watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kevin McDonald signs for Exeter

Started by sunburywhite, January 31, 2023, 06:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Finnans Right Peg

Best of luck to big Kev ,what a legend ,hope he looks after Jay

bobbo

I so hope he does well, everyone's favourite is kev .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Mince n Tatties

Wolf

Quote from: bobbo on January 31, 2023, 06:42:20 PM

For me he's out most overrated player this century, not my favourite. But good luck to him nonetheless.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

alfie

Quote from: Wolf on January 31, 2023, 06:47:43 PM

For me he's out most overrated player this century, not my favourite. But good luck to him nonetheless.
Your entitled to your opinion but WOW.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

bobbo

Wolf you must have mistaken him for another player.🤔
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Blawarmy

Great signing for them. Good luck Big Kev [emoji1303]

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

filham

Mince n Tatties

What.🤔🤔🤔

hovewhite

Ashington White

Certainly my favourite player, absolute colossus.

Carborundum

Lucky man.  Spent three years living there and standing on the big bank semi-regularly.  Great town, smashing club, my kind of ground.  Good luck to him.

The Swan

Good luck Kevin. I liked you as a player and as a decent man.
The Swan

The Rational Fan

Quote from: alfie on January 31, 2023, 06:48:48 PM

Your entitled to your opinion but WOW.

In my opinion, Slavisa overrated KMac (choosing him ahead of Anguissa sometimes) and  Raneri underrated KMac, the extreme opinions are incorrect. KMac was terrible with Seri and Angiussa, but good with Stefjo, so needs to be played with players that work with him (i.e. very mobile). KMac doesn't deserve some of the praise he gets (like some placing him in the team of the decade), but he was integral in the 2016-17 season and 2017-18 promotion, plus made a contribution between 2018-2020 so we can thank him for his part of where we are now.

Fulham 442

For most Fulham fans, me included, KMac has always been one of our favourite players who always gave it his all when he pulled on the shirt.  He seems like an all round decent bloke too and I for one wish him only the very best.

HV71

Quote from: Fulham 442 on February 01, 2023, 05:27:05 AM
For most Fulham fans, me included, KMac has always been one of our favourite players who always gave it his all when he pulled on the shirt.  He seems like an all round decent bloke too and I for one wish him only the very best.

Very well put - delighted for him and would love to see him rejoin our set up when he finishes playing.

f321ffc

I will be making the 20 minute drive up to Exeter to see how big Kev is doing. Good luck to him and City.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Rightwhite

J
Overrated????  Wow, just wow

General

I'm not completely onboard with that, but I do get the sentiment - there are some that really love the guy for the player he was... that's not me.

He was a decent DM pivot but was also in a trio of CM's with Cairney and Johansen that dominated the league.

He did well for us, we had some great times with him, but he's definitely not a legend - more a cult hero amongst some. I don't think he was a particularly gifted footballer, the championship was his level.

That being said, I was sorry to see him have to quit early due to his health, it's a good story and I'm glad he's better and found another club. Whilst he's more than worth a mention for the teams he played in - he's not a legend or my favourite player over the last decade. Not by a long shot. Seems like a really nice guy though.

Reminds me of Mark Pembridge. Mark joined the club and barely stood out or played much (though we were in the PL), but got his coaching badges and was a youth coach for a while and seemed a nice guy. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kevin do something similar.