watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Iconic Fulham player habits..

Started by General, January 27, 2023, 11:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Watched the interview on the offal with Radio 1's Greg James and Crickets Jimmy Anderson and they mentioned Mitro's on fire and then Pantsil's run around the pitch after every home game, win or lose.

Got me thinking of other players habits that endeared fans to them or to the club more..

One was Bouba Diop's smile and gangly run after scoring goals from the hammersmith end to the cottage.

The Fulham team christmas videos in the bullard era where they were always playing pranks on one another..

Wondering if there are any other perks or habits players had that have stood out and bring back fond memories for you and endeared you almost as much to the club than anything else?

Southcoastffc

Rufus throwing in a 'solid' tackle. :dft001:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

spoonffc

Savas mask out the sock celebration

Cambridge Pete

Rupert

Rugby Five Nations (as it was), early in the second half the final score from Twickenham or Cardiff Arms Park was read out, Ivor had his head buried in his jersey as the latest English thrashing of Wales was cheered by the crowd.

Pause of a few seconds.

"Ivor, Ivor, Ivor!" went the chant, and the great man emerged from his cocoon, smiled and waved, and all was well with the world again.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Jeroen

Slightly off topic, but it reminded me off the Harlem shake with Berbatov

gang

RaySmith

Not many on here will remember this - Johnny Haynes, giving verbals to teammates, who'd, again, failed to control one of his brilliant cross field passes, than a familiar slump of the shoulders - maybe walking off the pitch after another Fulham loss.

Kamara, doing that shake of the hand after scoring, which Mitro now does - no clue what it means - did Mitro see a video of Kamara and copy it?

Jim Langley's bandy legged run, long throws, overhead kicks- defending! and sliding tackles.

Tosh Chamberlains' cannonball shots. which might turn into a brilliant goal or knock someone out on the terraces behind the goal! And his run in's with, mate, Johnny Haynes, after he'd failed to control
an immaculately timed, thirty yard cross field pass, turning defence into attack - must be hard to play in the same team as a genius sometimes!

Tosh's joking with fans on the terraces, responding jokingly to shouted banter, to all round laughter - the game was a lot different then!

General

I also used to love how approachable players were to young fans in the early to mid al fayed years. If you were a kid you could go down to the touchline almost in the stands and have a programme and the players would more often then not make the time and come down to sign and have photos with the kids. More autographs in truth but still, created a real bond at the time.

Alec of good Stock

Quote from: Rupert on January 27, 2023, 01:29:13 PM
Rugby Five Nations (as it was), early in the second half the final score from Twickenham or Cardiff Arms Park was read out, Ivor had his head buried in his jersey as the latest English thrashing of Wales was cheered by the crowd.

Pause of a few seconds.

"Ivor, Ivor, Ivor!" went the chant, and the great man emerged from his cocoon, smiled and waved, and all was well with the world again.
I remember that very well.

Twig

John Paintsil's regular lap around the ground after every home game.

FishaPrice

Quote from: Twig on January 27, 2023, 04:32:02 PM
John Paintsil's regular lap around the ground after every home game.
I loved seeing Paintsil do this! He acted like we just won the world cup each time we won a game. He loved the fans.

Holders

My ex used to write notes on paper darts and throw them to Peter Mellor. When it was quiet he'd read them and occasionally throw them back.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Rupert

Quote from: Holders on January 28, 2023, 07:09:53 AM
My ex used to write notes on paper darts and throw them to Peter Mellor. When it was quiet he'd read them and occasionally throw them back.

Just for the sake of a clearer picture, we're these notes constructive advice on getting somebody to cover the back post at corners, or were they more along the lines of wanting to have his babies (you did say it was your ex)?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

cookieg

Quote from: Rupert on January 28, 2023, 07:54:45 AM

Just for the sake of a clearer picture, we're these notes constructive advice on getting somebody to cover the back post at corners, or were they more along the lines of wanting to have his babies (you did say it was your ex)?

Probably telling him to remember to keep his legs closed.

Holders

Quote from: Rupert on January 28, 2023, 07:54:45 AM

Lol! Probably the latter, I didn't get to see them!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

fulhamfever

Zamora having a go at the Home fans as a celebration for his goal.

SP

Not really an icon, but I recall hearing Alan Cork had a stool at the pub in Tolworth that he occupied as soon as training had finished.

Mince n Tatties

My wife has got a lovely habit,she starts massaging my buttocks when I'm at the Kitchen sink washing the dishes.🙂