more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It's amazing...

Started by Palhinha Colada, February 11, 2023, 07:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

Quote from: Palhinha Colada on February 11, 2023, 07:24:14 PM
How many of our players are playing at insane levels under Marco, putting in legitimate world-class match performances (Tete vs Chelsea, Ream today, etc)

Ream is legitimately one of the best CBs in the PL.
Tete and Robinson are one of the best FB pairings in the PL
Diop is being resurrected
Mitro was resurrected
Andreas was a running joke for Yanited fans and now is tearing up the league
Willian was thought to be finished and now has top-6 fans clammoring for him

Has anyone even flatlined without an injury causing it? Maybe Tosin?

You can go on and on. Credit to the players for putting in the work, but it's incredible what a real manager can do for a squad.
You forgot BDR and Reed. Also, the Arsenal reject Leno

hovewhite

Diop and ream chatting on the pitch a lot yesterday encouraging each other and finishing each time with an arm round each other.
Great to see team spirit and true grit.

ffc73

Quote from: Chi_FFC on February 12, 2023, 01:17:50 AM
Quote from: wback on February 12, 2023, 12:11:43 AM
I don't really understand how if felt like Ream was getting done for pace earlier in the season and now... it doesn't? Has he got faster? Is it just his combinations with those around him and getting all the distances right (some of his covering for Diop today was excellent).

Tim got done for pace today a couple times today, most noticeably around the 25 minute mark. In that case thankfully Diop was just able to get a toe on a Johnson cross to prevent Wood from scoring. 

The team work for one another.  If Ream is left 1-on-1 like yesterday around the 25-minute mark he will be done for pace.  The difference this season is that is occurring less because Paulinha often drops into the back line when Robinson bombs forward, or we win the ball back higher up the field to stop the counter attack into the hole Robinson leaves.

Diop and Tete have less of a problem on the right as Reid tends to drop into RB when Tete overlaps. 

alfie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 11, 2023, 08:52:09 PM
Quote from: SP on February 11, 2023, 08:45:13 PM
Good post.

Quite shocking to see Chris Wood lumbering around the pitch today, £20m doesn't buy much these days.

It can buy many pints of Peroni Beer and many Bottles of Captain Morgan's Rum.
Yuk Mr M, Peroni is awful, now if you had said Singha I'll be right with you.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Tabby

Good post.

Quite shocking to see Chris Wood lumbering around the pitch today, £20m doesn't buy much these days.

I don't understand why they signed him. 90% of Nottingham Forest attacking threat is hoofing it long and hoping that Johnson and Awoniyi will be able to outrun CB's, and they look useless with Awoniyi out.

No idea how Wood is meant to fit their style of play, would be better to have Surridge out there.

Deeping_white

Don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere else on here yet but that's 4 clean sheets in 8 games since the WC and only 4 goals conceded in that time as well

ffcthereligion

Quote from: Deeping_white on February 12, 2023, 10:53:29 AM
Don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere else on here yet but that's 4 clean sheets in 8 games since the WC and only 4 goals conceded in that time as well

Yeah but the negativity mongers had switched focus to say we had been found out in attack of late, the critique of the defence was so last year

Andy S

We haven't been found out at all we had so many shots at goal Forest were lucky to still be in the game at half time

SerbianLad

Quote from: Andy S on February 12, 2023, 11:39:54 AM
We haven't been found out at all we had so many shots at goal Forest were lucky to still be in the game at half time
Agreed, we hit the woodwork 3 times and Navas had a great save on that Mitro shot.

Although I thought  that that criticism was aimed at our previous 3 games, not seen many people upset with our performance yesterday (but as I said many times, criticism was undeserved for those previous three games as well as the circumstances made it difficult for us to score).

filham

Is there a Fulham fan left who would dare to suggest that Ream and Willian may be too old for the Premier League.

Texas White

Quote from: Mr White on February 12, 2023, 12:48:39 AM

I've been a Fulham fan for over 50 years and I can honestly say I've never seen a Fulham team play with
  Such team spirt and Consistent passion every game.
[/quote

50 years + for me and agree with you 100%

LittleErn

Quote from: ffc73 on February 12, 2023, 07:45:44 AM
Quote from: Chi_FFC on February 12, 2023, 01:17:50 AM
Quote from: wback on February 12, 2023, 12:11:43 AM
I don't really understand how if felt like Ream was getting done for pace earlier in the season and now... it doesn't? Has he got faster? Is it just his combinations with those around him and getting all the distances right (some of his covering for Diop today was excellent).

Tim got done for pace today a couple times today, most noticeably around the 25 minute mark. In that case thankfully Diop was just able to get a toe on a Johnson cross to prevent Wood from scoring. 

The team work for one another.  If Ream is left 1-on-1 like yesterday around the 25-minute mark he will be done for pace.  The difference this season is that is occurring less because Paulinha often drops into the back line when Robinson bombs forward, or we win the ball back higher up the field to stop the counter attack into the hole Robinson leaves.

Diop and Tete have less of a problem on the right as Reid tends to drop into RB when Tete overlaps. 

Good analysis "73" - answers the question for me.

LittleErn

Quote from: filham on February 12, 2023, 11:55:18 AM
Is there a Fulham fan left who would dare to suggest that Ream and Willian may be too old for the Premier League.

I'm a Fulham Fan and I would dare to suggest that they may be......eventually.

WindyCity

Quote from: General on February 11, 2023, 09:16:53 PM
Good post.  Quite shocking to see Chris Wood lumbering around the pitch today, £20m doesn't buy much these days.
More expensive than Palhinha.

I thought Wood was invisible for most of this game.  Never really posed a threat.  Well done FFC defense!!

Somerset Fulham

I'm not sure Wood being anonymous was really down to Wood. He is a decent footballer he just doesn't fit in any way shape or form into the current Forest setup and formation.

That is not to do our back four any injustice, mind.

Cornishnick

Of course Ream will be done for pace occassonaly but he does have a little of the Bobby Moore about him. Reads the game so well and his timing makes up for lack of pace much of the time. Even Bobby Moore needed some younger players to support him. My 9 year old grandson has that skill of reading the game from a defensive position and the coach is really encouraging him and the team, coaching skills in them and not a win at all costs approach. He won't make professional ranks but he's a joy to watch.