News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ok lads, its showtime - Which one of our current squad do you like the best?

Started by Somerset Fulham, January 22, 2023, 09:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somerset Fulham

It doesn't have to be for pure footballing reasons, it can be for any reason really.

Away you go.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

SP

I couldn't pick a favourite but Neeskens deserves great credit for fighting for his place & fully deserving it.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: SP on January 22, 2023, 09:22:07 PM
I couldn't pick a favourite but Neeskens deserves great credit for fighting for his place & fully deserving it.

This is the sh't I'm talking about!

I have huge love for Tim and the Captain for kind of the same reasons too, but for me its Bobby.  I always knew there was a footballer there and a really bloody good one too, I am so pleased that he is now blossoming.  As with all of the current squad, he also seems to be a really nice guy off of the pitch too.

Special mention to Mitro who I find genuinely funny whenever he gives an interview. The bond between him and Cairney is clearly a really bloody good one.

Forever Fulham

We could pick any number of five or six key players and would be right for different reasons.  Having said that, though, our keeper quietly stands on his head most games and doesn't get the COMPARATIVE appreciation he deserves.  Think about all of the terrific saves he's made.  Where would we be without him?

SerbianLad

Apart from Mitro(who is the reason I started supporting, well him and Jokanovic), I'd go for Kenny Tete. He seems like such a chill guy and also he's a terrific footballer, severely underrated by many too (not so much Fulham fans who are all aware of his qualities, but by opposition fans).

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Twig

I'd probably go for TC from the current squad, his attitude since becoming a super sub has been exemplary as have his performances.  The recently departed Dennis Odoi was a big favourite, lovely man who I had the pleasure of meeting and so positive and adaptable.
From the past I loved Louis Bo's passion and he was another one I had the pleasure to meet and admired.
One more would have to be Simon Morgan. An absolute bloody hero.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Twig on January 22, 2023, 09:55:37 PM

One more would have to be Simon Morgan. An absolute bloody hero.

All of your post was of course right, but this more than any of the rest.  What an absolute titan that guy was for us.

Carborundum

Bobby Decordova-Reid.  Must be a pleasure to play with. Unselfish, pulls opponents away to make space, will happily play a wide range of positions.  Diving and various other antics never seem to feature in his game.  Pretty much the best footballer he could possibly be achieved through hard work.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

BDR for me also. Long Fulham tenure, plays several positions well, never seems to get injured, often popping up with important plays, and is part of the core that sets the example for players when they join the club, seemingly along with Ream, TC, Reed & others. A player who is always odds-on to lose his place in the team to "more talented" newcomers, but rarely does.

RAY Rock ????

Kenny T when fit has been exceptional as has Robinson.
Ream is playing very well but it has a lot to do with the way we play Pereira pressing from the front and Palhinha screening in front of him has helped him no end.

perry geyton

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 22, 2023, 09:09:26 PM
It doesn't have to be for pure footballing reasons, it can be for any reason really.

Away you go.

When you say "Like the best" and "It doesn't have to be "For pure footballing reasons"
What are you implying      ??   
In that case, none of them.
But,  Cairney and Reeeeaam
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Also, Tete might be one of the more underrated players in the prem. He's played a big part in many victories during this and past years.

Sting of the North

Tough to only pick one. In general, probably leaning more towards players that have been here for a while. Quite naturally I believe. So, TC, Ream, Mitro, Kebano are all up there. Also agree with Tete (CL level fullback, and great character) and BDR (he's looked quality since day one and just keeps improving). Really miss Odoi, and Sessegnon (what a story he was, if you think about it).

If I had to pick one, it is TC. The combination of time spent at the club, apparent care for FFC, professionalism, playing style, talent and key moments is hard to beat. Hope he stays for many more years and gets to play at least a little more.

Palhinha will probably be up there with the others if we can keep him for a few years.

TC's Sporran

tc for me. in the days where players come and go and loyalty seems a thing of the past he seems to want to be here and not up and away chasing the money. totally different personality but i like mitro and always imagine he is one moment away from explosion or implosion and is on the verge of something crazy.

Jim©

I actually think this squad is one of the most likeable we've had for a long time.
Mitro makes me smile all the time (except when standing over a pen), Ream is a classy fella on and off the pitch, TC is a good pro and able captain (despite loads blaming him in the past for not being captain material), Palhinha is a beast but a seemingly very gentle type off the pitch. I could go on, loads of good to say about all of them!