more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tete

Started by SerbianLad, January 25, 2023, 09:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerbianLad

https://mobile.twitter.com/Matchday365/status/1618335947019681793
Incredible stat that! He's quite underrated by a lot of people(non Fulham fans especially), but he's been one of our best and most important players this season. I can't remember the last time he had a bad game. Such a consistent performer.

Bassey the warrior

Extraordinary, even better than Palhinha I'll bet. What a player he is.

Tabby

I think he is about as good a defensive RB as you can get. His crossing has been pretty good this season as well.

Hope that opponents stop trying to break his leg though. Been a couple of scares recently.

Hugh Gentry

Great stat and doesn't surprise me at all, our full backs are critical to the way we play, their ability to recover quickly if we lose possession and in Kenny's case in particular his ability to close down once he gets goals side.

Love our full backs

General

This may be a step far as he's obviously rated by some but I'd be tempted to say he's our most underrated player. He is SO solid and good defensively. A steal.

HV71

Quote from: General on January 26, 2023, 08:39:12 AM
This may be a step far as he's obviously rated by some but I'd be tempted to say he's our most underrated player. He is SO solid and good defensively. A steal.

Could not agree more. It's been said many times - but he really does love a tackle and is very good at it. Going forward his crosses are very good ( best in the team for me ) . His attitude is also first rate - yes he is prone to injury but his style of play is uncompromising and he often gets taken out by the opposition . Great player

ffcthereligion

Best right back we've had (in my time) I think. Good on and off the ball, good aggression, good crossing, adequate speed. Only thing is slightly injury prone. I was amazed when our fickle fans started saying they prefer Neco Williams last season. Proof if now in the pudding that he is championship level, can't get in Forest's team ahead of Aurier

Free Elvis Hammond

I love his gait - flappy arms, looks like he's losing his balance, then somehow glides away with the ball

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: ffcthereligion on January 26, 2023, 10:14:31 AM
Best right back we've had (in my time) I think. Good on and off the ball, good aggression, good crossing, adequate speed. Only thing is slightly injury prone. I was amazed when our fickle fans started saying they prefer Neco Williams last season. Proof if now in the pudding that he is championship level, can't get in Forest's team ahead of Aurier

Agree, 100%.

Surlyc

To give those fans some cover, I think we should consider Tete's injury issues. When Tete is fit he's a top tier RB, but he's never played more than 70% of games in a season at any point in his career.

All that said, Tete is a great player for us and long may that continue!

Sgt Fulham

Absolutely love him and hope he retires at Fulham. Agree, best RB in my time as a Fulham fan when fit.

LC

Quote from: Surlyc on January 26, 2023, 12:16:21 PM
To give those fans some cover, I think we should consider Tete's injury issues. When Tete is fit he's a top tier RB, but he's never played more than 70% of games in a season at any point in his career.

All that said, Tete is a great player for us and long may that continue!

I think he's over those injuries now. I've seen at least 5 tackles on him since he's been back that I thought, 'damn, that might have broke something'- but he got back up and carried on playing. He's certainly not made of glass, I think he might have just been unlucky. Anyway, he looks super fit at the moment and hopefully that continues

Pluto

I don't think it's a coincidence that he's always the one on the receiving end of the worst challenges either. He is tenacious and gives them absolutely no space to operate in. I imagine that is a nightmare to play against. They lose their patience and end up diving in on him.

hovewhite

The best in my Lifetime by a country mile.

Dodgin

Quote from: hovewhite on January 26, 2023, 01:50:18 PM

As I've lived a bit longer, I'll go for George. Not to say that Kenny isn't class.

bencher

He's a terrific full back that combines the best of the traditional full back and the modern wing-back; with perhaps just a bit of criticism for his shooting. His left foot shot and cross is a bit of a swinger really.
I also really liked Sascha Riether in his first season and Steve Finnan.

Arthur

I'll happily add my name to this thread of admirers. Superb defender.

Colton F.C.

Possibly the same folk that plumped for Mbabu after 10 minutes and that assist.

bobbo

Quote from: Dodgin on January 26, 2023, 02:20:45 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on January 26, 2023, 01:50:18 PM

As I've lived a bit longer, I'll go for George. Not to say that Kenny isn't class.
yeah George for me too and Paul Parker wasnt too shabby either . But along with others I rate him highly .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Colton F.C.

Quote from: Free Elvis Hammond on January 26, 2023, 10:43:23 AM
I love his gait - flappy arms, looks like he's losing his balance, then somehow glides away with the ball

Ah flappy arms  :yay:. Thats how George Cohen used to play, arms going everywhere.  Why hasn't the statue got flappy arms?