a shift in last night and deserved the goal

He also created the chance for BDR when he hit the woodwork
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

perry geyton

Quote from: ffcthereligion on January 13, 2023, 09:08:04 AM
I get people want to praise him because its easier to disarm an argument by agreeing with it when he's just scored against Chelsea but I still think he's rubbish. Great to score the winner but its a keeper error and if Kepa stays on his line he catches a weak header towards the centre of the goal. I can't think of another contribution he made in the second half. Amazing cross by Pereria and he couldn't not head that. Other than that all I saw him do was lean into players and fall over and he missed that chance in the first half, although granted that wasn't a gimme. Sean Kavanagh scored a premier league blinder, didnt make him good enough. Dont let the I told you so bullies tell you otherwise!

Yeah let's all just be negative about him then when he's getting fed scraps for game time.....
Haters gonna hate,
He's barely had any opportunities and yesterday he was brilliant, his hold up play, passing etc.
his first chance was a grab spin and shoot situation, he took it well and the ball went about about a foot wide of the post FFS
ALSO Manchester United his other opportunity he had a very good game

You clearly just have it in for him,

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: perry geyton on January 13, 2023, 02:51:30 PM
Quote from: ffcthereligion on January 13, 2023, 09:08:04 AM
I get people want to praise him because its easier to disarm an argument by agreeing with it when he's just scored against Chelsea but I still think he's rubbish. Great to score the winner but its a keeper error and if Kepa stays on his line he catches a weak header towards the centre of the goal. I can't think of another contribution he made in the second half. Amazing cross by Pereria and he couldn't not head that. Other than that all I saw him do was lean into players and fall over and he missed that chance in the first half, although granted that wasn't a gimme. Sean Kavanagh scored a premier league blinder, didnt make him good enough. Dont let the I told you so bullies tell you otherwise!

Yeah let's all just be negative about him then when he's getting fed scraps for game time.....
Haters gonna hate,
He's barely had any opportunities and yesterday he was brilliant, his hold up play, passing etc.
his first chance was a grab spin and shoot situation, he took it well and the ball went about about a foot wide of the post FFS
ALSO Manchester United his other opportunity he had a very good game

You clearly just have it in for him,

Everyone has their own opinion on Vini, but given the number of chances he has been given to prove himself, I thought last night he did exceptional.  Glad Mitro is back on Sunday!!  and if Vini gets 10 mins hopefully he gets another....
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

WindyCity

I thought Vini worked hard all night and did give defenders some problems/concerns. Nice pass to set up BDR for the woodwork.  I still think his hold up play needs work/improvement.  His header for the game winner was clinical, solid.  He made no mistake and buried it. 

I've noted some commentary that the Chelsea keeper misplayed the game winner.  I think not.  Pereira put in a terrific, world class cross.  And it goes to show that even top clubs can be beaten when a world class cross is put in.  Not only was the keeper out done, but so were two additional defenders!  And credit to Vinicius for the no doubt about it finish. 

Pereira was putting in excellent crosses from the corner and free kicks all game long.  Great skill.

General

That's only his 3rd full 90 of the season, which goes to prove that he's hardly had a chance to prove himself. He got 80 mins in one other time, but his season minutes all things considered are minimal. One time he had 53 mins, the remaining 6 (SIX) times he played, he never got more than 5 mins a game. He got 5, 5, 3, 1 and 1. Let's not be too harsh on him. The only two games in succession he's played for us were against Man Utd and Man City.

In fact he's actually only played properly for us against big teams in Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Newcastle (and west ham). Not exactly pushovers, but I think he's held his own in those games (minus west ham where the whole team lost the plot and the ref was poor)

He's a handful for defenders and is strong and has pace on him and an ability to hold up the ball. He's settling into how we play well considering how little he's played. Let's be calm and not judge too quickly.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/carlos-vinicius/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/525287/wettbewerb/GB1/saison/2022