watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Spurs there for for the taking?

Started by Snibbo, January 20, 2023, 01:06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snibbo

Tempting fate I know but their defence looks really shaky, granted they were up against City. Lloris seems to have totally lost confidence,  the left-hand side looks  weak. Conte looks like a man with a serious hangover.

Blawarmy

Quote from: Snibbo on January 20, 2023, 01:06:51 AM
Tempting fate I know but their defence looks really shaky, granted they were up against City. Lloris seems to have totally lost confidence,  the left-hand side looks  weak. Conte looks like a man with a serious hangover.
City's defence was shambolic in the 1st half.  Also Holberg should have been red carded for stamping. But yeah. They're there for the taking.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Pluto

We need to be looking for three points from this one definitely

RaySmith

I think this will be a tough game, Spurs will be very motivated to get a result, and they have  some top players.
But I obviously hope  for a Fulham win.
COYW!

Mr White

Keep Kane and son quiet and 3 points are ours.

Thailand Mick

In the first game against spurs I thought they were the team that caused us the most problems 11 verses 11 this season. On another day they could have beaten us heavily but the fine margins were correctly on our side. They are a wounded animal after last night and are unlikely to repeat that calamitous defensive display against us. I would have preferred them to lose one nil to a worldy goal and hope they take us for granted. Let's hope like buses there performances come along in two's.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Quote from: Thailand Mick on January 20, 2023, 07:56:36 AM
In the first game against spurs I thought they were the team that caused us the most problems 11 verses 11 this season. On another day they could have beaten us heavily but the fine margins were correctly on our side. They are a wounded animal after last night and are unlikely to repeat that calamitous defensive display against us. I would have preferred them to lose one nil to a worldy goal and hope they take us for granted. Let's hope like buses there performances come along in two's.

Well said!

General

Was at the away game and they dominated us quite readily. They've had a poor run of results and unlike the Newcastle game we've had a week to refresh. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. At the cottage we're a strong team but we've not beaten any of the teams above us. Fingers crossed they have a poor game again. We go upto 5th if we beat them, which would be quite something as we'd have played the same number of games.

Going to be a tough match though.

Got an eye also on the Chelsea match after at Stamford Bridge. Chelsea keep buying up wingers in this transfer window.

bencher

They play a fairly low block and then try to hit you on the counter, which I think does not really suit us. On the other hand they can be got at in terms of pressing their keeper and back five when building from the back. Three at the back to mark Mitro so we'd need to get decent support into the box, something we also don't always manage well. It will be interesting though.

StuinSalop

The fact that this game could go either way shows how far we have come.  I would take a draw but, yes we could beat them.

Marcus

Absolutely, the fact we are even talking about beating them is manna from heaven compared to our last couple of sojourns... to have been safe, realistically rather than mathematically, before half the season was even played is beyond our wildest dreams...

H4usuallysitting

Yep....we can sign Mahrez this afternoon

davew

Quote from: StuinSalop on January 20, 2023, 08:50:26 AM
The fact that this game could go either way shows how far we have come.  I would take a draw but, yes we could beat them.
+1
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Cobh Fulham Fan

Yes, we could beat them.  So some say they will be fired up and determined not to repeat the same mistakes against us, and that might true, But equally you could argue that they are psychologically wounded and vulnerable to be taken.

It is one of those games that could either way and a wee bit of luck for either side could decide it.   So should we be going for a win or a draw?  ha, ha,........   we are not in 6th place by accident and its a very small jump to make it to 5th!  049:gif

filham

Spurs will start as favourites and really should win but we will be in there fighting and hopefully put up another great team performance with the chance of a Mitro goal that will give us a chance of picking up a point or three.

I couldn't have written anything as optimistic as that the last time we met at the Cottage in the Premier League.

perry geyton

Really looking forward to this game,
Monday nighter always a cracker

WindyCity

I too am really looking forward to this game. Being at home FFC and followers should be looking for three points.  There for the taking?  It won't be quite that easy.  FFC will need to be at their best to win this game.  The problem with playing top clubs like this is that they have a plethora of great players.  Even on an off night or in a close game any one of these players can break your heart.  But, that is the challenge, and I'm sure MS and the lads will have a game plan in the offing.  It's great though that we can have these sort of discussions about a game against a top/big club with positive expectations, shows how far FFC have come!  COYW!

alfie

Quote from: WindyCity on January 20, 2023, 03:44:56 PM
I too am really looking forward to this game. Being at home FFC and followers should be looking for three points.  There for the taking?  It won't be quite that easy.  FFC will need to be at their best to win this game.  The problem with playing top clubs like this is that they have a plethora of great players.  Even on an off night or in a close game any one of these players can break your heart.  But, that is the challenge, and I'm sure MS and the lads will have a game plan in the offing.  It's great though that we can have these sort of discussions about a game against a top/big club with positive expectations, shows how far FFC have come!  COYW!
We've got 1 or 2 players that can break their hearts.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

WindyCity

Quote from: alfie on January 20, 2023, 03:51:42 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on January 20, 2023, 03:44:56 PM
We've got 1 or 2 players that can break their hearts.

Copy that

St Eve

I fully expect to win this. Silence Kane and keep attacking. Their defence is horrendous. Also Conte is a dead man walking