Main Menu

Worried for Saturday

Started by Shredhead, February 13, 2023, 07:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shredhead

Quote from: perry geyton on February 13, 2023, 10:01:09 PM
Silly post
All due respect
Thank you. I agree with almost all your posts. I'll watch it again. UTF.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

The Rational Fan

In the Premier League, Fulham are typically underdogs for at least half of their away games.

As an upper mid table team, Brighton are the favourites and it's not a big deal.

Litrecola_

Grab a point and move on, perhaps work in Manor in the 11. Willian is getting older and he could use a break I believe.

mrmicawbers

Before the season started,I had serious doubts about how we would hold up in the prem.This team never seem to let you down,our soft underbelly has disappeared. Marco and his team deserve a lot of credit along with all the others responsible for getting in the new signings this season.We have a great team on and off the pitch it would seem.

toshes mate

Brighton are almost by now a well seasoned PL fixture.  They have been managed well and have coped with many sugnificant changes in personnel.  The Amex is a good place for football if a little soulless as modern stadia tend to be.  It'll be a good game for us to measure our progress at the highest level of English football just as at least nineteen other games will by season's end have been.   You cannot achieve what we have achived this season without some important somethings clicking together in a way we have not seen under the Khans before.  The performances of Ream, Tete, Kebano, Reed, BDR have proven just how important coaching teams are when it comes to fixing a ceiling on best performance percentages.

If we can get a result this weekend then I'd say we will have achieved another coming of age for our present stint in the PL.  It will not be easy but it is doable.

Forever Fulham

Because of the bunching in the middle of the table, and the games in hand disparity amongst those teams nearest us (flattering our standing to the casual observer), and given the remaining games and attendant degrees of difficulty of same, I see the Brighton game as pivotal.  Win, and we could reasonably end up in 6th at the end of he season.  Lose, and 13th isn't out of the picture.   Or is it the wine typing?   I'm not sure.  But today I am still over the moon at how far we've come in a.just-promoted season after languishing in the huff and puff wilderness. 

SerbianLad

Quote from: Forever Fulham on February 14, 2023, 06:23:57 AM
Because of the bunching in the middle of the table, and the games in hand disparity amongst those teams nearest us (flattering our standing to the casual observer), and given the remaining games and attendant degrees of difficulty of same, I see the Brighton game as pivotal.  Win, and we could reasonably end up in 6th at the end of he season.  Lose, and 13th isn't out of the picture.   Or is it the wine typing?   I'm not sure.  But today I am still over the moon at how far we've come in a.just-promoted season after languishing in the huff and puff wilderness.
How can we be 13th? It would take a huge drop in performances to be 13th. Even if all teams bellow us win all their games in hand, we'll still be 9th, as only Brentford and Liverpool can overtake us in that way.

I mean we can be, but that's very negative thinking, in my opinion.

Thailand Mick

If I was having a bet for the team to finish in sixth place at the moment my money would be on Brighton. They seem to create many scoring chances in each game and when they don't win its normally down to missing those chances. This could be our toughest away game we have left to play but we have stood up well to all the challenges we have faced this season. I believe we will have to be at our best to win this one which is definitely possible and if we do then we will be right in the mix for the European spots.

WindyCity

Quote from: Shredhead on February 13, 2023, 06:05:40 PM
But my main point remains - if we give the ball away and don't take chances,  there's a good chance we won't win.

FFC has had a few games, and periods during games, like that, where it seems they are giving the ball away too easily.  It happens, and sometimes you have to credit the oppositions' defense for that result.  That said, I do think we have become much better in this part of our overall game play and have been limiting the give aways.  The only player I felt was clearly poor in this regard v Forest was Diop.  Seemed he gave the ball away multiple times and looked like he was unsure of what to do with the ball when it was at his feet.  Hopefully he can clean that up in future outings.  But, as I said above, I think FFC is doing much better in minimizing give aways.....

ffcthereligion

Quote from: SerbianLad on February 14, 2023, 06:38:11 AM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on February 14, 2023, 06:23:57 AM
How can we be 13th? It would take a huge drop in performances to be 13th. Even if all teams bellow us win all their games in hand, we'll still be 9th, as only Brentford and Liverpool can overtake us in that way.

I mean we can be, but that's very negative thinking, in my opinion.

I think 11th worst. 13th would be terrible from here. 6th is best. 10th where we'll end up.

Hell for leather in the cup please. Win it and it'll be greatest day in the history of the club and we get europe anyway, a point seldom raised on this board

Woolly Mammoth

Brighton will be another tough challenge, but it works both ways.
We shall meet that challenge head on. As we know it is all on the day as matches are.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

colinwhite

some people are never bloody happy !!!

Sloth

I'm worried how you handle a really stressful situation.

We will be just fine Saturday.With Marco in charge, I can confidently say that.
Liquor expert. American.Human.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Shredhead on February 13, 2023, 07:54:26 AM
I watched the replay of Saturday's game and we were poor for long stretches - giving the ball away, Mitro obviously out of sorts, Palinha not winning the ball back etc. If we play like that in Saturday,  Brighton will beat us.

May i advise you to never worry about worrying.You have a choice either to be a Doormat, or a Matadoor.
Be the Hunted or the Hunter.

In life, there are really only two things to worry about.
Either you are well, or you are sick:
If you are well, there's nothing to worry about! If you are sick, there are two things to worry about.

Either you get better, or you die. If you get better, there's nothing to worry about! If you die, there are two things to worry about. Going to Heaven, or going to Hell.
If you go to Heaven, there's nothing to worry about! If you go to Hell, you'll be so busy shaking hands with all your friends that you won't have time to worry... So why worry at all??

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

LC

Mitrovic has been off the pace the last few games. Second half against Forest he wasn't great at all. I think it's temporary, I wouldn't be surprised to see him put in a big shift and score a goal or two against Brighton.

Looking forward to the game, I think it'll be very entertaining and I think it's 3 points we can get

FreiBird

Quote from: AJW48361 on February 13, 2023, 03:00:57 PM
I thought we were slightly fortunate to beat BHA at home.The Japanese fellow on the Left looked a great talent coming on that Night and has gone from strength to strength since then. Tough Match all in all.

hahah you can't actually be serious. We completely dominated Brighton for 95% of the game, the only chance they had was the pen they were given and a chance from their player being 10/15 feet offside the linesman never gave. In absolutely no way were we fortunate to beat them.

Genuinely I believe some people don't watch games, they just see we won and say "oh we won but we're Fulham so we must have been lucky."

bog

Quote from: Litrecola_ on February 14, 2023, 01:56:39 AM
Grab a point and move on, perhaps work in Manor in the 11. Willian is getting older and he could use a break I believe.

For me Willian is the one of the first on the team sheet. 

FFC In Oz

Quote from: bog on February 15, 2023, 08:42:36 AM
Quote from: Litrecola_ on February 14, 2023, 01:56:39 AM

For me Willian is the one of the first on the team sheet. 

Agreed.

Think Manor is good for a spot in the XI though.

Would rather him start on the left and Willian on the right.