watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Not safe yet.

Started by sarnian, January 10, 2023, 12:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarnian

A great 9 points from the last three games but we cannot afford to be complacent.

It would appear from Silva comments that we will not spend a lot this window and just get in 2 or 3 players as cover.
Will this be enough when you see that most of the lower clubs are or will splash the cash. Wolves, Villa, Bournemouth and Forest are all making transfer noises. 049:gif

Deeping_white

Throwing lots of money at unproven foreign signings is hardly a way to dig yourself out of a releation battle. Forest still aren't a squad so to compound that further with more expensive flops commits them to financial doom, likewise Bournemouth don't have masses to spend if they don't want an embargo in coming seasons.

Realistically we don't need more than cover/depth signings anyway. Our first XI have done superbly so far and if we can fill in the holes for Reed and Palhinha having decent cover with a proper RB covering for Tete then ulitmately we're pretty well set up to the summer when we can expand further.

wback

Look at the form of:

Southampton (they're not getting out, no matter what happens)
Wolves (have a chance, but will need to start scoring)
Everton (will need to sack Lampard, but seem to be sinking, and are unlikely to recruit too much)
West Ham (good players, but their forwards are underperforming and their defence looks old and creaky)
Bournemouth (lack quality, goals)
Forest (I think they'll just stay up, but Wolves, West Ham and Everton will push them hard)
Leeds (could easily collapse)
Palace (could also easily collapse - good attackers, but no goals, poor midfield)

All of those teams are way, way, way more likely than us to struggle in the second half of the season.

We only need 4 wins from 20 games!

fulhamfever

12 points between now and end of season we are safe

Mince n Tatties

Not safe yet????
Are you actually watching us,we're one of the top
sides in the league.

Deeping_white

Quote from: fulhamfever on January 10, 2023, 01:31:57 PM
12 points between now and end of season we are safe

I don't actually think we even need that many. 8 teams are currently going at 1ppg or less at the mid-point of the season. I doubt that at least 6 of them will suddenly pick up so much form that they'll end up going at vastly over 1 ppg over the remainder of the season to get to at least 38 points. This is probably the first season in a long time where there's more than half a dozen poor teams who will intermittently keep taking points off each other and struggle against the other 13/14 teams.

Bassey the warrior

Whilst I think we are safe, we have a very thin squad and are vulnerable to key players being injured. We would really struggle without Palhinha in particular, so getting an adequate back up should be the number one priority, ahead of right back.

Blawarmy

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 10, 2023, 02:02:51 PM
Whilst I think we are safe, we have a very thin squad and are vulnerable to key players being injured. We would really struggle without Palhinha in particular, so getting an adequate back up should be the number one priority, ahead of right back.
Agreed [emoji1303]

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Free Elvis Hammond

If you really wanted to be negative, you could say Silva teams tend to go on bad runs

Everton, 8 defeats in 11
Hull, 11 defeats in 13
Watford, 7 defeats in 9

But to be relegated this season - with probably a superior side to any of those three - it would have to be a spectacular collapse

Lordedmundo

Obviously we are not mathematically safe yet - but come on, we only need 3 wins and 3 draws from 20 games to reach 40 points (and we may not even need that many)!

The next 4 games will be very tough, but I'm confident we will get at least 3 points somehow (hopefully on Thursday). Even if we lose the other 3 - wins against Forest and Wolves at home would then put us on 37 points by the end of February!

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Free Elvis Hammond on January 10, 2023, 02:11:17 PM
If you really wanted to be negative, you could say Silva teams tend to go on bad runs

Everton, 8 defeats in 11
Hull, 11 defeats in 13
Watford, 7 defeats in 9

But to be relegated this season - with probably a superior side to any of those three - it would have to be a spectacular collapse

It would be a collapse meriting investigation for match/league fixing. We would need to be the worst side in the league by a distance, and even (significantly) worse than we ever were under Parker.

Free Elvis Hammond

Even if we replicated Blackpool's record the year they went down (after 18 games) we'd end up on 42 points

mrmicawbers

Being a Fulham fan for the last 60 year's it does have that effect,where you tend to have doubts.However this side is the first side in quite some time where my confidence levels in them have reached new highs.Dont think these players have the Chelsea hangover in their being.Well I hope not lol

Hugh Gentry

I find that those fans with this kind of outlook are the same fans who would rather be in the Championship, they are almost scared of any level of success.

ianthailand

Quote from: mrmicawbers on January 10, 2023, 03:04:59 PM
Being a Fulham fan for the last 60 year's it does have that effect,where you tend to have doubts.However this side is the first side in quite some time where my confidence levels in them have reached new highs.Dont think these players have the Chelsea hangover in their being.Well I hope not lol
I'm in my 67th year of supporting Fulham and i know exactly how you feel Mr. Micawbers. It ain't over till it's over but, this squad are a bit tasty. I remember the last win over Chelsea. I was on Holiday, in Dorset, with my Thai girlfriend (now my wife) and when  the final whistle sounded  i went, all excited, we've beaten  Chelsea, all she said was can i go to sleep now. Such is life!

SG

Quote from: Hugh Gentry on January 10, 2023, 03:10:02 PM
I find that those fans with this kind of outlook are the same fans who would rather be in the Championship, they are almost scared of any level of success.

I don't think that is a fair comment. There are many of us on here who have been supporting FFC for decades - I am in my 66th year. Over that time the Club have disappointed us time after time, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, failing to build on success, but that is what makes the relatively few successes so enjoyable and memorable. So whilst I too think we are probably only a couple of wins away from safety the sooner we get there the better. I don't see those couple of wins coming in the next few games unfortunately but this team and this manager continue to surprise me and raise my confidence levels to new heights

Thailand Mick

In 2017/18 season there was nine teams on one point or less per game at this same stage(18 games) , this season there are eight. That season the bottom three teams went down with 33 points or less.

Mince n Tatties

The pessimism amongst Fulham fans.
No wonder we haven't won a major trophy.🤔

Somerset Fulham

I know you like to constantly look on the bad side of everything related to this club but in this instance I agree 100% with Mince.

You must be bloody mad.

WindyCity

Quote from: Hugh Gentry on January 10, 2023, 03:10:02 PM

Have to go along with this.  I was flabbergasted at how many fans in this forum, as season ended last year and I've seen this in seasons' past, claimed they preferred Champ league play since there was much better chance of seeing team wins.  (Note:  just very surprised, but everyone is certainly entitled to their own form of following this or any team.)  I never bought into this, always like to see a team strive to be the best and get to the top levels.  Even if it means a tough go at top level, just as we've seen with the yo-yo years.  Give me Prem play any and all the time.  Now, we have a team that we can expect and anticipate positive results every time they step foot on a PL pitch.  Far more enjoyable, in my view.