watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kane

Started by Ludlow Richard, January 24, 2023, 10:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludlow Richard

If you want to see how the BBC goes completely over the top at a record being equalled, have a look at the BBC Sport website which is drooling over Kane's achievement in matching a record. God knows what the BBC will do when/if he actually breaks the record. Spontaneously implode, I would guess.

Sgt Fulham

Give him some credit, he's pure class.

Ludlow Richard

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on January 24, 2023, 10:59:34 AM

Not saying he's not a class act. Just saying he has not done anything yet apart from equal a record. I suggest that the time for the BBC and others to celebrate is when he goes beyond Jimmy Greaves, not matches him.

Jamie88

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on January 24, 2023, 11:15:28 AM

Not saying he's not a class act. Just saying he has not done anything yet apart from equal a record. I suggest that the time for the BBC and others to celebrate is when he goes beyond Jimmy Greaves, not matches him.

Is that not an incredible achievement then? 'Not done anything yet apart from equalling a record' . Another way of saying it is that no other player in the history of the club has scored more goals than him. That's pretty impressive I'd say.

Carborundum

Brllliant footballer.  Sometimes I can put partisan feelings aside and simply admire extravagantly good play.  Harry Kane's goal and Almiron's finish earlier in the season's are in that category. 

alfie

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on January 24, 2023, 11:15:28 AM

If that was Mitro we would all be wanting the same.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

rusty shackleford

And yet he will never win a thing as long as he stays there

Twig

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on January 24, 2023, 10:57:47 AM
If you want to see how the BBC goes completely over the top at a record being equalled, have a look at the BBC Sport website which is drooling over Kane's achievement in matching a record. God knows what the BBC will do when/if he actually breaks the record. Spontaneously implode, I would guess.

Seems like a bit of unnecessary Beeb bashing. Kane's shown loyalty to Spuds and becoming their joint top scorer is definitely quite an achievement.

FFC1987

Quote from: Twig on January 24, 2023, 12:32:07 PM
Quote from: Ludlow Richard on January 24, 2023, 10:57:47 AM

Seems like a bit of unnecessary Beeb bashing. Kane's shown loyalty to Spuds and becoming their joint top scorer is definitely quite an achievement.

Great achievement but when you consider players of far less quality and tally up whose had the better career....Kane currently won't be spoken very highly of to be honest. Prior to the France England game, there was a career match up between Kane and Giroud. I like Giroud, but Kane is and will always be the far better striker IMO but Giroud has had simply an incredible career and Kane.....single club sentiment aside, hasn't.

StuinSalop

Kane was the difference last night. Needs to move to a better team.

elgreenio

I thought Spurs knocked off a couple of goals on their record and he actually needs two more?

Still, not sure i've ever seen a player have so few touches of the ball and with man of the match
touch my camera through the fence

fulhamfan

you cant let him shoot from there, it was criminal

WindyCity

Quote from: fulhamfan on January 24, 2023, 03:05:19 PM

Maybe so, Kane doing what Kane does, but I though Leno should have done much better.  Was left flat footed in middle of net.  Didn't even make lunging dive for a possible save.  Leno very instrumental in our last two wins, but thought he could have done better on Kane.  Just my humble opinion of course.......

RaySmith

Quote from: WindyCity on January 24, 2023, 04:03:51 PM

Maybe so, Kane doing what Kane does, but I though Leno should have done much better.  Was left flat footed in middle of net.  Didn't even make lunging dive for a possible save.  Leno very instrumental in our last two wins, but thought he could have done better on Kane.  Just my humble opinion of course.......

I thought he maybe should have saved it, he wasn't far off, just crept past him - but it didn't seem that hard a shot. He wasn't expecting it.

Great skill from Kane though, made a bit of space for himself, then, unexpectedly,  placed it from distance with minimal backlift.

alfie

Quote from: RaySmith on January 24, 2023, 04:12:17 PM

I thought he maybe should have saved it, he wasn't far off, just crept past him - but it didn't seem that hard a shot. He wasn't expecting it.

Great skill from Kane though, made a bit of space for himself, then, unexpectedly,  placed it from distance with minimal backlift.
I believe he was also unsighted.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Alec of good Stock

Decent, but not as good as Ivor. :003:

Andy S

You cannot knock Kane he didn't do much else but his goal was the difference between the teams

Cambridge Away

Yes, i would have preferred Mitro to have equaled/bettered him last night, like he did with Toney, but he didn't.
Kane is indeed class. How people can slag our national captain is pretty sad. He may not have won anything, but came close with Spurs for the Champs League (as we did as an un-fancied team in the Europa). Why slag a man for loyalty with his first club? Was Johnny Haynes poo because he played for us and won nothing?  He also come very close to winning something for us as a nation and I still have hope he will come good for with a cup. It's been great watching the teams he captains for England and i am proud he is an England player.   

Nick Bateman

Quote from: alfie on January 24, 2023, 05:37:37 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on January 24, 2023, 04:12:17 PM

I believe he was also unsighted.

You said everything about Kane needed to say Cambridge, Sgt.Fulham and most others in this thread. How Kane didn't win FOTY when he won Golden Boot & Golden Assist was criminal from the FA. I thought last night would be a duel between him and Mitrovich but Mitro was under par (again) as was the team.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Steeeeeeeeeed

Bayern Munich lost today, now 16 points behind the leaders in the Bundesliga with just 6 games to go.

Looks like Harry won't be winning anything again this season (still in the Champions League I guess, but don't think they will be for long).