Main Menu

NFR - Mario Lemina

Started by H4usuallysitting, February 11, 2023, 10:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WolverineFFC

Quote from: alfie on February 12, 2023, 02:58:50 PM
Quote from: WolverineFFC on February 12, 2023, 02:31:18 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on February 12, 2023, 10:45:06 AM
Referee was all over the shop in that game. Pleased for Wolves that they came out on top in the end, but very unfair on Mario

Think it was Gillett, correct? He was one of the only referees that I thought did a good job at the Championship level. Can't say I've been quite as impressed this season. I believe he gave Marco the card as the 4th official at Chelsea as well.

Seems he is not going to deal with dissent. Don't think I'd blame him, but he better stay consistent with it. It's easy to pick on Southampton and Fulham, but I hope he is as righteous with his cards if it is Mason Mount or Bruno Fernandez doing what Lemina did on a yellow.
But what did Lemina actually do, he was running towards the ref, unless he said something on his way there, what is he guilty of?

Seems there is a crack down on surrounding the official, etc. Hence the fines and warnings for not controlling players. Lemina was pretty demonstrative on running up to him. I don't think I would send someone off for a 2nd yellow for something like that. Especially in a relegation 6 pointer. Which is what I was saying, Gillett seems to be taking the directive regarding dissent pretty strictly. He better be consistent with the more high profile calls is my opinion.  We know who those players are at the big 6 who do the same dramatics on a routine basis.

bobbo

Quote from: Kingjay81 on February 12, 2023, 01:29:11 PM
Finally a referee with some balls.

Keep sending them off and guess what, they'll stop gobbing off and running after refs.

Hope Mitro was watching!
soo true , I think most refs are frightened to be thinking along those lines .it's why today there's massive indiscipline
1975 just leaving home full of hope

alfie

Quote from: WolverineFFC on February 12, 2023, 04:49:23 PM
Quote from: alfie on February 12, 2023, 02:58:50 PM
Quote from: WolverineFFC on February 12, 2023, 02:31:18 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on February 12, 2023, 10:45:06 AM
Referee was all over the shop in that game. Pleased for Wolves that they came out on top in the end, but very unfair on Mario

Think it was Gillett, correct? He was one of the only referees that I thought did a good job at the Championship level. Can't say I've been quite as impressed this season. I believe he gave Marco the card as the 4th official at Chelsea as well.

Seems he is not going to deal with dissent. Don't think I'd blame him, but he better stay consistent with it. It's easy to pick on Southampton and Fulham, but I hope he is as righteous with his cards if it is Mason Mount or Bruno Fernandez doing what Lemina did on a yellow.
But what did Lemina actually do, he was running towards the ref, unless he said something on his way there, what is he guilty of?

Seems there is a crack down on surrounding the official, etc. Hence the fines and warnings for not controlling players. Lemina was pretty demonstrative on running up to him. I don't think I would send someone off for a 2nd yellow for something like that. Especially in a relegation 6 pointer. Which is what I was saying, Gillett seems to be taking the directive regarding dissent pretty strictly. He better be consistent with the more high profile calls is my opinion.  We know who those players are at the big 6 who do the same dramatics on a routine basis.
The thing for me was he hadn't actually reached the ref, so he was guilty of running, if he had joined the other 2 that were already there then fair enough.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't