watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

James Ward Prowse

Started by perry geyton, January 14, 2023, 04:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Wonder what he'll be available for come the end of the season ?

I can fully see him in a Fulham shirt

Craven Mad

Would love it. Can see some others sniffing round too but would be a great addition

perry geyton

Looks like Southampton have some fight in them so he might not be going anywhere

Bassey the warrior

Would be an incredible signing but if he were available there would be a long queue and he wouldn't be cheap.

LC

It would be a good singing, but I think we'll need to spend at least £40m to get him. Given his age, we wouldn't get any resale value on him, so I would prefer for us to go for someone like Conor Gallagher 

Craven Mad

Given his recent bounce in form, I'd expect Newcastle, Everton, Villa or West Ham to fight for him. I'd be surprised if any of the 'top teams' go for him given his slightly lower profile and somewhat 'old fashioned" style of play.

Regardless, if available and not wanting more than £70k (which I know are both unlikely), I think he'd be a very tidy option for us!

Motspur

I believe that Guardiola has his eyes on Ward-Prowse from previous comments he's made. I thought too that our game against Southampton was a test and Southampton were beginning to get a shape with their young team. Whilst I didn't like their time wasting antics they didn't stop pressing our players and gave no time on the ball. I think now they are going to prove difficult opponents in remaining games. The bottom of the table is looking very competitive with Everton, Leicester, Bournemouth and West Ham in freewill. It's great to be able to watch from afar.

perry geyton

Quote from: Motspur on January 14, 2023, 08:03:15 PM

I believe that Guardiola has his eyes on Ward-Prowse from previous comments he's made. I thought too that our game against Southampton was a test and Southampton were beginning to get a shape with their young team. Whilst I didn't like their time wasting antics they didn't stop pressing our players and gave no time on the ball. I think now they are going to prove difficult opponents in remaining games. The bottom of the table is looking very competitive with Everton, Leicester, Bournemouth and West Ham in freewill. It's great to be able to watch from afar.
He would do
Greedy p****

Southcoastffc

I haven't seen much of him this season but if you take away his (excellent) dead ball skill does he offer much?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

FFC1987

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 14, 2023, 08:34:34 PM
I haven't seen much of him this season but if you take away his (excellent) dead ball skill does he offer much?

IMO he's got Reed's work ethic but is better technically.

I'd be surprised if Pep is eying him though. If Phillips hasn't taught him you shouldn't pay premiums on average English players I don't know what will.

Drewry66

As good as he can be on set pieces do we need that? Have we got the best line up for set pieces ever already? All quality....Pereira, Willian, Wilson, Cairney, Solomon. I remember when Fulham couldn't do anything but put the ball in the keepers hands from a corner. Spoilt for choice now. He is of course amazing on free kicks but not sure worth a potential fee considering what we have.

itombomb

He has another 3 years on his contract, so Southampton would only sell him for silly money.

You'll be able to get a lot better, and importantly younger, than Ward-Prowse for a lot less that he would cost.

SouthIslandWhite

On New Year's Even when he snapped that free kick into the Putney End net, all I thought was: "That boy has the best spot kick in the division bar none."

Pure class.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

Woolly Mammoth

He is one player i would be very pleased to see wearing a Fulham shirt.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

perry geyton

Did you see his goal today ?

Pluto

I would love him here but he will be expensive and I think Newcastle will ultimately get him

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 14, 2023, 10:21:42 PM

I'd be surprised if Pep is eying him though. If Phillips hasn't taught him you shouldn't pay premiums on average English players I don't know what will.

Phillips is a good player, hardly average.

Asotosyios

The romantic in me would like to see him stay with Southampton and finish his career there.

FFC1987

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 15, 2023, 12:32:27 AM

I think in terms of Prem players, he's fairly average to be honest. Big hype job by the media again. That's not having a pop at him calling him average. I just don't think he's as good as made out and his move to City and his England form decline is telling.

Pluto

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 16, 2023, 10:52:11 AM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 15, 2023, 12:32:27 AM

I think in terms of Prem players, he's fairly average to be honest. Big hype job by the media again. That's not having a pop at him calling him average. I just don't think he's as good as made out and his move to City and his England form decline is telling.

I agree and have said the same for a while - Phillips is a very average player. Tidy on the ball but nothing that really stands out about his game. A Scott Parker/Jermaine Jenas type midfielder.

Paulinha is certainly better (better tackling/positioning/anticipation/heading) and even Reed has been better this season on account of his superior work rate.