watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Charged……

Started by Baston White, January 16, 2023, 07:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baston White

With failure to control players in game against Chelsea??

Rupert

Yes, they ignored the FA's instructions to let Chelsea win.

But seriously, we did not pick up a surfeit of yellows, did we? I thought it had to be six or more.

Edit- having looked up a previous occasion, it is probably down to swarming around the referee demanding their man got sent off.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

bobbo

Yes I can only be the swarming . It has to stop whether it's us or any opponents . There's more that needs to stop of course not least players standing over the ball prevent a freee kick being taken
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Baston White

Apparently we have been charged for breaching rule E20.1.
Failing to ensure players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion during the 57th minute.
Was this when Kenny nearly got his leg broken!!

Slaphead in Qatar

How many teams have we seen swarm around the referee against us. It happens in every game practically.

Fulham getting picked on here.

LC

Quote from: bobbo on January 16, 2023, 08:10:39 PM
Yes I can only be the swarming . It has to stop whether it's us or any opponents . There's more that needs to stop of course not least players standing over the ball prevent a freee kick being taken

Well I'm not to sure about that. For example, if our players 'swarmed' the ref and demanded that VAR looked at the encroachment for Mitrovic's penalty kick then it may well have been retaken.

When Tete got clobbered it didn't immediately look like the ref was ready to make a decision.

I guess it's all fine lines

davew

Probably retaliation after worrying so much that we nearly beat Newcastle, absolute joke, what next?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

The Enclosurite

This will be because all the Arsenal fans kicked off about it when it happened.
¡COYW!

bobbo

Quote from: LC on January 16, 2023, 08:38:57 PM

Well I'm not to sure about that. For example, if our players 'swarmed' the ref and demanded that VAR looked at the encroachment for Mitrovic's penalty kick then it may well have been retaken.

When Tete got clobbered it didn't immediately look like the ref was ready to make a decision.

yep I totally see your point . It happens so much I don't know how they can stop it . But it doesn't happen in rugby so I guess it's discipline situation .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Watford_fc

Quote from: The Enclosurite on January 16, 2023, 09:03:50 PM

Did they get changed the other week for doing it in the cup and will Man City do so after their players did the same?

The Enclosurite

Quote from: Watford_fc on January 16, 2023, 09:37:52 PM
Quote from: The Enclosurite on January 16, 2023, 09:03:50 PM

Did they get changed the other week for doing it in the cup and will Man City do so after their players did the same?

Arsenal did and their fans now go mental every time another club does something similar.
¡COYW!

Logicalman

Agreed, you can add to that
1. Players talking back to the referee and openly swearing at him/her
2. Keepers who refuse to go back to the goal line at first time of asking for a pen
3. Players not exiting the pen area when a penalty is given + talking to the pen taker
4. Subs warming up holding/blocking access to the ball for a throw-in
5. Managers & coaches doing the same as 4 above in the technical area
6. Players walking away with the ball when a free kick or throw-in is given against them

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: bobbo on January 16, 2023, 09:19:52 PM
Quote from: LC on January 16, 2023, 08:38:57 PM

yep I totally see your point . It happens so much I don't know how they can stop it . But it doesn't happen in rugby so I guess it's discipline situation .

Nail on the head Bobbo, and it starts with the manager and coaching staff.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

filham

Well I tend to support the action but Fulham are no worse than others, who else have been noticed.

Logicalman

Quote from: filham on January 16, 2023, 10:04:32 PM
Well I tend to support the action but Fulham are no worse than others, who else have been noticed.

Good point. It's hard to clean up footie when some teams are treated like the pigs in Animal Farm.

H4usuallysitting

Will the Arsenal manager get fined for throwing the ball away, or the Arsenal substitute entering the field of play in his training top to kick the ball get fined

toshes mate

I agree that there is too much ill discipline in the game but it isn't as if it suddenly happened this season.  Discipline has been on that same decline as has the competency of referees and their assistants.  We already knew that consistency went out the window when box ticking began.  As Logicalman lists in #11 there are so many seemingly silly things that referees cannot be arsed to do, presumably because their bosses are not really intent on things or them actually getting better.   VAR has just aggravated an already serious deficiency and made it worse.

If referees were fit for purpose then surely the ill discipline that was seen from the home side in our most recent match would be subject to post game charges by the PL every time it happened until it stopped or so rule breaches only apply to some clubs?  The game is either corrupt from top down, there are a bunch of idiots in charge, or both.d

HamsterWheel

I'm happy we got charged. For too long Fulham were far too nice and other teams exploited it. If you can't beat them, join them.

Ronnief

Surely if players step beyond the mark the referee has the option to book one or several players at the time. Why did the referee not book any Fulham player at the time?
The actions when we were awarded a penalty which Mitro double kicked, by Newcastle were completely wrong and the ref again took no action.
Referees should be prepared to take appropriate action at the time by booking or even sending off players. Dissent, encroachment at free kicks, holding at corners/ free kicks, wasting time and harassment of Refs, et al, will soon stop.
Stop pussy footing about Refs book the wrong doers, whichever team even Man Utd and Liverpool.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Ronnief on January 18, 2023, 10:18:12 AM
Surely if players step beyond the mark the referee has the option to book one or several players at the time. Why did the referee not book any Fulham player at the time?
The actions when we were awarded a penalty which Mitro double kicked, by Newcastle were completely wrong and the ref again took no action.
Referees should be prepared to take appropriate action at the time by booking or even sending off players. Dissent, encroachment at free kicks, holding at corners/ free kicks, wasting time and harassment of Refs, et al, will soon stop.
Stop pussy footing about Refs book the wrong doers, whichever team even Man Utd and Liverpool.

Just to correct, the referee did take action against Newcastle, as he gave Pope a yellow card.