watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Carlos Vinicius

Started by irishfulham, January 08, 2023, 08:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewYorkYank

Is Vinicius the Brazilian Shefki Kuqi?  There are reports that Brazil is seeking to revoke his passport because no one with his skill level could genuinely be Brazilian.

Jules

Quote from: Rambler on January 08, 2023, 12:52:02 PM
Would be nice to have a completely different option up front to Mitro, for example a really pacey striker that plays off the shoulder looking for runs in behind. This would mean adapting our play slightly but I don't think it's an impossible ask to have a different set up for when plan A isn't working.

Just gives the team a different feel and actually warrants playing/subbing in the 2nd striker more. We know there is no point subbing mitro if he is having a poor game for vinicius because we're just getting a similar, but technically and physically worse player on the pitch.
I agree with this. People assume we need a bulky hold up number 9 to cover Mitro when injured/suspended, but what we actually need is an alternative striker say with pace who we can either play with Mitro, instead of him or bring on in games when Mitro runs out of steam.

LittleErn

Sorry Mince, but I think Vinicius has had chances to show any kind of promise and he has not done so yet. He doesn't look to have pace and his movement off the ball is not encouraging; neither is his hold-up play. I'm not "sticking pins" in his effigy but I think he doesn't fit with our style of play and is not the answer we need. I hope he proves me wrong and starts to do the business, but it needs to be soon.

LittleErn

Quote from: Jules on January 08, 2023, 02:23:13 PM
Quote from: Rambler on January 08, 2023, 12:52:02 PM
Would be nice to have a completely different option up front to Mitro, for example a really pacey striker that plays off the shoulder looking for runs in behind. This would mean adapting our play slightly but I don't think it's an impossible ask to have a different set up for when plan A isn't working.

Just gives the team a different feel and actually warrants playing/subbing in the 2nd striker more. We know there is no point subbing mitro if he is having a poor game for vinicius because we're just getting a similar, but technically and physically worse player on the pitch.
I agree with this. People assume we need a bulky hold up number 9 to cover Mitro when injured/suspended, but what we actually need is an alternative striker say with pace who we can either play with Mitro, instead of him or bring on in games when Mitro runs out of steam.

I'm sure Marco is aware of this option but they are hard to find. Could Bournemouth be tempted to part with Solanke? We could offer Vinicius as part of the offer - he might do well in the Championship.

Fulham 442

Quote from: LittleErn on January 08, 2023, 02:40:49 PM
Sorry Mince, but I think Vinicius has had chances to show any kind of promise and he has not done so yet. He doesn't look to have pace and his movement off the ball is not encouraging; neither is his hold-up play. I'm not "sticking pins" in his effigy but I think he doesn't fit with our style of play and is not the answer we need. I hope he proves me wrong and starts to do the business, but it needs to be soon.
Agreed, and as I have said on other posts given the choice of him or Muniz I would rather have the latter.

bill taylors apprentice

He may be playing a style that doesn't suit his previous way of playing.
His lack of games will clearly impact his fitness now the chance has come to play and there's been little chance for him to strike up a good understanding with his team mates.

But he's not entirely new to the PL and I believe a highly paid, highly trained professional with all the facilities and staff available should be able to adapt and learn what he needs to do.

If he fades in the game due to lack of match fitness, fair enough but he needs to bring a brighter game next time up or he will be seen as a waste of time.

WindyCity

Have to agree with the majority here.  He really didn't show much at all v Hull.  True, not much in the way of incoming into the danger area, but he was almost invisible for most of the match.  His hold up play was terrible, strong first touches and inability to promote positive team chances. 

We should give him all our support at CC next week, cheer him on, because it appears he's gonna get the call regardless what fans think about him.  Mitrovic is likely to miss other future matches and better cover for him is really needed.  I'm still hopeful we can get a result v Chelsea at the Cottage.  I'm sure MS has a game plan that can produce that result.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 08, 2023, 01:50:40 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 08, 2023, 01:27:24 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 08, 2023, 12:54:59 PM
We do not have much choice, but he needs games, so
let us not be too critical of the man just yet.
The only alternative is to play with a false number nine who makes diagonal runs across the Chelsea back four to avoid the offside trap and be supported by a box to box number ten coming from deep with pace and power.

Does the false number nine have to have false teeth, or is that not a requirement

I can confirm that is a mandatory requirement in conjunction with a false wooden leg.

Makes perfect sense

RaySmith

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 08, 2023, 01:27:24 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 08, 2023, 12:54:59 PM
We do not have much choice, but he needs games, so
let us not be too critical of the man just yet.
The only alternative is to play with a false number nine who makes diagonal runs across the Chelsea back four to avoid the offside trap and be supported by a box to box number ten coming from deep with pace and power.

Does the false number nine have to have false teeth, or is that not a requirement

When Celtic won the European Cup in 1967 against Inter Milan - the Lisbon Lions,  I read that all the Celtic players, who were all born in or within a few miles, of Glasgow, put their false teeth in a bucket before the game, but I couldn't help wondering - how did they know whose was whose at the end?

perry geyton

I think everyone's being to hard on him, it was the FA cup

Let's see what he's got against Chelsea

USNA90

Quote from: filham on January 08, 2023, 12:49:45 PM
An injury or ban to Mitro and we have a major problem but a solution is not easy to find.
A good premier league strker  will cost big money, to persuade one to spend the rest of the season bench warming while Mitro continues playing well makes the task near impossible.
This may all be true, but it's a problem the recruitment team needs to solve. The unfortunate reality is that there's a lot of times when Mitro is out due to injury or suspension (and if I were a betting man, I would say this won't be his last suspension this year), or plays but isn't firing on all cylinders due to a nagging injury. It's apparent that Fulham is pretty toothless in attack without Mitro, so something needs to be done.  I realize there are a lot of options at wing, but if we're honest, not one of them poses a consistent threat. Maybe the team should look there for improvement if an effective back up striker is too hard to find.

alfie

Quote from: USNA90 on January 08, 2023, 06:59:10 PM
Quote from: filham on January 08, 2023, 12:49:45 PM
An injury or ban to Mitro and we have a major problem but a solution is not easy to find.
A good premier league strker  will cost big money, to persuade one to spend the rest of the season bench warming while Mitro continues playing well makes the task near impossible.
This may all be true, but it's a problem the recruitment team needs to solve. The unfortunate reality is that there's a lot of times when Mitro is out due to injury or suspension (and if I were a betting man, I would say this won't be his last suspension this year), or plays but isn't firing on all cylinders due to a nagging injury. It's apparent that Fulham is pretty toothless in attack without Mitro, so something needs to be done.  I realize there are a lot of options at wing, but if we're honest, not one of them poses a consistent threat. Maybe the team should look there for improvement if an effective back up striker is too hard to find.
There lies the issue, it doesn't matter who you sign, you have no idea how that player will perform until he crosses that white line. As it has been pointed out no striker of quality is going to want to sit on the bench waiting for Mitro to get an injury, knowing that as soon as he is fit he will step right back in (unless it's a real serious injury like Solomon).
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

filham

Oh well we have a problem but a hat trick from Vinicius against Chelsea on Thursday and it will all be solved.
Come on lad prove us all wrong.

RaySmith

Quote from: filham on January 08, 2023, 08:56:25 PM
Oh well we have a problem but a hat trick from Vinicius against Chelsea on Thursday and it will all be solved.
Come on lad prove us all wrong.

Or even one goal, especially if it's the winner.

Listening to pundits on the radio this morning, talking of Potter, and saying how Chelsea and their fans will really want to beat Fulham, with the implication that Potter will be in trouble if they don't.

Come on Carlos, step up to the plate, become a Fulham hero.
049:gif

H4usuallysitting

We've got nothing to lose on Thursday....on paper Walham Green are a better team - in 90 minute's anything could happen..... for us to win would be a remarkable achievement

Fulham 442

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 09, 2023, 10:33:05 AM
We've got nothing to lose on Thursday....on paper Walham Green are a better team - in 90 minute's anything could happen..... for us to win would be a remarkable achievement
What's the betting if we win the reports will go on about how many injuries Chelsea have atm?!

filham

Quote from: Fulham 442 on January 09, 2023, 11:08:28 AM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 09, 2023, 10:33:05 AM
What's the betting if we win the reports will go on about how many injuries Chelsea have atm?!
If we win against Chelsea on Thursday the media will be busy selecting their next manager.

Bracken White

True to say that he hasn't cut it - but scored a well taken goal in the friendly v WHU. May be something about him & do subscribe to the pacey option alternative, stated above. Guess we're all willing Vinicius to do well - but disconcertingly he was largely absent for long periods at Hull - a match where you'd expect him to trouble their defence. The jury is still out but what a stage for him to score on Thurs!
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Twig

Naturally we all hope he gets his goal on Thursday but, unless it's a pen or other dead ball, I doubt it. We haven't seen anything from him that suggests he has what it takes to trouble Prem defences, even one in disarray such as Chelsea's.  I want him to do well but my expectations are not high.

filham

Quote from: Twig on January 09, 2023, 12:38:07 PM
Naturally we all hope he gets his goal on Thursday but, unless it's a pen or other dead ball, I doubt it. We haven't seen anything from him that suggests he has what it takes to trouble Prem defences, even one in disarray such as Chelsea's.  I want him to do well but my expectations are not high.
A penalty on Thurs day would surely be taken by Pereira.