Sunday
Forest
1-0
Leeds
Spurs
1-0
Man City

WhiteJC

Fulham set price tag for in-demand ace with other clubs showing interest ahead of the summer

Latest news on the transfer front involving Fulham emerges

Fulham reportedly want £35million for in-demand Antonee Robinson this summer. The left-back has caught the eye in the Premier League this season.

The Sun claim current champions Manchester City are keeping tabs on him between now and the end of the season in view of a potential summer swoop. AC Milan and Inter Milan are also said to be admirers but suitors will have to fork out big money to lure him away from Craven Cottage.

Fulham landed the full-back in 2020 and he has since been a key player for the London club. He has made 90 appearances in all competitions since his move and helped them win the Championship title last term under Marco Silva.

The USA international, who was at the World Cup earlier this winter with the USA team, started out at Everton. He never made a senior appearance for the Merseyside outfit though and was loaned out to Bolton Wanderers and Wigan Athletic to gain experience before the latter snapped him up permanently.

The Cottagers then signed him from the Latics and he has worked wonders ever since. His contract expires in June 2024.

In other news, former Chelsea striker Carlton Cole has urged Graham Potter to sign Fulham's Aleksandar Mitrovic. He told talkSPORT: "You've got to look at Mitrovic's return as well, he's been brilliant for them.

"Even the way he plays, he holds up the ball. Just exactly what Chelsea need at the moment up front. Someone to bring that ball in, hold it up and lay it off, get in the box, get on crosses."

https://www.londonworld.com/sport/football/fulham/fulham-set-price-tag-for-in-demand-ace-with-other-clubs-showing-interest-ahead-of-the-summer-4014817

WhiteJC

USA star Antonee Robinson reveals too much COFFEE caused the heart scare that ruined his dream move to AC Milan in 2020 - and cutting caffeine saw him return to playing two weeks after he was meant to have surgery for an insufficient heartbeat

Antonee Robinson nearly joined Italian heavyweight AC Milan in January 2020
    But during his medical, doctors discovered a heart issue that ruined the move
    He cut out coffee before surgery but the Covid lockdown delayed the procedure
    When Robinson was later assessed by doctors, the issue had disappeared

USMNT star Antonee Robinson has revealed the heart issue that ruined his move to Italian giant AC Milan in January 2020 came down to drinking too much coffee.

Robinson was playing for English second tier team Wigan when Milan, led by legendary Italian defender Paolo Maldini, made a move to sign the USA left-back.

Maldini's involvement thrilled Robinson - he played 126 times for Italy, winning the World Cup in 2006 and the Champions League five times with Milan.

But it was when Robinson was undergoing his medical in Italy that the heart issue was discovered and his dream move turned into a nightmare.

'I was in hospital doing loads of tests and scans on my knees and back,' Robinson told The Guardian. 'They gave me a max exertion test on a Wattbike and were asking if I'd ever had any issues with my heart.

Antonee Robinson nearly joined AC Milan in 2020 but the move was ruined by a heart scare

Robinson, 25, has now revealed that drinking too much coffee was behind the issue

'I said: "No" but then they sent me to another hospital to do another ECG and when they got the results they sent me to Milan's headquarters. My agent's there with Maldini and all the higher-ups of Milan and I'm expecting to sign my deal.

'But they said: "We can't do a deal because something's flagged up with your heart". It was deadline day and it would take a minimum of three days to find out the problem, so they couldn't risk signing me.

'They were all talking so much but I'm just sat there staring at the floor and thinking: "Of course it's not happened."

'I was having ectopic heartbeats, which is basically an insufficient heartbeat. Up to 5% is OK but I was having double that. It was making my heart dilate, which means it was overworking and growing in size. It could have approached failure if it hadn't been caught. So that [Milan] medical gave me the chance to catch something I didn't even know I had.'

Robinson, now 25, returned to England and was set to undergo surgery but two months later, the country went into lockdown due to Covid-19, much like the rest of the world, and his appointment was delayed.

While he waited, Robinson was told to stop drinking coffee and when he finally was able to attend a hospital appointment, it had made a significant impact.

'When they went to do the operation they didn't see any more insufficient heartbeats,' Robinson said.

'They came to the conclusion that my heart's sensitive to caffeine and I just needed to cut out coffee. Two weeks later I played my first game in six months against Huddersfield and it was a big relief.'

Now, Robinson has ditched caffeine and become a regular at Premier League side Fulham

Robinson has played 33 times for the USMNT and impressed at the World Cup in Qatar

Robinson has gone from strength to strength since. He impressed at the World Cup for the United States as they reached the last-16 in Qatar before being beaten 3-1 by Holland. He has 33 caps to his name.

He has also been a regular for Fulham in the Premier League, one of the surprise teams of the season.

Robinson has played in 20 games for Fulham this season and the team is eighth in the Premier League standings - directly above London rival Chelsea and Liverpool.

He played the full 90 minutes as Fulham held Chelsea to a 0-0 tie on Friday and the next Premier League game is against Nottingham Forest on February 11.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11715269/USA-star-Antonee-Robinson-reveals-COFFEE-caused-heart-scare-ruined-AC-Milan-move.html

WhiteJC

Sunderland vs Fulham: How to watch for free, TV coverage and streaming details for FA Cup replay

Sunderland return to action against Fulham next up in an FA Cup fourth-round replay.

Here, we take you through everything you need to know about the clash:

The FA Cup fourth-round replay between Sunderland and Fulham will take place on Wednesday, February 8. Kick-off at the Stadium of Light is at 7:45pm.

Is Sunderland vs Fulham on TV or being streamed?
Sunderland's game against Fulham in the FA Cup fourth round will be broadcast on BBC One and free to watch on TV should you have an up-to-date TV licence.

Fans in the United Kingdom won't be able to stream the game on SAFSEE via the club's website.

However, Sunderland supporters can stream the game on mobile devices through the BBC iPlayer.

How else can I follow Sunderland vs Fulham?
BBC Radio Newcastle will be offering live commentary of the clash with Nick Barnes and former Sunderland player Gary Bennett.

Alternatively, supporters can stay up-to-date with all the latest news and updates from the game with the Sunderland Echo.

Our writers Phil Smith and Joe Nicholson will bring you all the latest team news, updates and both pre-match and post-match reaction to some of the game's biggest talking points.

What are the latest betting odds for Sunderland vs Fulham?
Sunderland win: 3/1

Draw: 14/5

Fulham win: 3/4

All odds are correct at the time of writing. Over 18s only. Please gamble responsibly and Be Gamble Aware. www.begambleaware.org.

Advertisement
Hide Ad

Can I get tickets for Sunderland vs Fulham?
Tickets for the FA Cup game are still available to Sunderland fans on safc.com.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/sunderland-vs-fulham-how-to-watch-for-free-tv-coverage-and-streaming-details-for-fa-cup-replay-4014640

WhiteJC

'They were superb' - Pundit picks out two Fulham players who caught his eye against Chelsea

Who impressed this pundit in Fulham's last fixture?

Speaking on BBC's Match of the Day, pundit Alan Shearer hailed Fulham's midfield partnership of Harrison Reed and Joao Palhinha. The pair helped the Cottagers pick up a point on Friday night as they drew 0-0 away at Chelsea.

Most eyes were on the Blues' big-money January additions like Enzo Fernandez and Mykhailo Mudryk going into the London derby at Stamford Bridge but Marco Silva's side did a great job in nulifying their opponents once again. It has been a great season for the Whites and they have their fans dreaming of a push for Europe.

Shearer likes what he is seeing from Fulham and has said: "The two that impressed me were Harrison Reed and Palhinha. I thought they were superb. They did everything that they had to do to protect Fulham.

"Palhinha has won more tackles than anyone in the Premier League this season. They got the combination right, they got the balance right, winning the ball, tackling, getting those passes into forward positions when they did, protecting that defence when they could."

He added: "We mentioned Brighton and we mentioned Brentford. We have to mention Fulham as well. The season that they are having is superb."

Fulham bolstered their midfield department this winter by landing Serbia international Sasa Lukic from Torino but he will face a battle to get into the side at the moment. Reed, 28, has adapted well to the step back up to the top flight after playing a key role behind the promotion from the Championship last term.

Palhinha has been outstanding since his switch from Sporting Lisbon and Silva will be hoping he can hold on to him for as long as possible. He has made 23 appearances in all competitions in this campaign and has scored three goals.

https://www.londonworld.com/sport/football/fulham/they-were-superb-pundit-picks-out-two-fulham-players-who-caught-his-eye-against-chelsea-4014925

WhiteJC

Reports: Milan still want Fulham star with €39m price tag but Man City are favourites

AC Milan and Inter are keen on signing Fulham defender Antonee Robinson but his price tag could well prohibit a deal, a report claims.

According to a report from Calciomercato.com, Robinson is indeed a player on the radar of both Milan and Inter but he is instead destined to remain in the Premier League. The Fulham left-back is wanted by Manchester City, who certianly have a better chance than the two Italian clubs of getting close to the £35m (€39m) wanted by the London club.

In addition, The Sun in England are also reporting that Fulham want that amount to sell the USA international and that City are his 'likeliest destination' at present, even if the two Milan clubs are 'huge admirers'.

The Rossoneri were close to signing the defender when he was playing for Wigan Athletic and even flew him over for a medical, but the move ended up being called off because the medical showed a heart problem.

https://sempremilan.com/milan-fulham-robinson-inter-manchester-city

WhiteJC

Update emerges regarding Fulham and West Ham target's future at Sheffield United

Latest news on the transfer front involving this Fulham and West Ham-linked man

Fulham and West Ham target Sander Berge is reportedly poised to stay at Sheffield United until his contract expires. The Blades managed to keep hold of the Norway international in the January transfer window despite intense speculation over his future.

According to a report by The Sun, he will 'see out' his deal until the end of the 2023/24 campaign meaning he is set to remain at Bramall Lane next term as well. Premier League high flyers Newcastle United were also said to be keen on him last month but he ended up going nowhere before the deadline last Wednesday.

Fulham and West Ham could have seen the 24-year-old as someone to bolster their options in the heart of midfield. The Cottagers pursued another target instead and brought in Serbia international Sasa Lukic from Serie A outfit Torino.

Sheffield United are on course to secure promotion from the Championship and this new update regarding Berge suggests he will now remain with the Yorkshire club in the next campaign, which is looking likely to be in the top flight if boss Paul Heckingbottom can get them over the line. That will be a good opportunity for him to put himself in the shop window again before his deal runs out in the summer of 2024.

In other news, Fulham midfielder Tyrese Francois is back from his loan spell at HNK Gorica. He played 10 times during his stint in Croatia.

https://www.londonworld.com/sport/football/fulham/update-emerges-regarding-fulham-and-west-ham-targets-future-at-sheffield-united-4014976

WhiteJC

Four-star Fulham Women ensure League Cup progress
Fulham Women put four past Hastings United at Motspur Park yesterday afternoon as the Whites eased into the next round of the League Cup.

In a tie hastily rescheduled after last weekend's original encounter at Hastings was abandoned following a serious injury suffered by United's Izzy Burt, Fulham initially had to break down their opposition's disciplined defensive shape. The visitors could have easily taken the lead with a couple of free headers and forced goalkeeper Edie Kelly into an one sharp save. At the other end, Helen Ogle headed a terrific Tia Foreman corner narrowly wide before Georgia Heasman hit the crossbar after excellent combination play between the wily winger and Megalie Mendes.

Steve Jaye's side kept up the pressure in the second half but Ogle was denied by a good save from Lucy Apps. Hastings held out until beyond the hour and it took some composed finishing from Summer Roberts to break the deadlock. It was the January signing's first Fulham goal since joining the Whites from London Bees. The increasingly influential Heasman doubled the lead with an unerring finish with a quarter of an hour remaining, before Fulham made the scoreline more emphatic in the closing stages.

Forward Ellie Olds added a third by firing in an off the post before the returning Chairmane True rounded off the scoring with a looping header over Apps with three minutes to play. The Whites have been drawn away to Dorking Wanderers in the next round of the competition and are scheduled to play that tie at Meadowbank next Sunday afternoon, with kick off at 2pm.

FULHAM WOMEN: Kelly; Foreman, Mendes, Southgate, Stormer; Hayman, Christison-McNee, Konan; Ogle, Heasman, Olds. Subs: Cowan, Bird, Roberts, True, Buchele.

GOALS: Roberts (61), Heasman (75), Olds (82), True (87).

HASTINGS UNITED WOMEN: Apps; Philips, Harris, Muggeridge, Johnson, Gurr, Creese, Roper, Bellehewe, Sharp, Heather. Subs: Staton, Nicholson-Rogan, Mason, Moody.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/02/four-star-fulham-women-ensure-league-cup-progress/