News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are Premier League referees trying to ruin football?

Started by Nick Bateman, January 20, 2023, 03:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

It seems every match there is controversy but there is a pattern to follow. The FA & Premier League under the financial auspices of Sky's billions have decided to make Arsenal win the league. Therefore any team that can thwart their title dreams must be stopped.

When Manchester City faltered dropping points to their rivals Manchester United, the FA appointed newcomer Robert Jones for United's away match against Crystal Palace. The previous Palace game they were penalised 17 times away to Chelsea and had 5 outfield players booked and the manager Patrick Vieira who was not happy post match.

So Palace were due a favourable ref in the FA's twisted evening things up, and Jones awarded several dangerous free kicks on the edge of United's box and failed to spot a clear and obvious penalty, which strangely VAR also did not correct. These decisions cost Utd the game and one now sees Arsenal's favourite official Anthony Taylor has been given the forthcoming tie against Man U on Sunday.

Fulham will remember Robert Jones in the Newcastle game where he could only see one team, and as a career ref he wants to become the next Anthony Taylor, a corrupt referee who is lauded by the media even though most football fans see Taylor as one of the worst officials ever.  His performances in the recent World Cup were embarassing and I for one was glad when he was sent home or FIFA's prized tournament would have been spoilt by a bad referee!

Fulham and Spurs are invariably out of any title challenge but the top 4 slots are still in contention. In the Financial Fair Play of things, being in the Champions' League is worth four times more than the Europa. Cheslea are being allowed to flaunt the FFP as they have been in the Champs League and have staggered their overspend in the transfer window in instalments. Therefore Chelsea will be allowed to spend much more than Fulham according to this most unfair monetary confinement.

I am not liking this dishonest system using referees (and VAR) to jockey certain clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool, to false positions while their opponents and unfancied clubs like Fulham are deliberately given the worst standards of officiating. Wooly Mammoth said on this forum that was intentionally courrpt and I also hold this view.

I don't know about you but I am not enjoying how football is becoming a farce, managed and perverted by bent administrators who are spoiling the enjoyment of many football supporters.
084.gif
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Rupert

I had no idea you could change the font colour. Thnks for posting this, Nick.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Mince n Tatties

What do you mean "Trying".
They have ruined it.😃

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

H4usuallysitting

Been going on since big dough entered football....bit like the world cup final..... Mbappe v Messi... It was a PSG (Qatar) love in

Andy S

I think that VAR is helping to ruin football as referees and Lino's no longer feel that they need to make a decision as VAR will make it for them. If VAR gets it wrong it's not their fault. They are just looking to keep themselves from contraversary

toshes mate

If there is a decent referee left in the football and premier league hierarchy then I would be most surprised.  Is there a conspiracy?  In my humble opinion there is no one within football authority with an IQ sufficiently large (i.e. 80 or above) to think up a workable conspiracy.  What we are increasingly seeing is a pale imitation of a once beautiful game destroyed by greed and dishonesty at all levels.