more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

POST MATCH: Chelsea 0-0 Fulham

Started by Friendsoffulham, February 03, 2023, 09:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Quote from: demeant0r on February 03, 2023, 09:58:34 PM
I'm really disappointed in Mitro tonight, kept dallying with the ball and kept losing possession. Only good thing he did tonight was that 50 yard shot on target.

Stop jumping on his back. So what!, he's had a few games without scoring. He's injured, went to the world cup and played injured and is our sole goalscoring threat. That is a lot to take on and he's done it admirably. Give the guy a break!

Deeping_white

Four points off the scum, what a season this is turning out to be. Not worried about the lack of chances neccesarily, we created plenty down the right side and clearly had a plan that we executed well. I think the only thing we struggled with was the final ball so interesting to see if Lukic comes in to make a difference fairly quickly in that transition #8 role

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Fulham 442

A great performance and Tete was immense. Our lack of goals is starting to be a bit of a cause for concern though...

TheCeiling

Quote from: jayffc on February 03, 2023, 10:00:00 PM
Tete the greatest Fulham RB in my 35 years, love him. Pocketed mudryk and cucarella and sterling and anyone else that took a trip to the Fulham right. What a player.

Solomon to start next game and let's get back to winning ways.
:plus one:

SP

This is a team & manager we've waited so long for.

somerset cockernee

If Anyone moans about any of the players today, I will march round their house and give them a talking to.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 03, 2023, 10:00:10 PM
Quote from: demeant0r on February 03, 2023, 09:58:34 PM
I'm really disappointed in Mitro tonight, kept dallying with the ball and kept losing possession. Only good thing he did tonight was that 50 yard shot on target.

Mitro was terrific defensively, and worked his socks off. The 50 yard shot was far from the only good thing he did. Did not seem compatible at all with the ball though.

It looked like there was a lag between his brain and his feet at times but he put in a shift and in the second half was bringing down the long balls so nothing to be worried about IMO

Deeping_white

Quote from: Fulham 442 on February 03, 2023, 10:01:27 PM
A great performance and Tete was immense. Our lack of goals is starting to be a bit of a cause for concern though...

We have just played 3 of the top defences in a row to be fair, I think that skews it somewhat

SP

Quote from: somerset cockernee on February 03, 2023, 10:01:45 PM
If Anyone moans about any of the players today, I will march round their house and give them a talking to.

Well said, I'm only seeing positives today.

We also stopped a mid table team catching up with us!

demeant0r

I still thought Mitro did okay tonight, but he kept losing possession.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

What has happened to our leaky defence that conceeds too many #sloppy goals!

Somerset Fulham

I know it was a dull game but its these kind of games that show just how bloody good we are.  I criticised Sky in their prematch build up and that bellend commentator continually banging on about the most anonymous player on the pitch, Mudryk.

But to hear Gary Neville waxing lyrical about us being such a defensive unit was music to my ears.

I love this mob of ours.

filham

Another fighting performance by our lads and Tete cannot make way for the new signing, he was MOM tonight.

Chelsea have dropped five points against us in the last few weeks, that makes me feel so good. We are above them in the table and still in the FA Cup. What more can we ask for.

Coulsdon White

Never felt nervous, the team were immense and Tete, boy what a player tonight.

General

Enjoying these two stats...

Four goals conceded from seven games since the world cup for fulham, including having played Chelsea (twice), spurs and Newcastle. May not have got the wins we wanted, but we're playing well and can get stronger.

The other is - Chelsea spent £233,700,000 to go from losing to us to drawing to us.

Tete has either always been this good, but injured - or has found his sweet spot for us and is playing the best football of his career. Either way, I'm loving it.

Mince n Tatties

Yes maybe the pessimists and panickers will now wake up to the fact we're a good side.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Ream just now: "Defend from the front, attack from the back." Love it.

Ronnief

All 16 players were brilliant led by a superb performance by Tete. Mitro played his part so wouldn't criticize him.
COYW 092.gif

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: filham on February 03, 2023, 10:05:00 PM
Another fighting performance by our lads and Tete cannot make way for the new signing, he was MOM tonight.

Chelsea have dropped five points against us in the last few weeks, that makes me feel so good. We are above them in the table and still in the FA Cup. What more can we ask for.

Soares will have seen that and been awfully impressed
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"