more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A nice Pat Roberts interview on the offal: Merged

Started by General, January 27, 2023, 11:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/january/26/roberts-fulham-return/

He's been on quite the journey since he left us, obviously got the move to Man City which didn't work out before a couple of years of success at Celtic and then becoming a journeyman before settling at Sunderland in the Championship where he is now and who we'll see him play for in our next fixture.

He seems like he's grown up a lot and is pretty level headed about the experiences and where he's at, and most importantly he seems to be doing well at Sunderland now, which is good to see.

Hope he gets a warm reception. Left admittedly too early and in a slightly pre-madonna manner, but each to their own. He had talent, but perhaps let it get to his head too much at the time.

H4usuallysitting

Isn't he still a Man C player.... shame he went, but I think he's realised that now

Surlyc

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 27, 2023, 12:44:39 PM
Isn't he still a Man C player.... shame he went, but I think he's realised that now
I think he moved to Sunderland permanently last summer. Strange to think it's seven and a half years since he left, his career definitely has not gone to plan.

Black, White and Fred

Got confused when I saw the title and the ought we had resigned him  :005:
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Pluto

I believe he's been playing quite well for them. Would be nice for him to be able to rebuild his career and get a proper chance in the premier league one day. He had the talent. Who knows what might have happened if he'd stayed with us.

Bassey the warrior

He was another example of a precocious talent that never kicked on with his career, either because he believed his own hype or he wasn't given the right support or a bit of both. Hopefully, he ends up at the top eventually.

RAY Rock ????

He was the best youngster I have ever seen live . Unfortunately Manchester City ruined him by loaning him out every season . I am glad he is back knuckling down and enjoying his football again good luck to him but not tomorrow

Huxley

Rarely does a footballers career go to plan. Just look at Hary Kane who almost got sold as he was not deemed good enough for Spurs and now one of the world's best striker, or the countless number of 15 year old wonderkids that are now playing their trade in obscure teams of the 6th division across the continent. He's had probably earnt more than most English players his age and still playing at high level. His downfall is probably that he stopped growing and lacked an opposite foot. You need to be pretty special at his hight to make it at the elite level.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Pluto on January 27, 2023, 01:31:53 PM
I believe he's been playing quite well for them. Would be nice for him to be able to rebuild his career and get a proper chance in the premier league one day. He had the talent. Who knows what might have happened if he'd stayed with us.
Indeed he has and what is most interesting (to me at least) is that in the clips I've seen of him he sometimes plays as a number 10 - so not on the right wing as he so often has done, predictably cutting in and shooting with his left.    On that point, I'd like to see Harry Wilson play more centrally in the no 10 role.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

fluffyninja

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 27, 2023, 05:11:34 PM
Quote from: Pluto on January 27, 2023, 01:31:53 PM
Indeed he has and what is most interesting (to me at least) is that in the clips I've seen of him he sometimes plays as a number 10 - so not on the right wing as he so often has done, predictably cutting in and shooting with his left.    On that point, I'd like to see Harry Wilson play more centrally in the no 10 role.

I'd just like to see him play ! Any idea if there has been a falling out of some sort between him and Marco Silva since he came back from injury or is it that he just can't get back in the team because we are playing so well ?

filham

Pat Roberts looked so good as a youngster , I always thought he had a great future with us and would go as far as to say he could have become the best play maker we had since Haynes.

Hard t understand why he hasn't lived up to expectations.

I Ronic

What's the betting , if he's picked tomorrow he'll play a blinder.

terryr

He looked very good today.
He's turned into a really good player.
Shame he had his head turned when he was so young.

Pluto

We made him look top class today. I would take him back here on that showing.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Pluto on January 28, 2023, 05:31:31 PM
We made him look top class today. I would take him back here on that showing.

🤣

Cambridge Away

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 27, 2023, 02:10:45 PM
He was another example of a precocious talent that never kicked on with his career, either because he believed his own hype or he wasn't given the right support or a bit of both. Hopefully, he ends up at the top eventually.
Yes, i can't remember seeing someone more arrogant than him. Obviously he felt he had the goods to back it up and so did Man City (and so did most of us). Turns out we were all wrong. He seems to be making his comeback though. He got us £15m, but he does come across as a bit unlikable. Not as much as his old team mate Dembele though (He loved himself even more than Roberts). I once got panned for calling Dembele a poor mans Michael Owen (when he started banging in goals for Lyon). I think that was far too generous.