Previous topic - Next topic

Jim©

So, just over half a season gone and wondered:

1) Player of the season so far
2) Surprise of the season so far
3) Disappointment of the season so far
4) Who you'd like to see more of in the 2nd half of season

1) Ream just pips Mitro to this one for me
2) Toss up between Robinson (who has improved a lot since some of the slatings last season) and Willian who has just been way better than I thought
3) Wilson- injury came at a terrible time but expected a lot from him after last year
4) Soloman looks exciting and after keeping Mudryk out of the team at Shaktar, obviously has some pedigree

Sammyffc

1 - Joao for me, just shored up our midfield
2 - Robinson for your exact points
3 - Wilson, injury aside every time he comes on i feel like he offers absolutely nothing
4 - Soloman!

hovewhite

1 Ream
2 Andreas
3 James( very poor)
4 solomon

Sgt Fulham

1) Palhinha, Mitro, Leno, in that order
2) Andreas, Ream, Robinson
3) James, Wilson, Mbabu
4) Solomon

Lots of other players worth mentioning, such as Willian and Reed, but Tete always fills me with confidence.

SerbianLad

1) Tough one, would have gone for Mitro had he been available for more games, but because of his injury troubles Palhinha is my pick(honorable mentions for Ream, Tete and Leno).

2) Willian, I thought he'd be decent, but certainly didn't expect him to be this good.

3)Mbabu for me is by far the biggest disappointment

4) Solomon is the obvious pick here.

Whitestone

1) Palhinha
2) Ream
3) Mbabu
4) Solomon

FFCBadger

1-Palhinha
2-Bobby De Cordova Reid - done exactly what has been of asked of him and much more irrespective of position played
3-Wilson
4-Solomon

terryr

1. Palhinha
2. Willian
3. Wilson
4. Solomon

HamsterWheel

1. Palhinha. Enjoy every second of him before he's snaffled by a massive club.
2. Reammmm - such confidence this season, proved all the "Not Prem quality" doubters wrong.
3. the Refs - was hoping for a better standard in the Prem, but not so far
4. Solomon - hope he gets to show why Shaktar were grouchy at his departure.

Jim©

Quote from: HamsterWheel on January 25, 2023, 04:55:11 PM
1. Palhinha. Enjoy every second of him before he's snaffled by a massive club.
2. Reammmm - such confidence this season, proved all the "Not Prem quality" doubters wrong.
3. the Refs - was hoping for a better standard in the Prem, but not so far
4. Solomon - hope he gets to show why Shaktar were grouchy at his departure.

Your point 3 is very valid, completely agree

Lambo

Palhinha

Ream/Mitrovic - joint award

Wilson

Solomon

bigalffc

1 Palinha
2 Willian
3 James
4 Solomon
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

DadCreature

1.  Leno (but there are so many you can vote for here)
2.  Ream.  That's a no-brainer. 
3.  Chalobah. Has anyone else disappointed so much in so little time?
4.  Solomon. 

ffcthereligion

1) Joao
2) Ream
3) Wilson
4) Solomon

fulhamfan

Leno

Ream

Chalobah

Solomon

Free Elvis Hammond

1. Palhinha has transformed us. Last season's midfield meant we played some wacky gung-ho stuff and was great to watch, but had no solidity

2. Ream - didn't think he had the pace for the top flight, especially in a high defensive line and playing out from the back

3. Can only be Wilson's drop off in form really, but Kebano's injury was a huge disappointment of a different kind

4. Cairney. Doubt he has the legs but we use the ball so much better when he plays instead of Reed

General

1. Joao Palhinha, he's been a breath of fresh air. Got people on their feet applauding him for his performance against Man Utd (how often do people do that for a DM), without him we'd be on the other side of the table. Honourable mention to Kenny Tete, he's been phenomenal this season and shown the league what we knew. On his day, when free from injury he's a beast. Can't believe Lyon let both him and Andersen go in the same summer.

2. Ream - he looked composed in the championship but its the championship. Something clicked though at some point and he looks like a top Premier league CB, he's gone through a transformation and I didn't see it coming or expect it. Fully deserved but whatever happened he needs to teach it to others because as Pep Guardiola said - if he was 24 and playing like this he'd be at Man City. Honourable mention for Pereira who's heart I thought wouldn't be in it after leaving flamengo and who had never proven himself in the premiership or really got out of utds reserves. Has been a breath of fresh air.

3. Tosin - he came and did so well for us, had this calmness and ability to pass and bring the ball out from the back. Don't know what's happened but he seems to be a lesser player this season and I just keep seeing him make simple mistakes and getting caught out. I've rated him highly and was hoping and expecting him to kick on. I want to see him acknowledge the arrival of reams form and Diop as a challenge to step up a gear as I think he's more than capable of becoming a top defender. Had no expectations for Chalobah, or Dan James both of whom have performed as expected (maybe a bit less from James than expected) and Wilson has been out injured and getting fitness back whilst competing against top players for wing positions so none of that is a disappointment.

4. Manor Solomon - he's young, seems to have a great dribble on him and the ability to get past a man. Gutted he went off injured for so long in the first game but looks to be an exciting player, hopefully will add that extra dynamism and threat up front. When I see his highlights or when he gets the ball in matches my eyes widen and I get tangibly excited to see what he's capable of. Fingers crossed its justified.

Surlyc

1. Palhinha (2nd place: Leno)
2. Ream (2nd place: Willian)
3. James (2nd place: Wilson)
4. Solomon (2nd place: Pereira, I want to see us score a direct free kick!)

Another possible category would be most improved. Robinson has improved so much this season and while it is not a total surprise, it certainly is remarkable. The combination of Robinson/Willian has delivered a lot of points for us this season and Robinson just looks so comfortable at PL level.

Syd Cupp

1) Player of the season so far Joao Palhinha

2) Surprise of the season so far Andreas Pereira (was thinking cheekily that we still got Chalobah and Onomah)

3) Disappointment of the season so far Mbabu / James

4) Who you'd like to see more of in the 2nd half of season Manor Soloman