watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tim Ream

Started by StuinSalop, January 24, 2023, 12:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StuinSalop

Has been amazing this season but looked a little slow to move things forward last night. Maybe the season World Cup etc catching up on him a bit. Don't get me wrong I am not saying he needs replacing but a few weeks rest could do him good. Spurs did not allow any space in front of Tim which made life difficult.  More of a thought than a statement.  If Tosin wants out then sell for good money and start to groom a younger quicker Tim to play next to Diop next season.

Arthur

I thought the back four all played excellent games last night - which includes Ream, of course. I could understand were Marco to rest him this Saturday, but I don't think an extended break of several weeks is merited. It would more likely be to the team's detriment than to Ream's benefit, in my opinion.

StuinSalop

Quote from: Arthur on January 24, 2023, 01:10:56 PM
I thought the back four all played excellent games last night - which includes Ream, of course. I could understand were Marco to rest him this Saturday, but I don't think an extended break of several weeks is merited. It would more likely be to the team's detriment than to Ream's benefit, in my opinion.

My observation at the game was our distribution esp Tim was slower than it normally is. Quite possibly down to Spurs closing the space in front for our back 4.

Twig

Quote from: StuinSalop on January 24, 2023, 02:47:18 PM

My observation at the game was our distribution esp Tim was slower than it normally is. Quite possibly down to Spurs closing the space in front for our back 4.

I think that the way Spurs were set up to keep so many players behind the ball left Ream and Diop with fewer outball opportunities than usual and that may have contributed to their slight hesitancy in getting the ball forward.

WindyCity

My observation also, thought back four were very good including Ream.  Kane doing what Kane does, tough to defend against.  I thought they shut him down for most of the game excepting the goal of course.  No complaints about Ream/back four from me.

H4usuallysitting

Spud's parked the bus in the second half....first half they couldn't cope with us

Stueyd

The Back 5 were all excellent last night and showed how solid we are now. Spurs having to park the bus showed how far we have come.

FishaPrice

Spurs left very few gaps when we were in possession. Each time Ream/Diop had the ball, I was scanning the field for open players and realized that they were so well positioned and cut out the passing lanes. Palhinha had to sprint into little pockets just to provide an outlet.

Benny

Spurs were quick to close us down at the back last night, Robinson got rumbled a few times too

Mr White

Simple, we were done by Kane's opportunism,totally outplayed them in the first half. If we had gone in even we would of beat 'em.

toshes mate

Of all the players in the current team I would put Tim Ream in the 'True Professional' camp.  He is prepared and capable for ninety plus minutes in every game for Club or Country.  He is so professional that I would entrust him to go up to his boss and say, without mincing words, 'I cannot do this anymore'.  I also believe that Tim has that magical and silent ability to inspire others to reach for that same professional height which allows coaches to coach and players to play.

We were beaten by an opportunistic shot which, on any other night, could have been easily saved or gone wide.  Of course I am prepared for others to say Kane is a genius etc.  Each to their own ...

filham

Tim was his usual self on Monday but the Spurs organisation limited his build up play.
He should take a well deserved rest against Sunderland to make sure he is fully fit for the Chelsea match.

Chutney

Spurs parked the bus, it was hard to find a pass forwards, they had 11 men behind the ball for the majority of the second half.
C O Y W

Jim©

I thought him, Diop and the full backs were excellent against a very expensively assembled spurs.
They had very few chances and whilst you point Ream out for letting Kane turn and shoot, you kind of want cf's to shoot from there.
Kane, whatever we think of him, is just about world class, so not the worst thing getting beat by him.

Ream is just an exceptional professional as mentioned by others and fully deserves the praise (and place in the team) that he's getting at the moment.

DadCreature

We learned that Harry Kane is a better center-forward than Tim Ream is a centerback.  I think we all already knew that.  What surprised me was how close it actually was.  Tim didn't have much to work with all night, but neither did Harry.

RaySmith

Quote from: Jim© on January 25, 2023, 09:51:53 AM
I thought him, Diop and the full backs were excellent against a very expensively assembled spurs.
They had very few chances and whilst you point Ream out for letting Kane turn and shoot, you kind of want cf's to shoot from there.
Kane, whatever we think of him, is just about world class, so not the worst thing getting beat by him.

Ream is just an exceptional professional as mentioned by others and fully deserves the praise (and place in the team) that he's getting at the moment.

I didn't think Tim 'let him' turn and shoot - he tracked him across, but Kane moved that bit further away from him, creating a space, and in that moment, turned and shot shot -
which I don't think anyone expected - but, as you say, you're usually happy for attackers to shoot from distance, and it was bit of speculative shot, really, but the fact that it went just inside the post, made it look brilliantly judged
- but Leno almost got to it - the shot didn't seem that hard.

Apart from that  Ream, Diop and other Fulham defenders did well in restricting the threat of Kane, Son and the rest of them, who have the ability to tear defences apart.

I thought Ream continues to impress, and doesn't look tired or in need of a rest to me.

Arthur

After seeing the highlights, I think Kane was being watched initially by Diop who then passed the Spurs striker onto Tim in readiness to address the threat of an advancing Spurs midfield player with the ball. In the second (and that's all it was) that Tim needed to get tight to Kane after Diop relinquished responsibility, the ball was played into Kane - and he used the yard of space in which he found himself to devastating effect. Leno didn't almost get it; so well-executed was the shot, he didn't even move.

I don't think anyone should be criticised (it was an outstanding finish, in my opinion). If responsibility for allowing Kane to shoot has to be apportioned, however, Ream and Diop share it equally, I say.

Marcus

Conte is the most dreadful manager... if he was English, everyine would be saying he is another Allardyce or Dyche... he gets away with it because his names end in vowels, and his team has a very thick fanbase...

RaySmith

Quote from: Arthur on January 25, 2023, 08:50:26 PM
After seeing the highlights, I think Kane was being watched initially by Diop who then passed the Spurs striker onto Tim in readiness to address the threat of an advancing Spurs midfield player with the ball. In the second (and that's all it was) that Tim needed to get tight to Kane after Diop relinquished responsibility, the ball was played into Kane - and he used the yard of space in which he found himself to devastating effect. Leno didn't almost get it; so well-executed was the shot, he didn't even move.

I don't think anyone should be criticised (it was an outstanding finish, in my opinion). If responsibility for allowing Kane to shoot has to be apportioned, however, Ream and Diop share it equally, I say.

Watching it again, it was a great goal. Kane moved at pace away from Ream, who stuck out a desperate foot, but Kane had a clear view of goal - a lot of space to Leno's left, who'd been anticipating a shot to his right, looked up and put it hard in there, and Leno hardly moved, went down on his knees, but had no chance.

I wouldn't blame Diop , Ream or Leno - it was a moment of brilliance - speed of movement and thought, but Ream and Diop did well to restrict him and Son with shots on goal, and Leno was  very important in keeping Spurs out, as usual.

Carborundum

Harry Kane must have scored at least seven goals against us during Tim Ream's time at Fulham.  Remarkable given how many of those seasons we were in the Championship. It was absolutely no surprise that Kane spent an evening loitering by Tim Ream and scored.  But on this occasion, I'd be hard pushed to blame Tim Ream, it was a fantastic goal.