watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fan taken ill in Hammy End last night

Started by Shredhead, January 13, 2023, 12:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shredhead

Does anyone know how the fan taken ill in the Hammy End (block nearest the JH is? It looked serious and the lino was asked to stop the game but shook his head. Hope they're OK.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Mickeyboro

I had no idea - presumably cos everyone was standing. Obviously wish the victim well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ES Fulham

Apparently the fan was revived and was conscious and talking when the medics arrived. Hope and pray they are ok. Fulham fans went straight to assist the fan who was in distress. Cheers.

ffcthereligion

I noticed some commotion but wasn't sure what was going on. Brings back dreadful memories of Paul Parrish. So glad to hear he recovered. Note the OP, the referees now are under instruction not to stop matches for medical incidents in the crowd after guidance received in the summer

Dougie

Quote from: ES Fulham on January 13, 2023, 02:06:49 PM
Apparently the fan was revived and was conscious and talking when the medics arrived.

That's good news. Definitely could see someone in a yellow hat performing what looked like chest compressions from where I was standing.

Bill2

Happened just before half time and in the interval there was an ambulance outside with blue lights on. Hope he is OK.

gang

Yes it's very distressing when things like this happen,I'm surprised that the ref is under instructions not to react after all life is more important than a game.

mrmicawbers

The problem with stopping games makes it open to dodgy betting especially in the far East sadly.

bobbo

Quote from: gang on January 13, 2023, 07:02:48 PM
Yes it's very distressing when things like this happen,I'm surprised that the ref is under instructions not to react after all life is more important than a game.
+1
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Southcoastffc

The Premier League decided earlier in the season that games will not be stopped for medical emergencies in the crowd. Every stadium has a doctor on-site to react to any incidents should they happen off the pitch. That includes supporters that have been taken ill or any other medical problems that could arise.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

WhiteJC

CLUB UPDATE: MEDICAL EMERGENCY

The Club would like to provide an update following the medical emergency during Thursday evening's match against Chelsea.

A supporter in block H2 of the Hammersmith Stand suffered a cardiac arrest and received medical attention in the stand before being transferred to hospital. His family have been in touch with the club to inform us and our supporters that he is better and still being treated in hospital.

Everyone at Fulham Football Club wishes him a full and speedy recovery.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/january/14/club-update--medical-emergency/

Shredhead

Thanks for the updates, especially @whitejc - glad he's still alive and recover. It happened after Willian's goal - perhaps it was all too much for him!
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC