more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Carlos Vinicius

Started by irishfulham, January 08, 2023, 08:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: Twig on January 09, 2023, 12:38:07 PM
Naturally we all hope he gets his goal on Thursday but, unless it's a pen or other dead ball, I doubt it. We haven't seen anything from him that suggests he has what it takes to trouble Prem defences, even one in disarray such as Chelsea's.  I want him to do well but my expectations are not high.
He scored a beauty against spam, I know it was a friendly but it shows he can do it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Terry Towling

Quote from: Jules on January 08, 2023, 02:23:13 PM
Quote from: Rambler on January 08, 2023, 12:52:02 PM
Would be nice to have a completely different option up front to Mitro, for example a really pacey striker that plays off the shoulder looking for runs in behind. This would mean adapting our play slightly but I don't think it's an impossible ask to have a different set up for when plan A isn't working.

Just gives the team a different feel and actually warrants playing/subbing in the 2nd striker more. We know there is no point subbing mitro if he is having a poor game for vinicius because we're just getting a similar, but technically and physically worse player on the pitch.
I agree with this. People assume we need a bulky hold up number 9 to cover Mitro when injured/suspended, but what we actually need is an alternative striker say with pace who we can either play with Mitro, instead of him or bring on in games when Mitro runs out of steam.

Andrew Johson to Bobby Zamora is what you are thinking

perry geyton

Quote from: filham on January 08, 2023, 08:56:25 PM
Oh well we have a problem but a hat trick from Vinicius against Chelsea on Thursday and it will all be solved.
Come on lad prove us all wrong.
That's the attitude 💯

perry geyton

FishaPrice

When we signed Vinicius, I thought he seemed like a decent signing that could potentially give competition to Mitrovic. I was pretty happy that we were able to recruit a forward with a half-decent pedigree/record, and I thought perhaps he just wasn't given enough chances at Spurs considering their comparative wealth of talent. So far I have not been impressed. He keeps defenders occupied, but he doesn't get very many touches. It seems like defenders easily mark him out of the game. I am not sure if its a lack of effort or just poor understanding of the game. In contrast, Mitrovic always manages to get involved and is an absolute handful for defenders. Mitrovic is so key to our success because even veteran premier league defenders are struggling to cope with him. I wonder if we should have retained Muniz. Last season, I thought Muniz was developing nicely and always put in a shift. I figured he would be the main man at Boro. Sadly, Muniz isn't playing much on his loan, so its difficult to say who is better, but I am starting to wonder if Vinicius is a downgrade. I do think Muniz understood our system better, so maybe Vinicius just needs time. If Mitrovic gets injured I fear our team will be much easier for opponents to prepare for, easier to play against, and that we will struggle.

Deeping_white

More than half of the premier league teams don't even have one decent starting striker and some people on here seem to think we should have two good strikers. This season we were guaranteed a minimum of 40 games and Mitro with his good injury record historically, fit to our system and form was therefore likely to start at least 90% of those games. That means we've got to sell the dream to someone that they're likely to start less than half a dozen games per season and probably get fewer than 1000 minutes in a year which is nothing at all when you really stop and consider it. Vinicius fills a gap - he's needed time to learn how our system works and in our most recent game where we started with a full strength team against West Ham he looked pretty good, and scored. Hull was never going to be a walk in the park because we played our backup wingers who provided him with very little service because the theme of their respective seasons has been underwhelming thus far, so even if Mitro was playing I think he'd have struggled somewhat. He can do a job and that's all we need from someone who's playing second fiddle to Mitro - Silva has never deviated from his system since he's been here so Vinicius is going to have to try and emulate the most physical CF in the league which he clearly can't do because Mitro is one of a kind, so you again can't really hold that against him.

He cost peanuts for this era and is clearly a team player so I'm not sure why people are so quick to jump on him. As for the suggestions that Muniz is better, well he can't get a game at a mid table championship team so do you really think he's an upgrade on Vinicius?

alfie

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 09, 2023, 11:36:34 PM
More than half of the premier league teams don't even have one decent starting striker and some people on here seem to think we should have two good strikers. This season we were guaranteed a minimum of 40 games and Mitro with his good injury record historically, fit to our system and form was therefore likely to start at least 90% of those games. That means we've got to sell the dream to someone that they're likely to start less than half a dozen games per season and probably get fewer than 1000 minutes in a year which is nothing at all when you really stop and consider it. Vinicius fills a gap - he's needed time to learn how our system works and in our most recent game where we started with a full strength team against West Ham he looked pretty good, and scored. Hull was never going to be a walk in the park because we played our backup wingers who provided him with very little service because the theme of their respective seasons has been underwhelming thus far, so even if Mitro was playing I think he'd have struggled somewhat. He can do a job and that's all we need from someone who's playing second fiddle to Mitro - Silva has never deviated from his system since he's been here so Vinicius is going to have to try and emulate the most physical CF in the league which he clearly can't do because Mitro is one of a kind, so you again can't really hold that against him.

He cost peanuts for this era and is clearly a team player so I'm not sure why people are so quick to jump on him. As for the suggestions that Muniz is better, well he can't get a game at a mid table championship team so do you really think he's an upgrade on Vinicius?
:plus one:
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Somerset Fulham

Agree with Deeping here.

Toney, Wilson, Moore, Solanke or even Wood are not leaving their respective to clubs in order to sit on the bench at Fulham.  I think expectations need to be readjusted here among a few because unless some kind of amazing opportunity pops up, we already have our backup striker and will struggle to do much better.

Bronaldinho

We have the same problem as Spurs that they have with Kane, we have with Mitro. You won't find a top quality forward willing to sit on the bench for most games and be match sharp.

Vinicius has a decent goal record over the years, and with a bit of run in the team he could be decent for us. He isn't a bad finisher, but needs time to settle and adjust.

He's getting there, and his performance in the Hammers friendly was decent.

If we played 2 up front, we'd see a different Vinicius in terms of sharpness, but we don't so we have to be patient and fair with him.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Lordedmundo

Quote from: Bronaldinho on January 10, 2023, 10:06:08 AM
We have the same problem as Spurs that they have with Kane, we have with Mitro. You won't find a top quality forward willing to sit on the bench for most games and be match sharp.

Vinicius has a decent goal record over the years, and with a bit of run in the team he could be decent for us. He isn't a bad finisher, but needs time to settle and adjust.

He's getting there, and his performance in the Hammers friendly was decent.

If we played 2 up front, we'd see a different Vinicius in terms of sharpness, but we don't so we have to be patient and fair with him.

100% - give the guy a chance.

In the long term, we should look to buy a versatile attacking player who can play on the wing, but also cover for Mitro up front as/when required.  A younger version of Ryan Babel in other words! This type of player is obviously in demand, but if we finish the season high up the table, then an out of contract Zaha may be a possibility (he is the wrong side of 30, which may put off bigger clubs)?

Also, Ismaila Sarr who will only have one year left on his contract at the end of the season

fulhamfever

Still think he needs gametime. Look we are 12 off safety we will be fine even if we lose a few. Survival and a cup run would be perfect. I don't want European footie at all look at West Ham no thank you. Re-establish ourselves as a prem team again lets go.

WindyCity

We have the same problem as Spurs that they have with Kane

Not sure it's the same though.  Spurs have Son, who I think can play on top when Kane is missing, and is a prolific goal scorer in his own right.  Just saying........

(Son one of my fave PL players.  Terrific, talented player)

hovewhite

He's here and I will support all the players in the shirt.

WindyCity

Quote from: hovewhite on January 10, 2023, 04:59:26 PM
He's here and I will support all the players in the shirt.

Bingo that!

Bronaldinho

Quote from: WindyCity on January 10, 2023, 04:51:04 PM

Not sure it's the same though.  Spurs have Son, who I think can play on top when Kane is missing, and is a prolific goal scorer in his own right.  Just saying........

Janssen
Vinicius
Soldado

Spurs went through a load to have a 'backup'.

It's only in more recent years they've tried a different approach with a wide forward that can lead the line. Which is the smart way.

Richarlison and Son give them that.

But finding one of those is tough, especially as you have to play a slightly different way when they do lead the line. Mitro's hold-up and linkup is key, which is why we went for another target man, rather than change system entirely when he's out.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

JimOG

Quote from: Bronaldinho on January 11, 2023, 10:11:34 AM

Brereton Diaz fits that bill playing off the left - I'm just not totally convinced he would be worth the spend
Janssen
Vinicius
Soldado

It's only in more recent years they've tried a different approach with a wide forward that can lead the line. Which is the smart way.

But finding one of those is tough, especially as you have to play a slightly different way when they do lead the line. Mitro's hold-up and linkup is key, which is why we went for another target man, rather than change system entirely when he's out.

JimOG

Quote from: JimOG on January 11, 2023, 01:17:27 PM

Brereton Diaz fits that bill playing off the left - I'm just not totally convinced he would be worth the spend
Janssen
Vinicius
Soldado

Lordedmundo

Quote from: JimOG on January 11, 2023, 01:18:57 PM
Quote from: JimOG on January 11, 2023, 01:17:27 PM

Janssen
Vinicius
Soldado

Brereton Diaz is out of contract at the end of the season. He does fit the bill - but obviously a lot of mid table Premier League clubs will be trying to sign him...

Jim©

Clubs played for, goals scored, attitude, highlights reels- there's much we should be happy for in having such a decent back up IMO. He'll never get many minutes which will affect him and his confidence.
I've spent years arguing with people about Ream being quality, looks like Vinicius will be the next one.