News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would fifty minutes each way make the game better.

Started by FatFreddysCat, January 12, 2011, 01:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

I dont know the facts but it seems to be  common knowledge that loads of goals are scored in the last five/ten minutes of a game as legs get tired and mistakes are made, imagine adding anouther ten minutes to the match, loads more goals ???  Saying that with our OAP squad it's probably a bad idea.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

finnster01

I am more in favor of the old Roman way of "Two teams enter, one team leaves"  :014:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: finnster01 on January 12, 2011, 02:18:42 AM
I am more in favor of the old Roman way of "Two teams enter, one team leaves"  :014:
That would be class, the only down side would be that Stoke and Wolves would be World beaters. And Syd if we got a load of young uns in it would be a great idea.

Logicalman

Fred, I thought you were off the pop thesedays.  :wine:  :beer:

.. and what are you doing online at 3 in the bloody morning anyways?   :dead horse:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Logicalman on January 12, 2011, 02:51:29 AM
Fred, I thought you were off the pop thesedays.  :wine:  :beer:

.. and what are you doing online at 3 in the bloody morning anyways?   :dead horse:
Little relapse, not missing the booze at all, but one of the Northolt Whites 40th saturday, no way i cant go out, so thought feck it , i'll let myself have a few days off,then back on hard routine monday.

Walsh

if they added 10 more minutes to the game they would have to increase the number of registrations per squad to around 35 instead of 25, I think you should be allowed to register atleast 30 anyway, this would allow teams to change the team around a lot more frequently, and if injury's happen (like Zamora) there is more chance of him being replaced with another good player meaning that teams can perform better every week with injury's not affecting the performance as much as it does now.

finnster01

Quote from: Walsh on January 12, 2011, 11:38:50 AM
if they added 10 more minutes to the game they would have to increase the number of registrations per squad to around 35 instead of 25, I think you should be allowed to register atleast 30 anyway, this would allow teams to change the team around a lot more frequently, and if injury's happen (like Zamora) there is more chance of him being replaced with another good player meaning that teams can perform better every week with injury's not affecting the performance as much as it does now.
And who should pay the extra wages?

Blingo

Why not make it 10 minutes each way? That way we wouldn't have to wait for the goals hahahaha.

Irelands_number1

As Rio said before, "It's been a great game for a hundred years, theres no need to change it".

Vinnieffc

Don't Man Ure already get 50 mins each half if they're not winning ?

mrska

DukeTyrion

Hmmm, you could have 6 periods of 15 minutes, then the last 10 minutes of each period might be interesting, but it would be too much like the constant stops in American Football  :dft005:

You could do something for cup games.

Rather than extra time, the teams just play on until someone scores, even if it takes several hours!  :51:

OldBrownShoe

Doesn't matter how long each half is officially, in games against Manure you would still get "Fergie Time".  Plus plus an unquantifiable amount if Manure are losing and a prompt conclusion to the game if they are winning.
Seeing as we can rarely play more than a good half, I am all for reducing play by 45 minutes (and price of tickets by half).
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

HatterDon

Quote from: mrska on January 12, 2011, 02:42:43 PM
Any thoughts on MOVING GOALS???

:011:

Here's my thought: Who the hell moved all of EJ's and AJ's goals?  :dead horse:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

jarv

Other ways of improving the game. One for Mr. Lighthouse, bring back the old offside rule. Also, bring back the obstruction rule. ie stop this nonsense of shileding the ball out by blocking opponents path. Even backing in doesn't get called any more. I suggest, you can only shield the ball when in possesion., That means you have to touch the ball before shielding it.  That would put the cat amongst the pidgeons when big strong defender has to come up with some skill to get out of a difficult situation. Players like Terry would very quickly get found out (or hoof it to row Z).

finnster01

Good point, Mr Jarv.

A proper indirect free-kick for obstruction is about as rare as Howard Webb not wearing a Man U shirt these days

Vinnieffc

Top referee Howard Webb's three sons have strenuously denied claims that their father is a Man Utd fan. "He is completely neutral and unbiassed" claimed Alex, Cristiano and Wayne.

MJG

I think the average time the ball is in play over the 90mins is something like 55-60 only. Stop the clock when the ball goes out of play etc and give us our moneys worth.

As for goals...make them bigger, the average height of people has grown since the rules were written.

Burt

Nothing is broken so what needs fixing?

Perhaps reduce half time by 5-10 mins if you want some tired legs to get the increase in goals.