watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Carlos Vinicius

Started by irishfulham, January 08, 2023, 08:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishfulham

What exactly have we got here? Didn't show anything at all against hull. Granted he had very few opportunities however there was multiple good balls put into the box particularly from LB, however he got on the end of nothing. His half volley was atrocious and his hold up play....... I think back up ST should be a priority in this window

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: irishfulham on January 08, 2023, 08:25:08 AM
What exactly have we got here? Didn't show anything at all against hull. Granted he had very few opportunities however there was multiple good balls put into the box particularly from LB, however he got on the end of nothing. His half volley was atrocious and his hold up play....... I think back up ST should be a priority in this window

He had a chance to shine 🤷🏼‍♂️ & I guess he's got Chelsea too 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

There's something there but I'm not sure what at the moment

Jamie88

This is the very reason when you speak to any Spurs fan, they'll tell you he brought nothing to the team.

I thought his best match was probably against Man Utd, but even then he was fairly average.

It's almost as if he lacks any drive - there are occasions when I'm screaming for him to check his run, look for space, do anything, SOMEthing. But he just sort of wanders around seemingly hoping for the ball to find him.
Kurzawa sent in a few very nice crosses yesterday and he didn't look like he wanted anything to do with them.

I'm always for giving players a few games before judging them too harshly, but he has had several full matches under his belt and looked similar in every single one of them.

Bassey the warrior

As mentioned he did well against Man Utd but has offered nothing otherwise. His first touch is Sunday league level. Can't see us being able to shift him and bring in another though, think we're stuck with him for now.

AJW48361

Local derby under the the lights cracking atmosphere somebody stop him.

Slaphead in Qatar

He just isn't very mobile. Just A big lump whose not very coordinated.

Mickeyboro

Frank Large...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OZ-WHITE

The natural game for Vinicius is to have the ball completely jammed at his feet and have players off either or both shoulders , so he can then slide , back heel or rabona a pass ( he did that at Benfica ) . At the moment the system isn't set up for him , Silva wants width and cut / cross the ball back the box . So Vinicius gets stuck between a rock and hard place , he gets the ball shapes to hold it and pass but everyone peels off and he's on his own . He's almost stationary now , he can't take the defenders on from basically a standing start, he has no one to pass it too , and the cycle repeats . He's not Mitro 2.0 and we can't ask him to be , we can ask him adapt and move away from his natural game , looks like that might take a while as Silva is not going to change the system just for him . We didn't pay overs for him , he's on a long contract and we won't see him on the pitch that often , we can give him time
If it wasn't for the medication I,d be chewing on your skin

Mince n Tatties

The latest in the line of stick the pin in my doll by Fulham fans,Wonder who it will be next week.🤔

Jules

Sorry but he isnt good enough as a striker at this level. Neither is Muniz. It's inevitable that some signings don't work out. Fortunately we have Mitro, but we need striker options. We are fine for the rest of this season but to push on next season we need to have a think about alternate options up top.

RaySmith

Quote from: OZ-WHITE on January 08, 2023, 10:10:45 AM
The natural game for Vinicius is to have the ball completely jammed at his feet and have players off either or both shoulders , so he can then slide , back heel or rabona a pass ( he did that at Benfica ) . At the moment the system isn't set up for him , Silva wants width and cut / cross the ball back the box . So Vinicius gets stuck between a rock and hard place , he gets the ball shapes to hold it and pass but everyone peels off and he's on his own . He's almost stationary now , he can't take the defenders on from basically a standing start, he has no one to pass it too , and the cycle repeats . He's not Mitro 2.0 and we can't ask him to be , we can ask him adapt and move away from his natural game , looks like that might take a while as Silva is not going to change the system just for him . We didn't pay overs for him , he's on a long contract and we won't see him on the pitch that often , we can give him time

Good post- he might be a lot better for us if h becomes used to our system.

Silva is obviously persevering with him, though maybe not much choice - well  they could bring Muniz back presumably.

hovewhite

Preserve with him ,Marco has no choice from what I can see,also he's played and done nowt.

H4usuallysitting

He hasn't turned into a bad player overnight..... I know Arsenal supporter's who couldn't believe we went for Willian.... he's now probably in our top 3 player's.... let's give Vinicius some time - In Marco I trust

blingo

This has got Vinicius hat trick against Chelsea written all over it.

filham

We have seen Stansfield, Munice and Vinicius all  tried as cover for Mitro (Parker even tried Cavaliero), all have failed.
An injury or ban to Mitro and we have a major problem but a solution is not easy to find.
A good premier league strker  will cost big money, to persuade one to spend the rest of the season bench warming while Mitro continues playing well makes the task near impossible.

Rambler

Would be nice to have a completely different option up front to Mitro, for example a really pacey striker that plays off the shoulder looking for runs in behind. This would mean adapting our play slightly but I don't think it's an impossible ask to have a different set up for when plan A isn't working.

Just gives the team a different feel and actually warrants playing/subbing in the 2nd striker more. We know there is no point subbing mitro if he is having a poor game for vinicius because we're just getting a similar, but technically and physically worse player on the pitch.

Woolly Mammoth

We do not have much choice, but he needs games, so
let us not be too critical of the man just yet.
The only alternative is to play with a false number nine who makes diagonal runs across the Chelsea back four to avoid the offside trap and be supported by a box to box number ten coming from deep with pace and power.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 08, 2023, 12:54:59 PM
The only alternative is to play with a false number nine who makes diagonal runs across the Chelsea back four to avoid the offside trap and be supported by a box to box number ten coming from deep with pace and power.

Does the false number nine have to have false teeth, or is that not a requirement

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 08, 2023, 01:27:24 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 08, 2023, 12:54:59 PM

Does the false number nine have to have false teeth, or is that not a requirement

I can confirm that is a mandatory requirement in conjunction with a false wooden leg.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: irishfulham on January 08, 2023, 08:25:08 AM

I think he can score some goals, but it is his hold up play that concerns me. The ball just isn't sticking and it is a problem for his teammates. Several times yesterday the club were under pressure and when the ball was played out to him, he didn't control it to maintain possession. If he isn't doing this against Hull, doesn't bode well against Premier League teams.