watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nfr: Chris Martin joins QPR

Started by SP, February 06, 2023, 07:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

For some strange reason, this news gives me a warm glow.

H4usuallysitting

Ruislip White

They must have a good tuck shop at the training ground.

Surlyc

It's nice to be on the other side of the sliding doors moment for once. Chris Martin turned his back on us for a club that didn't even want him and while we've played PL football three times since then, he has been consistently declining ever since.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Surlyc on February 07, 2023, 08:52:15 AM
It's nice to be on the other side of the sliding doors moment for once. Chris Martin turned his back on us for a club that didn't even want him and while we've played PL football three times since then, he has been consistently declining ever since.

McClaren wanted him .... but he got sacked !! McClaren would have known we were a possible top 6 threat that season !!

Andy S

There is no loyalty from any player in any league. They go where they can earn the most money. While they can

bog

Who will now sing lead with Cold Play?  :022:

092.gif

Surlyc

Quote from: Andy S on February 07, 2023, 09:28:02 AM
There is no loyalty from any player in any league. They go where they can earn the most money. While they can
The irony here being that if he'd showed less loyalty to Derby, he most likely would have earned more money with us. His short term greed has directly led to the decline in his career.

filham

A good fit, they deserve each other.

Twig

I know what you mean but I don't think it's 100% the case. Players like TC have shown commendable loyalty as has Mitro.

Takemehome27

My goodness what a mess that club are in!

hovewhite

Quote from: Surlyc on February 07, 2023, 09:29:43 AM
The irony here being that if he'd showed less loyalty to Derby, he most likely would have earned more money with us. His short term greed has directly led to the decline in his career.
this is Karma love it

fulhamfan

Fulham 442

Sammyffc

Quote from: Twig on February 07, 2023, 10:22:55 AM

I know what you mean but I don't think it's 100% the case. Players like TC have shown commendable loyalty as has Mitro.

True however lets not forget the absolute wad of cash they earnt/earn as a salary, Mitros new salary earns him close to 25-30m over 5 years if i'm correct? And Tom was one of the highest paid champ players for a while

Im not saying they don't deserve it, im just saying money and loyalty go hand in hand in many cases.

St Eve

Quote from: Surlyc on February 07, 2023, 09:29:43 AM
Exactly. He didn't want to play for us. What a huge mistake he made

alfie

Quote from: Fulham 442 on February 08, 2023, 12:39:57 PM
Quote from: fulhamfan on February 08, 2023, 10:33:55 AM
i liked chris martin
He didn't like us very much though!
As far as I am aware it's not that he didn't like us, it was more his agent and Derby fed stuff into his head.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Fulham 442

Quote from: alfie on February 08, 2023, 03:00:51 PM
i liked chris martin
As far as I am aware it's not that he didn't like us, it was more his agent and Derby fed stuff into his head.
That may well be the case.  However my comment was supposed to be humorous!

alfie

Quote from: Fulham 442 on February 08, 2023, 06:39:40 PM
Quote from: alfie on February 08, 2023, 03:00:51 PM
i liked chris martin
That may well be the case.  However my comment was supposed to be humorous!
Oh 😂
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't