News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

POST MATCH: Sunderland 2-3 Fulham (FA Cup)

Started by Friendsoffulham, February 08, 2023, 09:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerbianLad

Rested pretty much everyone and still won, that's the most important thing. Tosin was pretty poor, Harris started brightly but then disappeared, Vinicius got an assist but was otherwise pretty poor, BDR struggled a bit defensively when he came on, everyone else was pretty good imo. Kurzawa had that one mistake in the first half and slipped for their third goal, but I thought he was class otherwise, really good on the ball and had some nice tackles as well, well taken goal too.

The only potential negative is Cairney's injury. Hopefully nothing too serious...

General

Quote from: St Eve on February 08, 2023, 09:50:50 PM
Clearly most of our fringe players are not good enough. I think we know this and added two in the window which should help. Beat Leeds now and anything can happen

Not sure that's entirely fair. It was a tight game against a side who are up for it and in the championship and away at the Stadium of Light. We won - it wasn't pretty but for the first half an hour we really did dominate with that second string who aren't that familiar with one another.

I think there are maybe one or two players who have been inconsistent, three of four who are lacking match sharpness - Duffy, Solomon, Wilson, Vini, Tosin, Kurzawa.. it was a solid even though unspectacular result.

love4ffc

Silva just saying in his interview that the first pressure was not good enough towards the end of the first half and that's why he brought on Mitro and Pereira.
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

TheCeiling

I thought all the defenders bar Tete were pretty poor. Hopefully it's a learning curve for each of them.

TC was dominant, thought he tends to hold the ball way too much instead of just passing it forward quickly, it slows down our attacking game.

Also didn't like we've barely involved Solomon on our attacks. Can't afford having his 1v1 skills and barely using it. He worked a lot defensively, probably a Marco tactic task. I wonder if his sub means Marco plans to start him against Forest.

Vini lacks something in his game, but I wouldn't write him off. Need to see more.

Rodak had a great save, but also a one poor one.

First 15 minutes were brilliant, with a lot of fluidity, we put a lot of pressure on them offensively, but then it faded off for some reason.

All in all excited we've won this tough battle. 1/4 finals at the Cottage here we come!!   

SP

Good to get it done without extra time, I imagine they'll fly home tonight?

Baston White

Quote from: Pluto on February 08, 2023, 09:52:26 PM
Can't complain - good win in a tough midweek game up in the north east. We did look very shaken defensively though, Tosin and Kurzawa in particular. Kurzawa took his goal really well but boy he cannot defend at all.

I think Kurosawa makes a better centre forward than left back.

Fulham 442

Quote from: love4ffc on February 08, 2023, 09:42:57 PM
Tom being helped across the pitch at the end.  He couldn't seem to put his left foot down.  Not good. 
Yes that's a real worry.

filham

Quote from: love4ffc on February 08, 2023, 09:42:57 PM
Tom being helped across the pitch at the end.  He couldn't seem to put his left foot down.  Not good. 
Think that must have been Tom's first full 90 minutes of the season, suspect he may not recover to play his usual substitute role against Forrest.

Pluto

Quote from: Baston White on February 08, 2023, 09:56:01 PM
Quote from: Pluto on February 08, 2023, 09:52:26 PM
Can't complain - good win in a tough midweek game up in the north east. We did look very shaken defensively though, Tosin and Kurzawa in particular. Kurzawa took his goal really well but boy he cannot defend at all.

I think Kurosawa makes a better centre forward than left back.

🤣 I actually had the exact same thought at the time!

TC's Sporran

Quote from: TheCeiling on February 08, 2023, 09:54:50 PM
I thought all the defenders bar Tete were pretty poor. Hopefully it's a learning curve for each of them.

TC was dominant, thought he tends to hold the ball way too much instead of just passing it forward quickly, it slows down our attacking game.

Also didn't like we've barely involved Solomon on our attacks. Can't afford having his 1v1 skills and barely using it. He worked a lot defensively, probably a Marco tactic task. I wonder if his sub means Marco plans to start him against Forest.

Vini lacks something in his game, but I wouldn't write him off. Need to see more.

Rodak had a great save, but also a one poor one.

First 15 minutes were brilliant, with a lot of fluidity, we put a lot of pressure on them offensively, but then it faded off for some reason.

All in all excited we've won this tough battle. 1/4 finals at the Cottage here we come!!   

most of the time he went backwards he had no options in front of him. i think he kept going too deep to get on the ball and should have stayed a lot further up the pitch.

Motspur Park

Clearly most of our fringe players are not good enough. I think we know this and added two in the window which should help. Beat Leeds now and anything can happen
You say that but Palhinha is probably our best player and looked rank average tonight. Therefore judge each of the players when playing without so many changes in the proper match day team.

St Eve

Quote from: General on February 08, 2023, 09:54:03 PM
Maybe but none stood out including Rodak.

Not sure that's entirely fair. It was a tight game against a side who are up for it and in the championship and away at the Stadium of Light. We won - it wasn't pretty but for the first half an hour we really did dominate with that second string who aren't that familiar with one another.

I think there are maybe one or two players who have been inconsistent, three of four who are lacking match sharpness - Duffy, Solomon, Wilson, Vini, Tosin, Kurzawa.. it was a solid even though unspectacular result.

Maybe but none stood out including Rodak. I can't think of one that I would start on Saturday

Caedal

Happy we're through. Biggest alarm is Tosin with another terrible performance. Hopefully this gives Mitro gives a bit of form going forward

bill taylors apprentice

A wins a win and away in the cup against a young energetic team was never going to be a walk over.

It would be nice if we strolled through the game and won comfortably but that's football and winning anyhow is a good habit to have.

Shredhead

That's the kind of game we'd have lost in many previous seasons so I'm happy.  Good vocals from the travelling Cottagers as well. Bit worried about TC limping off at the end.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Sgt Fulham

Football would be boring if the higher placed team always won at a canter. Given the hodgepodge team I'm happy with the win even if it wasn't the greatest performance. Strangely I was never worried that we wouldn't win as the winning mentality that Marco Silva has installed is so strong.

Rupert

In amongst all the doom and gloom of a 3-2 victory, did you notice that we are now, in the media's eyes, an established PL team? Mowbray was under the impression we ended the game with a virtual full strength team (okay, he has to talk us up to make his lot seem better, but even so). We are not regarded as a bit of a joke. The pundits are looking at our players with a degree of respect we have not enjoyed in a long time.

It was not a brilliant performance, but it was streets ahead of previous 4th round games.
Roll on round 5. I bet Leeds would rather face Sunderland.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 08, 2023, 10:04:04 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 08, 2023, 09:43:57 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 08, 2023, 09:41:19 PM
Unimpressive.
Off to your bed..
Every bloody game.
I think you are somewhat confused.

Funnily enough the wife thinks the same.
She sent me out this afternoon for some cakes from our local Baker,and I came home with a copy of "Bondage Monthly".🙂

RaySmith

Wilson  should have put it  to bed with another couple in in the first half, though I thought he played well.

I thought the whole team did well, really - just a bit of uncertainty at the back, with the back four not having played together, but it was a tough game, especially the second half, but we held out well - the players battled, seemed to really want it, with some moments of class too - well done Fulham 049:gif